Halo 2 and The NXE

Discussion in 'Halo 2' started by RILEY, Jan 13, 2009 with 8 replies and 594 views.

1. RILEY

RILEY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I've been dying to mod Halo 2. I've got my mod complete and the file is on my HDD. When I load the map and press start, the map loads, I leave the lobby, and i go to the waiting screen except its darker and the blue square in the middle is empty. I have a NXE Con resigner because i thought it would help...I dont know how to use it. Can someone please help?

2. Zephdo

Zephdo Newbie

Ratings:
    you dont use a con resigner your supposed to use a map resigner.
    con resigner is for halo 3 and stuff
    map resigner ( you can find one here ) is for halo 2

3. OP
    RILEY

RILEY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Im using entity/dothalo which are in the se7ensins AIO along with the map resigner. I know that they work because i used them before the NXE. do i need to update them?

4. Eaton

Eaton Contributor

Ratings:
    The NXE didn't do anything to impact Halo 2 modding. You mod your map, do some small edits to make it load as a DLC map, sing the map with the DLC map signature, and put the map over an existing DLC map in your TDATA folder.

5. OP
    RILEY

RILEY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    then why am i getting that error? my friend said that if i over load the map with changes or do something wrong it can happen. maybe i should fix the maps and then start again.

6. Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
  7. OP
    RILEY

RILEY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I fixed it, i messed the tags up. and learned that I cant make the rocket cannot fire a train without freezing

8. Ghost Sarge

Ghost Sarge Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it can fire a train.depends which tag u used to spawn.

9. OP
    RILEY

RILEY Enthusiast

Ratings:
    what tag is it? all of mine just freeze