What's new

Discussion GTA V not going to be ISO moddable?

• Thread starter AK47xHugley
  • Start date
  • Views 5,188

Do you think Rock * did what I think they did?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AK47xHugley

AK47xHugley

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Now I know GTA V is not out yet so we won't know till then but....
I know for a fact that ISO modding will not happen if my assumptions are correct..
So by doing the 2 disk thing Rock * will make modding only happen on jtag's/RGH's since what they probably did...
Was put all of the important stuff (scripts/models/map files/ect) in a LIVE file that will be installed via the first disk...
And then just having stuff that there would be no point in editing like (sounds/textures/animations/ect) and well the obvious xex's on disk 2.

So who all agrees with me on this? Do you think this is what they did or is it just textures on disk one?
Tell me what you guys think.
And should more companies do this to stop ISO modding? I think they should.

butterbean

butterbean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if so i think someone will work there way round it not that i want them to tho

M

M A R K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA IV didn't have checks when you loaded the game to check if the files were signed, obviously on the newer one will be XDG3 and have checks so you won't be able to run the unsigned content on a retail xbox.

AK47xHugley

AK47xHugley

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ano but you said '' will not happen if my assumptions are correct '' meaning your not 100% percent :wink: so it could still happen

Yes but if Rock *does do it then it would be the end to ISO modding... with no way around it...

AK47xHugley

AK47xHugley

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA IV didn't have checks when you loaded the game to check if the files were signed, obviously on the newer one will be XDG3 and have checks so you won't be able to run the unsigned content on a retail xbox.

That is only partly true... you could never run unsigned content in IV... the only files signed are the XEX's...
And the game does not check(with some exceptions) to see if the files are signed... only the xbox360 does and if the XEX is not signed it won't play.

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
We'll need to wait and see, I wish people would stop talking about stuff they know nothing about. None of us know yet.

AK47xHugley

AK47xHugley

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
We'll need to wait and see, I wish people would stop talking about stuff they know nothing about. None of us know yet.

I agree, but it would be nice if this is the case...
That way the modding can stay offline.
Only 7 days till we see if I am right.

Facts

NaSty_

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Rockstar saw what happened to IV. I really don't think it'll be ISO moddable.

M

M A R K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is only partly true... you could never run unsigned content in IV... the only files signed are the XEX's...
And the game does not check(with some exceptions) to see if the files are signed... only the xbox360 does and if the XEX is not signed it won't play.
Well my knowledge of this stuff is a little rusty, but there hasn't been an XDG3 game that you can ISO mod yet, and I'm imagining that GTA V will be XDG3...

Flash

Flash

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hope that ISO modding is impossible "at least for online" :biggrin:

ap ii intense

ap ii intense

Crescent Fresh
Modder Platinum Record Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
I know for a fact that ISO modding will not happen if my assumptions are correct..
So by doing the 2 disk thing Rock * will make modding only happen on jtag's/RGH's since what they probably did...
Was put all of the important stuff (scripts/models/map files/ect) in a LIVE file that will be installed via the first disk...
And then just having stuff that there would be no point in editing like (sounds/textures/animations/ect) and well the obvious xex's on disk 2.

So who all agrees with me on this? Do you think this is what they did or is it just textures on disk one?

All you would have to do is edit disk one and then reinstall it but It will most likely have md5/sha1 checks so there no point unless you have a console that can run unsigned code.

Facts

NaSty_

Contributor
Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i sure hope so... GTA IV got old with all of the modders online.

IV got old because attention deprived 15 year olds gained access to freeze cars, burn all, attach to all etc. If all modders would use mods to make the game more enjoyable, mods wouldn't get such a bad rep on that game.

J

JacksThings

"Valar Morghulis"
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope gta v never gets modded. Even if it's "good mods", because good always turns to bad...

AK47xHugley

AK47xHugley

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
All you would have to do is edit disk one and then reinstall it but It will most likely have md5/sha1 checks so there no point unless you have a console that can run unsigned code.

Since it would be a LIVE file (which we can't sign for retail) it would be pointless to even edit DVD 1 and after it got installed it would show up as corrupted on a retail system...
So just editing it would not work...

ap ii intense

ap ii intense

Crescent Fresh
Modder Platinum Record Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
Since it would be a LIVE file (which we can't sign for retail) it would be pointless to even edit DVD 1 and after it got installed it would show up as corrupted on a retail system...
So just editing it would not work...

It depends on rockstar's file setup we won't know until it get leaked.

Keysnsamples

Keysnsamples

Stuff n Thangs
Retired
Fabled Veteran Greeter Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$

Why can't you install both discs just like any other game? O.o

Top Bottom
Login
Register