• Thread starter kah_gg
  • Start date
  • Views 24,275
kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lets be honest, the only people who aren't tired of their product getting blown up or killed by some random person with a modded outfit are the people doing it. I spend hours grinding GTA filling my businesses up to make some legit money on top of my duped money and it seems as though the days of grinding without issues with other players are far behind us, more and more I find myself having to quit the GTA app to avoid losing my product due to people on oppressors or in hydras who for no reason feel the need to attack my hard work just because they can.

Tactics of a try hard:
- easy way out
- only fight with explosives
- start the fight by using weaponized vehicles

I know so many people are tired of this, but who am I kidding Rockstar loves these kinds of players because these are the players who contribute to shark cards, by buying them themselves OR the more depressing way which is when players who grind give up and buy shark cards after having there product destroyed so many times. some people will argue "but the game says to destroy product" just like my mom used to say years ago "if your friend told you to jump off of a bridge would you" people just can't help themselves, it's that little voice in their head convincing them it's okay to do that. People have crews for "grinders" but still these kinds of players find their way in. Yes sometimes it's fun to fight our friends, that's just it they're your friends. the random sweaty k/d warriors in lobbies are not your friends and they won't stop bothering you until they get bored. you can't find a new lobby because every lobby has 4-5 of these players normally working together. What options do people have to get away from these players? The answer is not many, which is worrisome for the player base of GTA Online. Not just the grinders but the average player who doesn't spend hours and hours everyday making money. Average players will stop playing because of these kinds of players which will ultimately be the downfall of any video game, new players getting turned off to a game. I'm sure someone will see these and tell me to "just get better" the thing is I am better it's just draining having so many gunfights constantly when that's not why I play the game. taking 20 minutes to fight some sweaty kid who is upset because he picked the wrong fight with someone who is selling product has become a constant in GTA. I'm tired of it, aren't you?

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well put, and i can personally identify with what you're saying. I like to do my glitching for the most part hang out by myself or with a couple random friends in lobby. I find a lot of these try-hards also tend to be the same ones that like to shoot you at the end of a job. This is where I find most of them since I don't hang out much in Freemode nor do a lot of free mode work/sales. It does get frustrating, I found myself destroying other people's stuff just because I was in there right place at the right time. Sometimes I felt bad, but it's usually over the the new packages.
One day I created character and I noticed when I earned a trophy on the PlayStation 4 for reaching rank 25. The trophy said it was a rare trophy with a low 30%. With that being said, that tells me that out of everybody who is ever played on GTA on PS4, only roughly 1/4 of people have ranked past rank 25. That is a huge revolving door of First Time Players quitting forever.

I'm definitely curious to see where this conversation leads, since a lot of the people you refer to are fellow Sinners

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well put, and i can personally identify with what you're saying. I like to do my glitching for the most part hang out by myself or with a couple random friends in lobby. I find a lot of these try-hards also tend to be the same ones that like to shoot you at the end of a job. This is where I find most of them since I don't hang out much in Freemode nor do a lot of free mode work/sales. It does get frustrating, I found myself destroying other people's stuff just because I was in there right place at the right time. Sometimes I felt bad, but it's usually over the the new packages.
One day I created character and I noticed when I earned a trophy on the PlayStation 4 for reaching rank 25. The trophy said it was a rare trophy with a low 30%. With that being said, that tells me that out of everybody who is ever played on GTA on PS4, only roughly 1/4 of people have ranked past rank 25. That is a huge revolving door of First Time Players quitting forever.

I'm definitely curious to see where this conversation leads, since a lot of the people you refer to are fellow Sinners

as do I, but being in a private match or a small public session can get very boring and normally leads to me needing a break due to feeling burned out of GTA. Another issue of this is how many votes it can take to have a player like this kicked from a game, it almost never happens. Just the other day I was selling a full bunker with the monster trucks in a lobby with 29 people and a low level was on an oppressor mkll and he destroyed the product my friend was delivering. I invited him to my party and said some words which I won't post here his words were "I'm sorry I did not know players had to spend so much time to get product to sell nor did I know it took away from your money" level 37 and because of how GTA is this player could have ruined 8+ hours of work all bc he didn't know any better

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
as do I, but being in a private match or a small public session can get very boring and normally leads to me needing a break due to feeling burned out of GTA. Another issue of this is how many votes it can take to have a player like this kicked from a game, it almost never happens. Just the other day I was selling a full bunker with the monster trucks in a lobby with 29 people and a low level was on an oppressor mkll and he destroyed the product my friend was delivering. I invited him to my party and said some words which I won't post here his words were "I'm sorry I did not know players had to spend so much time to get product to sell nor did I know it took away from your money" level 37 and because of how GTA is this player could have ruined 8+ hours of work all bc he didn't know any better

Exactly, he hasn't played the game long enough to build up enough money to be able to have the same worries as you do. All he knows is what the screen is telling him every time product is being shipped around the map. Which is Go destroy it to earn money in RP. Then you get the other side of the spectrum, be aware that same player will blow up everybody's shipments, and person cars, not knowing anything about a bad sport Lobby. and as a new time player will get discouraged after being sent to a bad sport Lobby for doing what they were told to on screen. I believe Rockstar thrives on what I refer to as the "chaos theory".
Everything is design around nickel-and-diming you out of your money. Whether it be a try-hard destroying a shipment, and NPC running in front of you with their car, standard day today maintenance fees.

