What's new

Discussion Halo 2 Anniversary "Confirmed", Sort Of.

• Thread starter SpartanG01
  • Start date
  • Views 822
Status
Not open for further replies.
SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
According to this IGN article http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02...box-one-in-2015-says-master-chief-voice-actor the voice actor behind Halo's "Master Chief" has all but confirmed the release of a 2014 Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. IGN originally reported an email between Steve Downes and Gamezone where they asked Mr. Downes the following:

"Looking forward, Halo 5 has obviously been announced and likely will hit this fall. I know you can’t go too in-depth with this, but where are you with your process in the development cycle? How much of the game has been voiced? Have you even gone in [to the voice-over booth] yet?"

To which he replied

"I think you may be ahead of yourself on H5. I wouldn’t expect anything until 2015. What you can [Ed. note: underlined emphasis left intact from the original document] look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of HALO 2."

So is this confirmation of H2A this year? IGN sought to find out and asked for a direct quote from Microsoft and Mr. Downes him self. These are the answers they received.

Microsoft: "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time."

Steve Downes: "What I said was: 'I think you're ahead of yourself on H5. I have read some things on line that you can look forward to a H2 anniversary edition maybe this year, but I have no official information one way or the other,'" Downes told us. "I was just mentioning some of the things I had read online about Halo 2. I have no idea if there will be an anniversary edition and didn't mean to leave that impression."

This comes after a wave of supposed "leaks" about the future of the Xbox One that up and to this point in time have been mostly true in substance. Many of the changes suggested by early January's leaks have come to fruition and this would just be the next in a line of predictions made about the Xbox One 2014 line up to be true. The things we do know for certain is that Microsoft has promised us time and time again this year that our "next Halo journey will began in 2014". Maybe there is hope for Halo 2 Anniversary after all? I can tell you I would be beyond excited for that news. Halo 2 was one of my most beloved games for the original Xbox console and I would gladly pay full retail price for an HD release of it.

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah I had read that post but I didn't read the latest comments.

Edit: I still think being as big an "announcement" as this is it deserves a thread. H2A is a huge deal for a lot of people and that thread is about a mess of predictions made about a lot of things my only intent here was to discuss the possible confirmation of a next gen Halo 2

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I better get ready for Halo 3 anniversary in 2 or 3 years.

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I better get ready for Halo 3 anniversary in 2 or 3 years.
Lol as funny as that is, on a serious note I very very very seriously doubt there will ever be another Halo Anniversary title after 2. Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 had this like near religious following. Having been around since Halo Combat Evolved I can tell you Halo 3's following is not nearly that dedicated.

greylovesyou

greylovesyou

♥ VFX ♥
10th Anniversary Experienced Veteran Chatty Kathy
Reaction score
Sin$
I REALLY hope that H2 Anniversary sticks to the core gameplay that I loved with H2. Halo 2 was my favorite Halo of all time. I hope that they keep the moons and rings when you get to a high rank, i loved that.

Adamgm10

Adamgm10

The Kid
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol as funny as that is, on a serious note I very very very seriously doubt there will ever be another Halo Anniversary title after 2. Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 had this like near religious following. Having been around since Halo Combat Evolved I can tell you Halo 3's following is not nearly that dedicated.
Me too. I love Halo CE I remember playing it as a wee lad. But yeah I really hope there's no more anniversary titles for a long time. As much as I don't really like Halo 2 getting an anniversary title right now I'm still going to get it because I love Halo (Except for 4)!

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Me too. I love Halo CE I remember playing it as a wee lad. But yeah I really hope there's no more anniversary titles for a long time. As much as I don't really like Halo 2 getting an anniversary title right now I'm still going to get it because I love Halo (Except for 4)!

Halo 2 had my favorite multiplayer. I probably spent months and months of time in game just messing around not even really playing. Doing things like having custom game tank battles and stuff lol

O

oversized93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So maybe Halo 2 anniversary comes as a core game and comes with halo 5 beta access?

mqmoose

mqmoose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
lol, he had to make another statement, I'm pretty sure that H2A will be this year but, seriously all we need is the multiplayer. Honestly, for me if you just gave me a game with multiplayer I would be fine and probably not buy anymore games haha.

Edit: They need ranks also.

Celty

Celty

The Black Rider
Reaction score
Sin$
You know, Jet Set Radio Future was the first game for the xbox, call me then they make one for that.

SpartanG01

SpartanG01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You know, Jet Set Radio Future was the first game for the xbox, call me then they make one for that.
Was it?

-=Nov, 15 2001=-
Halo: Combat Evolved
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy
Madden NFL 2002
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X

Jet Set Future Radio didn't release until Febuary, 22(JP), 25(NA) in 2002

Celty

Celty

The Black Rider
Reaction score
Sin$
Was it?

-=Nov, 15 2001=-
Halo: Combat Evolved
Dead or Alive 3
Fuzion Frenzy
Madden NFL 2002
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Project Gotham Racing
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X

Jet Set Future Radio didn't release until Febuary, 22(JP), 25(NA) in 2002

Well, when i was a kid thats all i used to play, so i probably dont have a clear image. Still needs a anniversary.

Spyro

Spyro

4/18/10
VIP
Stickied Mythical Veteran End of the Year 2012
Reaction score
Sin$
Gears of War Anniversary is next.
They won't make one quite yet, they aren't like that. They will make the next game in the installment first, then after that will be anniversary if they decide to. There's just too many classic games that could not be played on next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register