What's new

[Guide] How to Jailbreak iPhone/iTouch on 3.1.2 using Redsn0w & BOOT LOGOS!!!

S

Schitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok in this guide I'm going to tell you how to jailbreak your 3.1.2 device.
This is untethered for all devices EXCEPT new iPhone 3gs and new iTouch's bought after Nov. 1, 2009

Things you will need:
-iPhone/iTouch (self-explanatory)
-USB cord
-Redsn0w 0.9beta3
-Your corresponding IPSW file for your device

-First download Redsn0w from this link:
Windows: http://iphwn.org/redsn0w-win_0.9beta3_gsfix.zip
Mac: http://iphwn.org/redsn0w-mac_0.9beta3_gsfix.zip

-Next find your IPSW file if you don't know where that is or what it is just download it from this link: iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

-Now that you have it all downloaded open up redsn0w, and run redsn0w.exe

-It will then ask you to locate your IPSW file, locate where you downloaded it to and select it.
-It will process to make sure it's a valid firmware.

-You then have a series of choices of what you want to do. You can then: Install Cydia, Verbose Boot, Custom Boot Logo, Custom Recovery Logo, or Already Pwned.

- Description of each:
-Cydia- Main thing to jailbreaking it's like the app store of jailbreaking you basically get everything you need here for free, how ever there are some you have to pay for.
-Verbose Boot- Displays exactly what your device is doing when it's booting up.
-Custom Boot Logo/Recovery Logo- Basically you can change what they look like to what you want and there is no other way found to do this. Get them here: Scarica Immagini Custom Boot per Pwnage Tool e WinPwn iSpazio – Notizie su iPhone Italiano, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch di Apple e recensioni AppStore.
-Already Pwned- This is an option if your already jailbroken, you can switch between boot logos and recovery logos without dealing with the whole process again.

-So what your going to want to do is check the Install Cydia box, and if you have Custom Boot Logos/Recovery Logos you can check that.

-Next turn off your device and connect it.

-Now it's gonna give you instructions as to how to put your device into Recovery Mode so just follow what it says on the screen. DO NOT CONFUSE WITH DFU MODE!

-Then it should be done! Just let it finish on your device. I don't recommend closing redsn0w or unplugging it from your computer but you can.

-Congrats! You just jailbroke your device!

This is my first guide tell me if it's good or bad and don't forget to Thanks!

Cheez

Cheez

I Got The Wizard Stick
Retired
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Don't know why this does not have any replies. I honestly hate BlackRa1n. Worst, most buggy Jailbreak ever. I like Redsn0w, more stable and you can choose boot logos.

T

That0n3Guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ahh, so this is basically the same as blackra1n?

Edit: Unrecognized firmware?

Edit #2: Never mind, beta doesn't even work with the iPod Touch 3G

S

Schitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Cheez said:
Don't know why this does not have any replies. I honestly hate BlackRa1n. Worst, most buggy Jailbreak ever. I like Redsn0w, more stable and you can choose boot logos.
yeah i was kinda wondering that too as its the only redsn0w one but ohh well

i H4CK Io said:
If i use this, will it delete all my stuff?
No it shouldn't delete anything if you go by what it says

A

andregandolff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a question whats the difference between this and blackrain? Does it mean i could shut it off and wont have to reboot like blackrain? Please explain

E

Emphasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I used blackra1n to rejailbreak mine once upgraded to 3.0, is there a way to use already pwned without redoing the whole process with redsn0w?

S

Schitz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
@andregandolff- It depends on what device you have, if you have a newer one it'll be tethered which means you have to run the program again when you reboot.

@Emphasis I'm not sure if you can or cannot sorry

Top Bottom
Login
Register