What's new

Support Hacking switch safe?

E

Ephemeral

Memento Mori
Reaction score
Sin$
So i've been planning to mod my switch for a while now as i got bored of playing so many games without mods or new features. but im so worried about not being able to play online with friends anymore. is it safe will i be able to, or will i be banned and have a offline console.

Reedradar

Reedradar

Flex and bass is what life is all about.
Reaction score
Sin$
So I'd advise getting sx os pro kit and using emu nand. Keep the emu nand offline and you'll be safe. Nothing is 100% but if you also get a 2nd SD card for your emunand you'll be even safer.

hebesupport

hebesupport

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
You are under risk for playing online on a hacked Nintendo Switch. And if your Switch is already on 8.0.0, you can't mod it for now.
Update: Atmosphere 0.8.8 released, we can homebrew the Switch 8.0 console now. But for booting it, we need SX Gear or R4s dongle not the SX Pro again.

Last edited:
Izuku Midoriya

Izuku Midoriya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ima just wait 6 years untill something like luma 3ds comes out for the switch

H

Hexal

Reaction score
Sin$
Well, if you go online with a CFW switch, you will be banned only by your Nintendo account.

If you do consider modding or hacking your switch, check out r/switchhax or Reddit for switchhax, they are pretty knowledgeable about this stuff.

Here is somep tips if you do mod it.

-Use airplane mode and uncheck auto update system software and auto report crashes/errors to Nintendo via system settings, before booting into rcm and modding.

-RCM Mode is achieved by a rcm jig that attaches to the right of the switch with the joy con removed.

-RCM alternative, tinfoil in 2nd and 3rd vent/slot in the side of the right joy con, or purchase a modded joy con, paper clip in Nintendo switch vent.

It seems like the safe way to mod your switch is via pc through rcm.

I recommend a serial # checker for your switch to check if it is patched or not. That is also somewhere on Reddit.

But in any case yes it is, as long as you follow the instructions for modding it.

The only way to safe way to mod the switch, that I know of anyway is by using a computer.

Top Bottom
Login
Register