Reaction score
Sin$
You pay 50 dollars and I only pay less than half of that :tongue:

TyLerrrr

TyLerrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah just thinking about H2 going away forever brings a tear to my eye. I remember staying up all night playing for about 16 hours straight with a break every couple hours. then sleeping for 3 or 4 hours then playing all day again. That game is the reason I have a xbox and xbox live.

My story is:
My step bro had H2 and XBL. My bro had a regular xbox but no live. So then my bro got XBL and I played some H2 on his xbox. Then me, my bro, and my step bro all 3 got 360's for Christmas. So we all set up in the basement and played all Christmas break. They were both really good and I sucked. Then I just kept playing until I got pretty good. I remember when I got my 32 in slayer I was on top of the world. Then I joined SYN (part of XGC :thumbdown: ) and became a General. I met this guy named SYN TRITON. Then I left and he did to. We stayed good friends and joined AAG (All Around Gaming) together. Thats where this name came from haha. Then we left it and made our own clan called NaG (New Aged Gaming) we got around 500 people in it then we just got tired of it. Somewhere in there I joined this site to learn about standbying and I never learned. Then I met this guy that knew how to mod. So me and my bro game him 2 48 hour codes for him to mod us up. So I got up to a 36 in Snipers and my bro got to a 37. Then the ranks reset. Needless to say I never got back up that high. Then all my friends started getting XBL and playing halo. The highest level out of all of them was like a 12. Then H3 came out. I got a 50 easily. Then all my friends that were 10 and 11s in H2 got 50's in H3. So then I just gave up on it and started playing CoD.
This is my story.

R.I.P Greatest Game Ever!

KingTwoFour

Rumble

Shoot the J, SHOOT IT!
Hardened Veteran Chatty Kathy Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Man I miss those days so much. Playing MLG was fun, Modding kids in Matchmaking was fun, and Standbying people was fun. Modding in that game was the shiiiiiiiiiiizzzz. You could pretty much edit everything. I once made a skin for my clan! It was awesome! *tear*

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
i stayed up in the wee hours of the 15th playing h2 for the last time. it gave me a sad face. i have soo many memories of this. i would <3 bungie forever if they started using their servers to bring back h2

TyLerrrr

TyLerrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah I'm gonna go get H2 for PC today. Hook my controller up to my laptop and use one of those cords that lets me use my TV as my computer screen. Be just like the old days.

B

bballa03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah just thinking about H2 going away forever brings a tear to my eye. I remember staying up all night playing for about 16 hours straight with a break every couple hours. then sleeping for 3 or 4 hours then playing all day again. That game is the reason I have a xbox and xbox live.

My story is:
My step bro had H2 and XBL. My bro had a regular xbox but no live. So then my bro got XBL and I played some H2 on his xbox. Then me, my bro, and my step bro all 3 got 360's for Christmas. So we all set up in the basement and played all Christmas break. They were both really good and I sucked. Then I just kept playing until I got pretty good. I remember when I got my 32 in slayer I was on top of the world. Then I joined SYN (part of XGC :thumbdown: ) and became a General. I met this guy named SYN TRITON. Then I left and he did to. We stayed good friends and joined AAG (All Around Gaming) together. Thats where this name came from haha. Then we left it and made our own clan called NaG (New Aged Gaming) we got around 500 people in it then we just got tired of it. Somewhere in there I joined this site to learn about standbying and I never learned. Then I met this guy that knew how to mod. So me and my bro game him 2 48 hour codes for him to mod us up. So I got up to a 36 in Snipers and my bro got to a 37. Then the ranks reset. Needless to say I never got back up that high. Then all my friends started getting XBL and playing halo. The highest level out of all of them was like a 12. Then H3 came out. I got a 50 easily. Then all my friends that were 10 and 11s in H2 got 50's in H3. So then I just gave up on it and started playing CoD.
This is my story.

R.I.P Greatest Game Ever!

