Halo 3 DotHqalo-like-program

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding Programs' started by General Gilliam, Feb 9, 2009 with 10 replies and 1,253 views.

1. General Gilliam

General Gilliam Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hi, I was wondering if there was any WORKING halo 3 program similar to the halo 2 modding program DotHalo? If not, is it possible to make one (would it work). Because I am quite used to modding halo 2 through it, and would like it if halo 3 was as easy to mod. (hate sandbox program)

2. gamebeatter

gamebeatter Premium Premium

Ratings:
    yes supermodder made it its called forge, but you cant use johnson as you dont have a dev kit

3. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    even then, johnson is buggy as ****.

Your best bet is to wait until Halo 3 modding is actually possible (ie people can actually play the maps), and then tools will come out.

4. RvB rox

RvB rox Member

Ratings:
    w8, are you talking about .map modding? so aka, never?

5. poopoo

poopoo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    lol never? more like no one knows when but it will probably be a long time like maybe hmm? next time someone gets ****** off at xbox or bungi and decides to get fired by releasing con builders to the public and/or .map resigners

6. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    ...which will never happen because they would get the **** sued out of them

7. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    Container package builders are already possible. I know a few people who've made them. A .map resigner will also never happen, as long as RSA has no known weaknesses. The only way you'll be able to play maps on a retail xbox is with an xbox exploit that bypasses XeX checks.

It's more like never.

8. mxrider

mxrider Getting There

Ratings:
    It's actually possible right now. Recent progress has been made in getting past the hypervisor which allows unsigned code to be run. However, this requires downgrading your kernal to an exploitable version using a timing attack, running the King Kong exploit, setting up the new hypervisor, then acquiring a modified Halo 3 XEX which removes the map checks. Difficult right now, but not impossible.

9. Doob E Snack

Doob E Snack Enthusiast

Ratings:

owned......

10. nickcas

nickcas Member

Ratings:
    No, not owned. You'd need to have an xbox with a 1888 basekernel, and they haven't been released since around mid 2006. If you had a working box from then, you'd have to buy infectus to downgrade to 1888. Then You'd have to upgrade to 4532 to run the kk exploit, and then finally use this new info, which as of right now has only been used to change the LED's to orange, to load a modified XeX.

The chance of you having the xbox requirements and the skill to do this close to the chance of you getting a dev-kit.

Plus, a custom kernel was already made, just never released. If this new development in the hypervisor exploit ever came to anything, what makes you think that it would be released?

Like I said, it's more or less impossible.

MxRider, if you're talking about something different from the xboxhacker topic, then let me know.

11. mojobojo

mojobojo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This has gone totally off topic, the question has been answered. Could an admin close this?