What's new

Question gta4 ps3 script.img? where and how to get it?

• Thread starter James wickham85
  • Start date
  • Views 2,456
J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
how do i get to the script.img on gta4 ps3? where do i go and what do i need"how do i get it?..ive looked everywhere! do i need an extraction program like the 360 has to get the script.img and script.network ..im stumped! i just want to edit my gta4 ps3 major distribution v11 and add the sco files that are missing!

Last edited:
ElectroDennis

ElectroDennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you're on CFW and have your game backed up on your HDD, and have the complete edition go to dev_hdd0/GAMES/(Your GTA4 Game region)/USDIR/IV/common/data/cdimages (where I put mine). Other version of the games not 100% sure, don't want to mislead you. Either way they will be in common/data/cdimages.

Alternatively if you're on OFW you need to get your regions most recent update.pkg and extract it, then you can access those files. Then you can make a backup.

J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
no im not on cfw :frown: but i would like to have a cfw ps3 :smile:"at a good price!'if anybodys looking to sell one at a good price SAY $130 to $200 call me at 9188140757 or mod my console fore me!"$200 IS MY spending limit"..ive looked in to doing it my self..i want to do it"but i dont want to do it"i know all about it the e3 flasher and firmware 3.55 and using a usb ect and that certain ps3 consoles can be down graded and not others!..but ok thanks i aprreciate your help"ill try to find this update.pkg to download"if i cant find it ill back..

Last edited:
J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
but just asking anyway! where do i get this update.pkg? do i get it from the ps3 dashboard and save it to usb? do i download from a website? not tryn to be a pest..is it a program?i just downloaded a program called ps3 package ripper 1.3! is this it?

ElectroDennis

ElectroDennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but just asking anyway! where do i get this update.pkg? do i get it from the ps3 dashboard and save it to usb? do i download from a website? not tryn to be a pest..is it a program?i just downloaded a program called ps3 package ripper 1.3! is this it?
You get it from any modding forum, they should have ypur region. If you don't want to go through the hassle of doing it yourself then you can download a backup and use ps3xport to extract everything and then make your edits to it and turn it back into a backup.

As for a jailbroken console I reccomend this guy, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link and what not, but I sent my console in and got it back before a week was up. Or you could just purchase a pre-jailbroken console.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/th...-and-sales-warranty-no-hidden-prices.1519008/

J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
ok thanks your help has been awsome! also anybody looking to do the same can now look at this post fore help! and thanks fore the link...you have a good day

ElectroDennis

ElectroDennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok thanks your help has been awsome! also anybody looking to do the same can now look at this post fore help! and thanks fore the link...you have a good day
No problem, and you too. If you have any problems with your update.pkg I will be more than glad to post my regions PKG here if it is the same as yours.

J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks! just>>sayn im saving my money fore a cfw ps3"studyng how its worked! ive been looking how to work filezilla and rebug tool box"without wifi and ethernet..my pc i got at a garage sale fore $15 doesnt have wifi in it and the ethernet has been destroyed..so its look like im gold still"i can still use a usb to transfer..its pretty advanced stuff>>

J

James wickham85

Reaction score
Sin$
i figured out how to open a backup using agui ps3 xport"am i using the wright program?! but i dont see the updates or the installed games"i see the saves!? yeah i do have the one you gave me"the update package i mean!...just curious>> hey would you please call me! i use a library pc because i dont have wifi at the house>> and communication would be faster and easier" ph:9188140757

Void_7

Void_7

Reaction score
Sin$
Finally i found what i was looking for, someone who actually took the time to give a response, not to me but still, the information is here, thanks.

Top Bottom
Login
Register