What's new

hacked gamertag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ffa jay

Reaction score
Sin$
i just got done playing a game of halo reach. after the game was over the kid was so pissed that i beat him he threatened to "hack" me. i thought nothing of it and continued on my way, but 5 minuets later, he sends me a message listing my contact information. the name i put on my account, my city, and my state.

this is also the second time someone told me my contact information without me even having a full conversation with him.

now i was wondering if anyone here knew how he did this?

also, first post

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
is the info listed on your profile?

Fatality

Fatality

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Cain & Abel, which pulls ip's, then they can look up on an ip locator site, which will tell them your state and city but not your name.

F

ffa jay

Reaction score
Sin$
Cain & Abel, which pulls ip's, then they can look up on an ip locator site, which will tell them your state and city but not your name.
thanks for the fast reply guys.

no, i have no info on my profile at all, i don't even have a motto. how did he get my name then you think? maybe he looked up my address in the white pages? because he told me my age too.

thanks again.

Fatality

Fatality

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue how he would get your name or age, but the only way I can think of him getting your City and State is by pulling your IP, which you shouldn't have anything to worry about him hacking your profile.

If you have a dynamic IP I would recommend you change it sooner then later.

H

Hiide

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
the words "Hack" and "Xbox" don't go together........

F

ffa jay

Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue how he would get your name or age, but the only way I can think of him getting your City and State is by pulling your IP, which you shouldn't have anything to worry about him hacking your profile.

If you have a dynamic IP I would recommend you change it sooner then later.
no, i have a static ip.

he sent me a message saying that if he had my ip, his "DoS shells would be raping my internet."

he then went on to tell me " i see you have an older sister"..... which i do.

am i going to die?

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol don't worry the little kid can't do s*** if he does end up ddosing you call up you ISP and requist the investagate this they will then get his ip from ms probbaly and from there you should be good as they will get in contact with his ISP and he will be then blacklisted.

F

ffa jay

Reaction score
Sin$
Lol don't worry the little kid can't do s*** if he does end up ddosing you call up you ISP and requist the investagate this they will then get his ip from ms probbaly and from there you should be good as they will get in contact with his ISP and he will be then blacklisted.
ok, thanks for the reassurance.

still wondering how he found out my name and that i have a sister...

M

MikeLawry

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
He looked up your up which gives him a bunch of info which he can cross refrence off facebook or the yelllow pages or whatever.

Not the hardest thing in the world just make sure the security questions arnt easly guessable ie what's my postcode or something make it a difficult question that only you would know the answer to.

F

ffa jay

Reaction score
Sin$
He looked up your up which gives him a bunch of info which he can cross refrence off facebook or the yelllow pages or whatever.

Not the hardest thing in the world just make sure the security questions arnt easly guessable ie what's my postcode or something make it a difficult question that only you would know the answer to.
but, i don't even have a facebook and my sister doesn't live with me. ah well, whatever.

thanks for the help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register