Solved Halo 2 Spawn Mods

• Thread starter xRiTiLiN
  • Start date
  • Views 3,933
X

xRiTiLiN

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys, im wondering if there is a way to spawn mod on, lets say on a map lockout
the reason i want to do it is only for 1v1 puposes
im kinda new into modding but i get it, i was just wondering if there is anyway to make it where i can put the other players next spawn and spawn stick him, like i said its going to be for 1v1 purposes, so if anyone can help me hit me up
xRiTiLiN

eladza

eladza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is a tutorial that i found on this site by y2k Hell99. It was originally posted by XxMoNkEy42xX

Se7ensins-99 Dot Halo Tutorials

Changing Player spawns!:

Here we go, how to Change player spawns. In this tutorial I will show how to Change all player spawns on a map to another location. I will also tell you how to Change individual spawns. Anyways, on with the tut.

Things you'll need:

PlayerSpawn by GlitchyGuardian
Map resigner
DotHalo

Everything you need is available in Antman's modding tools. So first, fire up CordFinder. Go to file->load map view. Now navigate to where the modding tools are installed, and then go to the CordFinder folder, then "contentmaps." For this tutorial, we are going to be changing the Spawn points of Elongation, so click that one and open it.

You should now be presented with a screen like this:

Now, click "Zoom In" once or twice to get a bit of a better view. We are now going to get the X and Y coordinates for a spot outside of the map. So mouse over the spot where you want your player to spawn. Keep in mind that we are not changing the height of the spawn, so somewhere in the black space is preferred. Ok, so double click where you want to Spawn and the X and Y coordinates should freeze.

The X and Y coordinates are displayed in the red circle above. I suggest copying them to notepad as they appear for safe keeping. Now that you have your Spawn coordinates, you'll need to replace the old spawns with your new ones.

Open up PlayerSpawns by GlitchyGuardian now. Open your Elongation.map that your
If you click the drop down menu near "small view" you will scroll down to see 79 different numbers. These are the Spawn points, thus there are 79 different spawns on this map. Now, to save time we are going to make every Spawn point on the map our new outside the map point. To do this, we are going to need to make spawns 0-79 our new spawn. To do this, make sure the Change Values says from 0 to 79, and
Now there is one more thing. We need the Z coordinate (the height). So, we need to go into DotHalo and find an existing height of a Spawn and use that as ours. Open Elongation in DotHalo. Navigate to the SCNR tag and go to the tag editor. Scroll down until you see "player spawn." Click on the drop down menu and choose Spawn 0. You should now see the coordinates of Spawn 0.

Now we need the Z coordinate, so copy that. And paste it into the Z field of PlayerSpawn.

Click "Change Range" on PlayerSpawn. Now click "Save Map." A message should come up telling you of it's success.

Now you just need to resign the map with a resigner, fire it up and enjoy spawning outside of Elongation!

Hope this helps you!

-eladza-

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register