Solved GTA V has stopped working

Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Scaling the Mountain CotM Modder
Reaction score
Sin$
This didn't happen till the recent update. Nothing can be wrong with my files as today I just completely deleted GTA V from my PC and reinstalled it about an hour ago. It crashes on loading screen if I load either story or online.

UGdtLmG.jpg

I thought it was because I deleted a mod menu, but that clearly isn't the reason as this is a fresh install of GTA V which is why this is not in the modding support section. Also, it still signs me into social club in top right when GTA V is loading up so that is also not an issue.

I've tried searching on google, but could only find the "GTA V launcher stopped working" which was caused on release date.

Arxhive

Arxhive

NØISEWΛVE
Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This didn't happen till the recent update. Nothing can be wrong with my files as today I just completely deleted GTA V from my PC and reinstalled it about an hour ago. It crashes on loading screen if I load either story or online.

UGdtLmG.jpg

I thought it was because I deleted a mod menu, but that clearly isn't the reason as this is a fresh install of GTA V which is why this is not in the modding support section. Also, it still signs me into social club in top right when GTA V is loading up so that is also not an issue.

I've tried searching on google, but could only find the "GTA V launcher stopped working" which was caused on release date.
Any error message? Have you made sure you have up-to-date display drivers and .NET framework/ C++ redis 2015? You might have to do a fresh reinstall of all of thise. 
Dini Dini a few friends of mine are having your same exact issue after the latest update. It could just be a major ****up on r*'s end.

Upvote 0
A

Axypa

Reaction score
Sin$
Exact same problem. Though I've been messing with the new ScriptHookV and this happened to be my third ban. Tried verifying game cache and reinstalling the game to no avail. Have sent a message to support to see whether I got a temporary ban or perhaps they got tired of me giving everyone the money loop they deserved.

Upvote 0
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Exact same problem. Though I've been messing with the new ScriptHookV and this happened to be my third ban. Tried verifying game cache and reinstalling the game to no avail. Have sent a message to support to see whether I got a temporary ban or perhaps they got tired of me giving everyone the money loop they deserved.
Exact same for me man. There is no way they would do this just to keep us off the game, I mean at least let us play Single Player. I am hoping it's just a patch issue and that they will fix it soon.

Upvote 0
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, so you're perma banned... you won't be able to go online or SP.
That doesn't make sense at all. It did not say anything about permanent in the email they sent, also you will still be able to play single player if you are perma'd.

Upvote 0
X

Xray25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That doesn't make sense at all. It did not say anything about permanent in the email they sent, also you will still be able to play single player if you are perma'd.

I can't posting link here - many people have got the permanent ban and yet they not able to accessing the SP mode.

And it won't saying if you getting perma ban in any email.

Just looking at this video (or more listen) :

Upvote 0
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I can't posting link here - many people have got the permanent ban and yet they not able to accessing the SP mode.

And it won't saying if you getting perma ban in any email.

Just looking at this video (or more listen) :

From the video "if you are banned on steam then it will also ban you from story mode". I do not have any vacs on my account.

Upvote 0
X

Xray25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
From the video "if you are banned on steam then it will also ban you from story mode". I do not have any vacs on my account.

Yeah sadly I not knowing what vacs meaning, but, I do knowing that it not matter Steam or Social Clubbing version, you still can't accessing even the SP mode.
You would need to download a crack (3DM I think, or RLD?) and that will allow you to play in SP again, I think.,

Upvote 0
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah sadly I not knowing what vacs meaning, but, I do knowing that it not matter Steam or Social Clubbing version, you still can't accessing even the SP mode.
Vacs are "steam bans" which the Rockstar guy in the video mentioned. So, basically I should still be able to go into story mode as I am not banned on steam.

Upvote 0
X

Xray25

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Vacs are "steam bans" which the Rockstar guy in the video mentioned. So, basically I should still be able to go into story mode as I am not banned on steam.

Yes, but the ban apply to people in Steam or SC version.
It may not say that in the video, but this is 100% truth.

Upvote 0
Dini

Dini

merged
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes, but the ban apply to people in Steam or SC version.
It may not say that in the video, but this is 100% truth.
So do you know how I would go about signing out of my social club to sign into a new one?

Edit: Never mind. It does not matter if you sign into a new account as you have to repurchase the game on that new account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register