• Views 1,327
Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
How safe is gut swapping? Just curious because ive been banned and was planning on buying an xbox gutswaping (maybe popping of a ram chip to force the RROD) then returning it saying i opened it and it was DOA hoping they will give me a new unopened one witch i would then return to a different walmart.

Oviously MS has the ability to tell that the packaged Xbox's serial number is not the same as the one thats programmed into it.
Is their a way they could find out and track it back to me?

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Gut Swapping is highly illegal and you WILL get in SERIOUS trouble if you get caught. It's really risky and what did Wallmart do to deserve it? I'd advise that you didn't

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Coletrain17 said:
Gut Swapping is highly illegal and you WILL get in SERIOUS trouble if you get caught. It's really risky and what did Wallmart do to deserve it? I'd advise that you didn't
their walmart, need i say anymore?

But yeah i guess your right i think im just going to hold out and buy a MW2 xbox then flash that cus i didn't learn my lesson.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I just did it a few days ago. Ethically questionable? Very. Be sure to swap the serial number sticker on the front USB ports just in case. I did mine at Wal Mart. In my situation, I returned it to a black lady in her forties probably. They have to call electronics so that they can come make sure everything is there and that there is a warranty sticker (depends). I told the lady "It's broken, it freezes". She called electronics and told him that and he said "Oh that's typical" and didn't even come look. She just asked me if everything was in there (only looked at the console). I swapped out my controller and PSU also. I could have just kept the controller and she wouldn't have known.

You can always use the normal "I don't want it anymore" reason, but I'd really advise you to say it is broken so that it gets sent off to Microsoft instead of being resold. How would you like to open a brand new 360 to find out you are console banned?

l Gob l

l Gob l

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Gut swapping huh? You doing it at your local walmart? If you are I suggest you do not...if your online and have a PO box (aka another mailing address) I can see how this would be quite funny...

K

KranK

Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
I just did it a few days ago. Ethically questionable? Very. Be sure to swap the serial number sticker on the front USB ports just in case. I did mine at Wal Mart. In my situation, I returned it to a black lady in her forties probably. They have to call electronics so that they can come make sure everything is there and that there is a warranty sticker (depends). I told the lady "It's broken, it freezes". She called electronics and told him that and he said "Oh that's typical" and didn't even come look. She just asked me if everything was in there (only looked at the console). I swapped out my controller and PSU also. I could have just kept the controller and she wouldn't have known.

You can always use the normal "I don't want it anymore" reason, but I'd really advise you to say it is broken so that it gets sent off to Microsoft instead of being resold. How would you like to open a brand new 360 to find out you are console banned?

I dont mind breaking ethical crap. Thanks for the tips. So they do open it? I tried to make it look like I didn't lol.I will just say it froze, if they ask if I want a new one I guess I will just say I will get one later?

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
Well oviously that would suck but wouldn't sending it to MS be counter intuitive because they would be able to find the real serial number (its obviously programmed in if they use it to ban people) then they can easily track it down to me because my brother registered it when we bought it.

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
l Gob l said:
Gut swapping huh? You doing it at your local walmart? If you are I suggest you do not...if your online and have a PO box (aka another mailing address) I can see how this would be quite funny...
See reply below
KranK said:
I dont mind breaking ethical crap. Thanks for the tips. So they do open it? I tried to make it look like I didn't lol.I will just say it froze, if they ask if I want a new one I guess I will just say I will get one later?
You don't mind having no ethics? Well that's nice, way to drive society into the ground. They open the box, yes. Make it look like you opened it. Take all the plastic off. They will ask "Do you want a new one or your money back".
Forgoten Dynasty said:
Well oviously that would suck but wouldn't sending it to MS be counter intuitive because they would be able to find the real serial number (its obviously programmed in if they use it to ban people) then they can easily track it down to me because my brother registered it when we bought it.
Think of it this way. You think a multi-billion dollar corporation cares about this 1 out of the 1,000's they receive per week? You think they would spend that much time and trouble for their small loss? No. You're fine, you're really over thinking this also.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Carson said:
See reply below

You don't mind having no ethics? Well that's nice, way to drive society into the ground. They open the box, yes. Make it look like you opened it. Take all the plastic off. They will ask "Do you want a new one or your money back".

Think of it this way. You think a multi-billion dollar corporation cares about this 1 out of the 1,000's they receive per week? You think they would spend that much time and trouble for their small loss? No. You're fine, you're really over thinking this also.
yeah i guess if they didnt seek legal action over me pirateing their games (and trust me i stole alot more then 200$ worth of games.

Modified

Modified

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
It's good to know all of this information in case I would need to gutswap my 360 one day.

Tell us how your swap goes, KranK.

Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty

Free Sosa #bangbang
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
KranK said:
Do you know if we get to keep the giftcard? I doubt it because the cards number is on the receipt.
Lol i honestly didnt know i was banned today i got out of work and knew about that deal and wanted to go buy one as a percaution but they were sold out :/.

Spend it first.
Its all online just buy a some small **** you need like a case for your phone, screen protector, head phones, ect ect. Order then return the xbox.

B

Blu3 1ightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have done it probably ten times.once for my self and then the rest were friends i did it for.once i kept the mem card in the arcade edition and they didnt notice.i have never changed the serial sticker they only look at the back serial number and i have only returned mine with the warranty sticker intact all the rest i just peeled off because they never checked under the faceplate.if i got caught i would just say i have a couple consoles at my house so i must have mixed them up sorry. hope this helps a little

Top Bottom
Login
Register