What's new

Solved gta v Freezeing problem

Brezerk

Brezerk

Reaction score
when i load up gta on the loading screen it doesn't say loading story or online its just blank i tried waiting their but nothing seems to happen please help :frown:

JONNY0

JONNY0

GTA V / RL
Retired
A Milli Beginning of An Odyssey Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Try hard resetting your console and make sure your game disk doesn't have any scratches on it and is clean. Once you have done that try again.

Jacob Frye

Jacob Frye

Broseph
Retired
Reaction score
Many people are having this issue. Try unplugging everything, and turning of your console. Leave it off for a couple minutes. If you have a cd follow JONNY0's steps, and if you have the game downloaded digitally. Try closing it, and opening it again.

LittleKitten 2

LittleKitten 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
omg, so many possible problems. this on PC? are you overclocking your GPU? is your system thermal throttling (bad ventilation, running little hot causing hardware to run slower than designed to not overheat). are you using a hardrive, is its 3.5inch or 2.5inch, or SSD is it sata(3 or otherwise) or is it NVMe based or PCI based. or running it from USB drive? i ask because it can very well be driver based if your storage volume has a bad driver it could cause failure. you have to list everything basically.. platform, scenario, setup, and what you have tried thus far and has failed or shown signs of working.

i found if overclock my R9-270X at all, even smallest bit GTA doesn't like it, not sure why, i been able to grab an extra 150MHz on the core and extra 500MHz on the memory without overvolting and its very stable on furmark and other benchmarks in 1440P and 4K tests (DX11 and 12) but GTA will get stuck at black screen or instantly kill proccess and ask if i wish to start up in safe mode.

its same when i run my PC and the temps start pushing 75C (R9-270X is a space heater in a closed case, even with fans)

Brezerk

Brezerk

Reaction score
omg, so many possible problems. this on PC? are you overclocking your GPU? is your system thermal throttling (bad ventilation, running little hot causing hardware to run slower than designed to not overheat). are you using a hardrive, is its 3.5inch or 2.5inch, or SSD is it sata(3 or otherwise) or is it NVMe based or PCI based. or running it from USB drive? i ask because it can very well be driver based if your storage volume has a bad driver it could cause failure. you have to list everything basically.. platform, scenario, setup, and what you have tried thus far and has failed or shown signs of working.

i found if overclock my R9-270X at all, even smallest bit GTA doesn't like it, not sure why, i been able to grab an extra 150MHz on the core and extra 500MHz on the memory without overvolting and its very stable on furmark and other benchmarks in 1440P and 4K tests (DX11 and 12) but GTA will get stuck at black screen or instantly kill proccess and ask if i wish to start up in safe mode.

its same when i run my PC and the temps start pushing 75C (R9-270X is a space heater in a closed case, even with fans)
No it's not its on xbox 
Many people are having this issue. Try unplugging everything, and turning of your console. Leave it off for a couple minutes. If you have a cd follow JONNY0's steps, and if you have the game downloaded digitally. Try closing it, and opening it again.
I tried that already and still nothing

Top Bottom