• Views 445
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Lately I've been experiencing a game breaking issue with my GTA V. The game is super laggy. I don't mean like Internet speed laggy, I mean laggy like my Xbox is running out of RAM. I have a video uploading now, it's going to take a bit.

I am on a newest Preview dashboard if that helps. I have tried unplugging my Xbox and restarting it and still have the same issues. I think this only is happening with GTA V.

Video On OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkBmtgY4ycC-hnHaIVltAfdLc08c

Last edited:
Resonance

Resonance

The Sound Guy
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lately I've been experiencing a game breaking issue with my GTA V. The game is super laggy. I don't mean like Internet speed laggy, I mean laggy like my Xbox is running out of RAM. I have a video uploading now, it's going to take a bit.

I am on a newest Preview dashboard if that helps. I have tried unplugging my Xbox and restarting it and still have the same issues. I think this only is happening with GTA V.

Video On OneDrive:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkBmtgY4ycC-hnHaIVltAfdLc08c

Wow...That's alot of lag. I got confused with whether it was the video buffering. I'm unfortunately on PS4 so I'm not too sure what could be affecting it. Do you have a digital copy or is it a disc? I don't know if you can have multiple users on X-box but maybe try that if it's possible?

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Wow...That's alot of lag. I got confused with whether it was the video buffering. I'm unfortunately on PS4 so I'm not too sure what could be affecting it. Do you have a digital copy or is it a disc? I don't know if you can have multiple users on X-box but maybe try that if it's possible?
It is a disc and the disc is flawless. Not a single scratch at all lol. And no I'm the only user on my Xbox.

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I do believe I know the issue, although I'll be p*ssed if this is the issue. I noticed my Xbox was really hot around the time the lagging started occurring. The fan inside is working just fine and my house was only like 75 degrees, so I'm not quite sure why it was overheating.

This makes sense though because the fan on my graphics card broke on my computer, so I literally have a house hold fan blowing into my computer to keep it cool. If I don't then my computer gets really laggy until I shuts itself off.

Upvote 0
Videogamedingus

Videogamedingus

aesthetic
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I do believe I know the issue, although I'll be p*ssed if this is the issue. I noticed my Xbox was really hot around the time the lagging started occurring. The fan inside is working just fine and my house was only like 75 degrees, so I'm not quite sure why it was overheating.

This makes sense though because the fan on my graphics card broke on my computer, so I literally have a house hold fan blowing into my computer to keep it cool. If I don't then my computer gets really laggy until I shuts itself off.
That does make sense. From my experience it seems like the hardware is chugging along, trying to load something it can't. Maybe you should send it in?

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That does make sense. From my experience it seems like the hardware is chugging along, trying to load something it can't. Maybe you should send it in?
If it keeps acting up then I might. Or just bring it back to Gamestop although they might tell me to send it to Xbox.

Upvote 0
kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on the latest update too and I have noticed GTA being REALLY LAGGY, but I asked my friend who isnt on the latest updates and he said his game is laggy

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on the latest update too and I have noticed GTA being REALLY LAGGY, but I asked my friend who isnt on the latest updates and he said his game is laggy
Must be GTA or something. Because my console is normal temperature right now and it started lagging badly about a half hour ago.

Upvote 0

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah i stopped playing Jets vs RPGs just before/after the F&F update.

It was so laggy there was no point in shooting rockets after teleporting jets. WHILE getting killed lmao

And things still are laggy. And weird.
I have 2 clone ammunation guys half the time i walk into the store.

Survival NPC's walking around with Miniguns.

Traffic is much more aggressive and unpredictable.

Same goes for 99% of the NPC's.

Upvote 0
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Bright Idea Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Digital, have you opened a ticket up with Rockstar? Might be a problem on their end.

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It does, but it is worth a shot in the meantime. :smile:
Yea I'll try now. It's becoming to the point where the game in unplayable. It's lags everywhere. In my garage, in LS Customs, driving down the road and even the pause menu. I believe it's just GTA V that's lagging. Wonder if it's a hardware issue between the Preview dashboard and GTA V because my game has never lagged like this before.

Upvote 0
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Yea I'll try now. It's becoming to the point where the game in unplayable. It's lags everywhere. In my garage, in LS Customs, driving down the road and even the pause menu. I believe it's just GTA V that's lagging. Wonder if it's a hardware issue between the Preview dashboard and GTA V because my game has never lagged like this before.
Hmm, very odd. Never had this myself so I couldn't say anything on how to fix. Well, other than, have you un-istalled it and re-installed it again?

Upvote 0
kill1uk

kill1uk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like i said im also on the preview program and I have been lagging badly, but not as much today

Upvote 0
Mr Elixor

Mr Elixor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the exact same issues as you. In on Xbox one and also have the latest preview dashboard.

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm having the exact same issues as you. In on Xbox one and also have the latest preview dashboard.
Alright then it's got to be something with the latest preview update and it's p*ssing me off. All I want to do is play GTA V and it's unplayable with that much lag. I got dominated by someone in a Buzzard earlier because the lag wasn't letting me Homing Launcher lock on.

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Closing this, I have came to conclusion myself that the lagging is being caused by the preview dashboard. The troubleshooting that Rockstar gave me are all things I've already tried.

Upvote 0
Gardzz

Gardzz

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Closing this, I have came to conclusion myself that the lagging is being caused by the preview dashboard. The troubleshooting that Rockstar gave me are all things I've already tried.
If you are locking this, I will go ahead and move it to the archive.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register