Halo 3 and Silver Accounts

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Glitches' started by Supermarc589, Dec 3, 2008 with 13 replies and 1,870 views.

1. Supermarc589

Supermarc589 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Here is my deal. I have 2 accounts. I got a 50 on my first account found [Click here to view the link]. Then one day i cant log into my account and call xbox and find out it got stolen. So i go through passport.net and all that stuff and get my password reset and all is good. Then a week later my account is shut down. I call xbox and they say its because they did an investigation on my account and had to cancel the subscription and there is no way they can restore it (which I think is bull) so Im like this sucks.

Then 2 months later i accidentally sign my now silver account on and go into matchmaking with it as my friend in social and it worked! I was playing the new maps in social and getting the new achievements and then 1 day it just stops working. It says "you need a gold account to play xbox live" even thouh its social, the same message I had gotten for the first 2 months. (NOTE: this all happened before the release of NXE so thats not it)

So my questions are:
    Why might it have suddenly started then stopped working?
    Why cant silver accounts play social, but guests can?

2. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    You need gold to play multiplayer anything, not sure how you got into social without it

3. Auxilio ab alto

Auxilio ab alto Newbie

Ratings:
    That actually happened to me. Social worked with silver accounts for a day. it hasn't since, but I thought I was the only one with this happening to me.

4. DJ Shepherd

DJ Shepherd Banned

Ratings:
    silver accts work if they have 48 hour trials on them for social
    it could also be just some lag between your profile getting the info that you dont have gold

5. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I've had friends who have appeared as silver but played online as if they were paying for a gold subscription.

As DJ stated, its most likely lag.

6. OP
    Supermarc589

Supermarc589 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    weaksauce.

I managed to get the annual achievement but then it stopped working on november 5th so i couldnt get 7 on 7 or the lightswitch.
    its so dumb. how can microsoft cancel an account but cant restore it? That sounds retarded that they cant restore it. I mean I cant make it gold at all i always get a stupid error. Its so frustrating since I had spent over a year on that account getting achievements, exp, all that ****.

**** microsoft

7. classy blackman

classy blackman Getting There

Ratings:
    thats sucks man your story brought me to tears:.(

8. Noupoi

Noupoi Contributor

Ratings:
    Well was it over the weekend? If it was, that was because of the Xtival where all silver members get gold membership over that weekend.

9. TI Seven

TI Seven Getting There

Ratings:
    If you were able to use a silver account in matchmacking you could customize you character depending on your achievements(for Ex. E.V.A Armour). You would also have a rank and xp tracking system on your account. When your a guest of a Gold member you only can play in the games. The only armour you can have is C.Q.B. armour. Plus when you sign out from the guest I'm pretty sure everything resets.
    So basicly, both guest and silver accounts are free but for silver having that advantage it wouldn't be fair. If Silver account could play social matches they would be able to do the same thing as a gold members for free(except for ranked matches).

10. OP
    Supermarc589

Supermarc589 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    It wasnt just over a weekend it was like a full week

11. jaymac407

jaymac407 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    You got onto it via a special promotion XBOX usually have randomly. Lag would not be the cause (system waits for Halo 3 servers before doing anything matchmaking).

12. darkFX

darkFX Contributor

Ratings:
    I can play COD and Haloez on silver.
    :smile:

13. Bucknasty B Rad

Bucknasty B Rad Enthusiast

Ratings:
    idk i wish you could play ranked on 48 hrs tho that would be quite nice lol

14. tantrum22

tantrum22 Newbie

Ratings:
    your operator at 1800 4 my xbox must of been way stoned and just messed **** up.