What's new

Guild Wars 2

• Thread starter xfalsereality
  • Start date
  • Views 2,570
X

xfalsereality

Reaction score
My friend has been trying to convince me to get. Is the game any good? I've seen gameplay and reviews about it. But I want to hear from the people who have played it. Like did you enjoy it or get bored of it fast.

B

blckskippy

Reaction score
Hype was good, First Impression was great, but after playing for a while it became extremely stale.

There is pretty much no endgame, so after you put all the work of getting to 80 the game is the same and you don't feel "rewarded" for your work. Some people like being able to do everything like PvP from level 1, but I feel like you should work up to endgame stuff like in WoW. It got boring because I felt no "drive" to play it. It might just be because I love and have loved WoW, but that's my opinion on it, take it or leave it.

Reaction score
I have the game was super hyped at first because who wouldn't think the game looked awesome right?
Well within 10 minutes of playing (Besides Character Customization) It didn't really Grab me like other MMO's
Don't get it if your not that big into MMO's Not to mention the game's friggin colossal 30 gb in total with updates!

S

SpaceBear

Contributor
Reaction score
i got to 80 and all you do is run around and do dungeons for armor if you dont like grinding then dont get it

P

Priority

SE7ENSINS
Reaction score
Ill stick with Guild Wars 1 it looks like, hopefully I can find a good group of people to play GW1 again with ! Let me know if you play

W

Wonton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to level 80 on my Ele, found a good guild, got full exotic gear, ran dungeons, finished storyline, and maxed out 2 crafting professions and now I'm pretty much bored with the game. It was fun for a while because of the hype but it does start to get weary after a while.

My time played is about 150 hours so I'd say it was a worthy investment...I might go back to it but as of now I'm pretty bored of it and I'm busy playing Black Ops 2.

S

Semper Paradus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's alright the original is definitely better, but with people saying it gets stale, the only thing I can say is thank god for dlc

R

RebeccaHuff

Reaction score
Well, I have some experience with this game and it is really exciting to play and it a solid RPG games because you are going to have level so that you character become stronger and crafting is the easy way to get good items.

K

KillZacular

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hype was good, First Impression was great, but after playing for a while it became extremely stale.

There is pretty much no endgame, so after you put all the work of getting to 80 the game is the same and you don't feel "rewarded" for your work. Some people like being able to do everything like PvP from level 1, but I feel like you should work up to endgame stuff like in WoW. It got boring because I felt no "drive" to play it. It might just be because I love and have loved WoW, but that's my opinion on it, take it or leave it.

LOL sorry, but no.... NEVER EVER EVER EVER say that anything to do with leveling in WoW was done correctly. Leveling in GW2 is great, I haven't had as much fun leveling in a game since Rift. When you have multiple means of leveling and it doesn't feel like a grind, you have done your job correctly. As for the end game, I don't have any friends with it so I haven't touched the game in a long time. I love the idea of it being always available to me though since there is no subscription.

B

blckskippy

Reaction score
LOL sorry, but no.... NEVER EVER EVER EVER say that anything to do with leveling in WoW was done correctly. Leveling in GW2 is great, I haven't had as much fun leveling in a game since Rift. When you have multiple means of leveling and it doesn't feel like a grind, you have done your job correctly. As for the end game, I don't have any friends with it so I haven't touched the game in a long time. I love the idea of it being always available to me though since there is no subscription.
Honestly it all depends on what you were first introduced to leveling as, and your perspective on it. One of my first MMORPGs was RuneScape, and I played the heck out of it. Leveling in that game is an extreme grind so that's what I was exposed to as what leveling was. When I would achieve a level goal, it was such a feeling of fulfillment. That's why I think I find WoW's system nice because it's a grind, while maybe not as dull as RuneScape's, that leads into fulfillment and rewards in the end.

Leveling can indeed be fun, and is great when a game creates a leveling system that is. But in the end the feeling of fulfillment isn't quite the same if I didn't make a bit of sacrifice along the way, for me at least.

Besides, I find doing dungeons in WoW to be fun, especially with friends. Of course, if your friends don't play it then I understand that. For example, I play Xbox majorly because the majority of my friends are on there, and when that is so, paying for LIVE isn't such a big deal.

I don't think leveling should be a terribly boring, dull, or blatantly difficult process. I just think that there needs to be a bit of a struggle in there somewhere so in the end, you feel great that you made it all the way.

Anyways, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and opinion is such a great thing for existing because it allows for discussion. In other words, I respect your opinion and am glad it's allowed me to express my point of view on what exactly leveling means to me.

Top Bottom