Same h3 was garbage. Hopefully reach will be like h2. I remember staying up so long in the night playing h2.. and modding customs with friends... ah. 2007 was the best year of my life

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
this is getting serious now. it's like. yeah. it's gone. i feel like the modding community got hit hardest with this. i mean, yeah, there were people who played this game non-stop that are sad. but then there's us. we also played non-stop. but then always modded the game. it's like we made love the game, then the game offered to make us a sandwich afterwards. you see, the game never offered to make the sandwich for anyone else but for us :cry:

B

bballa03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
this is getting serious now. it's like. yeah. it's gone. i feel like the modding community got hit hardest with this. i mean, yeah, there were people who played this game non-stop that are sad. but then there's us. we also played non-stop. but then always modded the game. it's like we made love the game, then the game offered to make us a sandwich afterwards. you see, the game never offered to make the sandwich for anyone else but for us :cry:

lmao interesting way of putting it, but i think you're right

TroJanVirus

TroJanVirus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Shooting a banshee's wings off with enemy AI still in it, guide him through this door in the road tunnel (on metropolis)

670px-Get-the-Scarab-Gun-in-Halo-2-Step-7.jpg

Then you guide the AI closer to the exit of this corridor, and hi-jack his banshee as you pass through the checkpoint save, and then flying that badboy all the way up to the two tallest buildings with a bridge between them and find this cute little fella:

Arma_scarab_H2.png

VJJ

VJJ

Thanks for everything <3
End of the Year 2015 Stickied A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
Shooting a banshee's wings off with enemy AI still in it, guide him through this door in the road tunnel (on metropolis)

670px-Get-the-Scarab-Gun-in-Halo-2-Step-7.jpg

Then you guide the AI closer to the exit of this corridor, and hi-jack his banshee as you pass through the checkpoint save, and then flying that badboy all the way up to the two tallest buildings with a bridge between them and find this cute little fella:

Arma_scarab_H2.png
"Cute". The scarab gun was ridiculous! I miss exploiting that and just playing the campaign over and over again. I might just go back and play it today!

d2c

d2c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I love how they act like these servers are really costing them something. they're actually pretty cheap for a corporation like microsoft but i digress.
To answer the original topic, my favorite story is when I first got a 30 in team snipers. We were down 49-44 at headlong and they were holding down the mlg setup in the main building. I'll never forget superbouncing into the air and capping 3 guys on the way down. then seeing the same three guys get spawn raped while trying to come kill me in the middle of the map. sweet sweet halo 2.. sigh

BitTorrent

BitTorrent

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I love how they act like these servers are really costing them something. they're actually pretty cheap for a corporation like microsoft but i digress.
To answer the original topic, my favorite story is when I first got a 30 in team snipers. We were down 49-44 at headlong and they were holding down the mlg setup in the main building. I'll never forget superbouncing into the air and capping 3 guys on the way down. then seeing the same three guys get spawn raped while trying to come kill me in the middle of the map. sweet sweet halo 2.. sigh
You need to think about it from Microsoft's POV. The cost of the servers to keep the XBOX Original Servers up for Xbox Live wouldn't be benefiting them. They would have to hire people to maintain them and they wouldn't be making more money then it would cost them. I would like the servers up as much as the next guy but, its not something beneficial to a company such as Microsoft that is making loads of cash off of their new generation of consoles, computers and tablets/phones.

PS: I noticed the date, the thread deserves a bump.

R.I.P Halo 2

d2c

d2c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to think about it from Microsoft's POV. The cost of the servers to keep the XBOX Original Servers up for Xbox Live wouldn't be benefiting them. They would have to hire people to maintain them and they wouldn't be making more money then it would cost them. I would like the servers up as much as the next guy but, its not something beneficial to a company such as Microsoft that is making loads of cash off of their new generation of consoles, computers and tablets/phones.

PS: I noticed the date, the thread deserves a bump.

R.I.P Halo 2
I run a business and one thing that's been proven multiple times in recent memory is that a little fan service can go miles for futures releases. They spend a few extra bucks a month and all of a sudden people actually pay for their xbox live again (need I go into the details of the steady decline in xbox live gold members?). And if not that you garner at least some support for your new releases that most people are skeptical about. Overall it's good PR

BitTorrent

BitTorrent

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I run a business and one thing that's been proven multiple times in recent memory is that a little fan service can go miles for futures releases. They spend a few extra bucks a month and all of a sudden people actually pay for their xbox live again (need I go into the details of the steady decline in xbox live gold members?). And if not that you garner at least some support for your new releases that most people are skeptical about. Overall it's good PR
Declining in Xbox Live Gold Members? The only reason for decline in gold members is the PS4 out sold the Xbox One and theres no reason to buy gold for your 360 if you switched to PS4. Bringing back the Original Xbox Live servers wont bring people back.

Top Bottom
Login
Register