• Start date
  • Views 4,441
TheGoon

TheGoon

Windy City Assassin
Legendary Veteran Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
This topic is for discussion of HUD elements mentioned in previews and posting your own take on the HUD.

Radar/mini-map is rectangular and resembles a 3D GPS display
3 bars for health, armor, and special ability under the radar
5 stars not 6
Character switch is similar to "weapon wheel" accessed with "down" button: left=Michael, up=Franklin, right=Trevor, down=online avatar
Onscreen, there's an altimeter, giving us an idea of elevation, and three bars in the corner: green, blue and yellow. These are for your health, body armour and 'specials'.
Each of the three characters also has a unique special move, use of which is limited by a meter under the minimap.
While swimming, sharks are marked on the radar, which has also been overhauled. The view of the land is flatter, much closer to an in-car GPS system, with three coloured meters beneath for health, body armour, and special moves

fake-gta-v-hud-displays-by-aditya-kulkarni.jpg

I also saw a fan make one of their own versions (I like it a lot) -
SJqyeZx.jpg

TheGoon

TheGoon

Windy City Assassin
Legendary Veteran Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I've not bothered to look up any information on GTA, all i've seen is the trailers, trying to leave it as a surprise. I like how you'll be able to switch between the main characters.

Yes the story mode is going to be insane!

Pyua

Pyua

Getting There
Frame In Gold Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Personally hoping for an improvement on last time, GTA IV just didn't do it for me. Vice City is still my favourite out of the series.

Yeah the HUD in IV was rather dull to say the least but I like the one in the above picture it stands out with more colour and vibrancy, as for Vice City you're right it was the best I've seen so far.

Corrupt Charge

Vero

Enthusiast
Greeter
Reaction score
Sin$
Damn it, I hate being late to reply to V threads. :frown: The new HUD HAS to look stunning. I don't want to have to depend on the community for a HUD texture mod just to enjoy my experience playing.

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks Good.Hopefully it would be just like this.Nice Job on this Goon.

Top Bottom
Login
Register