What's new

Discussion Hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Punkdude

Reaction score
Sin$
So, my friend got hacked today. Is there any hope for getting his account back? We know who did it, but we dont know what windows live ID is now on the account, and we dont know the GT anymore. Is there any thing we can do? Will Xbox replace the year of live?

Frisco

I wMz LooNeZ I

Angels on our shoulders
Reaction score
Sin$
Ring up Xbox live support and they'll deal with it.

SiiK

SiiK

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
yes, my account was hacked and everything was changed they gave it back after 6 months of me calling them every weekend but didnt refund the money well not to me they put it all on the hackers card

Allergy

Allergy

Reaction score
Sin$
Phone them up saying you've been hacked. If you have an attached CC to that account it will be easy to get back, you need to remember the gamertag though.

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
first of all it didnt get "hacked" he most likely gave the info to someone else and they changed the password

give microsoft a call, even though they prolly wont do s***

P

Punkdude

Reaction score
Sin$
Ive already called microsoft, they said there getting there "Investigation Team" on it? Does this mean hes screwed? OR will he get the account back?

SiiK

SiiK

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Experienced Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Ive already called microsoft, they said there getting there "Investigation Team" on it? Does this mean hes screwed? OR will he get the account back?

just wait then

K

kxzy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They usually investigate the account to prove it was stolen. They will then lock the account until they can prove whose gamertag it is. I believe that's what they do anyways.

majik655

majik655

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

It means they have their investigation team on it, and it will take probably six months like Siik stated calling every weekend to get it back.

Chronic Man

oKroniicz

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Give microsoft a call tell them you have been hacked and your gametag and they will ask you some questions :lol:

C

crimsonseamonkey1

Reaction score
Sin$
They told me the same thing when I called them about my account being stolen.. And this was like 1 month ago & they still never called me back.

Call me LEWY

Call me LEWY

Maybe?
Forum Addict Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
ages ago around 2008 i got mine hacked. i had my cc saved on it and the hacker bought £700 worth of stuff. i got all of it back but not the account :/ it just got disabled and got a 12 month redeem.

Mone

Mone

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
call asap it took me a week to get my account back
Code:
Dear Xbox LIVE Customer,

Your report of unauthorized access to your Xbox LIVE account has been received and researched by our fraud investigations team. After a review of your account information and history, we have taken temporary control of your Xbox LIVE account and the associated Windows Live ID. This is a normal part of our process that helps protect your account details by preventing further modifications to your account.

Current Gamertag: ********

Current Windows Live ID: webmaster@********

Next Steps

Now that our investigation is complete, follow the steps described in this e-mail to:

1 - Take back control of your Windows Live ID.

2 - Recover your Xbox LIVE account.

3 - Manage any unauthorized account changes or purchases.

Take control of your Windows Live ID

1.       In your Web browser, go to https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx to open the Windows Live password reset page.
2.       Copy your Windows Live ID and paste it into the Windows Live ID box.
3.       Complete the Web form, and then click Continue.
4.       Select the Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail option.
5.       Select the Alternate e-mail option, and then click Continue.
6.       Password reset instructions will be sent in e-mail to: ******@gmail.com. Follow these instructions to confirm your request and reset your password.
7.       Sign in to www.xbox.com with your Windows Live ID and new password. If the Gamertag for your account appears, this verifies that you have regained control of your Windows Live ID.

Recover your Xbox LIVE account to your console

1.       Press the Xbox 360 Guide button, and then select Recover Gamertag.
2.       Follow the directions on the screen to complete the recovery of your account.

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907333 for important details about the account recovery process.

If you would like to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945419 for instructions. However, please note that your Windows Live ID can be changed only once every 30 days. We cannot override this important security measure.
Fraudulent purchases

If fraudulent purchases were made from your Xbox LIVE account while the account was not under your control-with an associated credit or debit card, or from your Microsoft Points balance-such purchase amounts will be refunded. Refunds will be processed within the next 10 business days, but may take up to 30 days more to appear on your billing statement, depending on your financial institution.

Any content that was purchased while the account was not under your control will remain available for your use, but only when you are signed in to Xbox LIVE with this account. We do not automatically transfer these licenses to your console. If you would like to license this additional content for offline use, visit https://live.xbox.com/signup/UIPStartPage.aspx?appid=ConsoleLicenseTransfer to begin the transfer process.

To help prevent further incidents, please be aware that Microsoft will never ask you for sensitive account information, such as your Windows Live ID password, through Xbox LIVE or over the phone. Visit www.xbox.com/live/accountsecurity.htm to learn more about account security.
Sincerely,

The Xbox LIVE Investigations Team

Victoria Justice

UnCle DiiGz

Contributor
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
you should call MS also contact windows live about it . my account was stolen begining of may and they have been in contact with me since then and said i can / might get the account back next month. the email is the hardest part to get back once they changed everything.

keep calling ms once or twice a week to kinda get an update . the CSR do not deal with this it is the investigation team that deals with it and they do not talk to anybody so you have to just keep calling the CSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register