• Views 1,332
JamieAubrey

Aubrey1

Victoria Louise "Pixie" Lott <3
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Source: http://www.gamezone....rosoft-xbox-360

Apparently Sony's PlayStation 3 isn't the only console struggling to combat hackers. A number of Xbox 360 owners have reported their accounts have been hacked and credit cards used to buy FIFA Ultimate Team content packs.

Thanks to Eurogamer's reader, Speedjack, who found his gamertag had been "recovered" to someone else's machine on October 11th.

"I then find out that I've had 5000 then 500 MS points bought on my credit card. Better yet, all the points including the 120 I had already on my account are gone... all spent on FIFA 12 content packs yesterday afternoon while I was at work.

Not only that, but my account now has 35 FIFA 12 achievement points on it!!! Never played the game in my life - hate football."

According to Microsoft support, there appears to be an issue with EA's servers that leaves Xbox Live accounts vulnerable to hacks. How far the hackings have spread is yet to be revealed, but another report from Goosterblog confirmed another user's Xbox Live account was hacked to also buy FIFA Ultimate Team packs.

According to multiple reports offering explanations, the hackers have been emailing EA support and the EA server then sending over the victim's Xbox and EA account information.

Microsoft support is freezing accounts affected for up to 30 days as it investigates complains.
While EA hasn't released an official statement about the hacks, the company has given Xbox Live users advise on how to protect their accounts.

Sorry if been posted before

Josef Stalin

Josef Stalin

Retired
Retired
MotM Stickied
Reaction score
Sin$
If EA servers didn't suck *** already they sure do now.

I just heard about this bulls*** with online pass for BF3 because the server costs but they clearly don't spend any money on these servers as people have been getting lots of errors with them for the past year and nothing is being done.

This is just over the top if now the servers are making peoples' XBL account vulnerable to being hacked and stolen from them, EA has to do something about their ****** unreliable and apparently vulnerable servers

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This has nothing to do with EA servers. The people who sell 6k accounts "hack" other peoples accounts so they can juice them up with points and sell them on. Recovering one will get you console banned

heXdz

heXdz

bun
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
My mate didn't play FIFA but he had his account taken, £90 was spent on his credit card :/

Pimmel Peter

Pimmel Peter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL. The good thing is that my "dealer" :wink: from china has alot of cheap new us accounts with 10000 points on it.
Thanx for your money, so other people could buy really cheap accounts :wink:

D

deadprezz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
LOL. The good thing is that my "dealer" :wink: from china has alot of cheap new us accounts with 10000 points on it.
Thanx for your money, so other people could buy really cheap accounts :wink:
You forgot the part that you get console banned.

M

modder x jtagv1

Reaction score
Sin$
If EA servers didn't suck *** already they sure do now.

I just heard about this bulls*** with online pass for BF3 because the server costs but they clearly don't spend any money on these servers as people have been getting lots of errors with them for the past year and nothing is being down.

This is just over the top if now the servers are making peoples' XBL account vulnerable to being hacked and stolen from them, EA has to do something about their ****** unreliable and apparently vulnerable servers

Do you mean nothing is being done? lol error corrected.

controler12

controler12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All they are doing is SEing EA account info and people are just ****in retarded and use the same password for everything. Thats what they deserve for being stupid.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I wish i was such a badass that i could hack into servers....lmfao.

Top Bottom
Login
Register