If you go back and look through their patch notes, I really long time ago, they actually did try and do something for the try-hard respawn killers. I noticed in one of their patch notes that they made spawning a little bit further from the place you died to avoid this. It gives the player a chance to either leave the situation, or go back for more.
They also added a short delay of invincibility right after you respawn. But as soon as you are active on your character, that delay of invincibility is shortened

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Exactly, he hasn't played the game long enough to build up enough money to be able to have the same worries as you do. All he knows is what the screen is telling him every time product is being shipped around the map. Which is Go destroy it to earn money in RP. Then you get the other side of the spectrum, be aware that same player will blow up everybody's shipments, and person cars, not knowing anything about a bad sport Lobby. and as a new time player will get discouraged after being sent to a bad sport Lobby for doing what they were told to on screen. I believe Rockstar thrives on what I refer to as the "chaos theory".
Everything is design around nickel-and-diming you out of your money. Whether it be a try-hard destroying a shipment, and NPC running in front of you with their car, standard day today maintenance fees.

If you go back and look through their patch notes, I really long time ago, they actually did try and do something for the try-hard respawn killers. I noticed in one of their patch notes that they made spawning a little bit further from the place you died to avoid this. It gives the player a chance to either leave the situation, or go back for more.
They also added a short delay of invincibility right after you respawn. But as soon as you are active on your character, that delay of invincibility is shortened

spot on. man o man if could count the amount of times an NPC has went out of their way to mess my day up I would own Rockstar.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
spot on. man o man if could count the amount of times an NPC has went out of their way to mess my day up I would own Rockstar.
I believe Rockstar has an algorithm, the longer you drive without crashing, the more aggressive the NPCs become trying to get you to wreck. I believe this is all because of the no claims award

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe Rockstar has an algorithm, the longer you drive without crashing, the more aggressive the NPCs become trying to get you to wreck. I believe this is all because of the note claims award

most likely, GTA has so many things in it that make it hard to succeed. I'm not sure if that's on purpose to the extent it is now but here we are. Try hards and griefers are online's biggest problem for sure, Rockstar if they really cared would have a system

- select lobby type (pvp, jobs, freemode jobs, casual play)
- player joins one of job playlist options, kills players/destroys product
- player autokicked to pvp
- 3 strikes and you receive a 30 day ban from freemode jobs
they have dupe detection, why not a better bad sport detection?

Last edited:
EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
most likely, GTA has so many things in it that make it hard to succeed. I'm not sure if that's on purpose to the extent it is now but here we are. Try hards and griefers are online's biggest problem for sure, Rockstar if they really cared would have a system

- select lobby type (pvp, jobs, freemode jobs, casual play)
- player joins one of job playlist options, kills players/destroys product
- player autokicked to pvp
- 3 strikes and you receive a 30 day ban from freemode jobs
they have dupe detection, why not a better bad sport detection?
Many people enjoy the run-n-gun in freemode. The sad part is is they don't just stick to others that enjoy it too, they find anybody in their path

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Many people enjoy the run-n-gun in freemode. The sad part is is they don't just stick to others that enjoy it too, they find anybody in their path

(edit: the fact that if i wear certain clothing online players think it’s an invite to fight is a problem) exactly, which is why i think a free mode with jobs disabled minus maybe deathmatches and anything goes in it would be idle bc it would promote fighting other players so when those players wanted to earn money in free mode they would not fight others doing the same. think of it as minecraft servers, gta style. i truly think that would be a good solution and gta has a big enough playerbase it could support that and justify those additions to stock holders if needed

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
(edit: the fact that if i wear certain clothing online players think it’s an invite to fight is a problem) exactly, which is why i think a free mode with jobs disabled minus maybe deathmatches and anything goes in it would be idle bc it would promote fighting other players so when those players wanted to earn money in free mode they would not fight others doing the same. think of it as minecraft servers, gta style. i truly think that would be a good solution and gta has a big enough playerbase it could support that and justify those additions to stock holders if needed
Spam their request page or email them daily until their response. The concept is in a bad concept, but you would have to talk to them directly about it. There's always options suggest things to Rockstar. Look at the role playing community so, they got Rockstar on board with what they're doing, and Rockstar decided to help accommodate through update since

Last edited:
S

schitzotm

Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well... hmm
I dont know what you guys are talking about.
I start up any ceo sell mission and its like Im the only person in the lobby.
Even doing piracy prevention I am just standing on the yacht all by myself. Not one person even comes near me.
If I drive by someone and I am getting supplies they simply go passive before I turn the corner. Even jets fly away from me.

When I finish I put my deluxo on top of another players truck full of supplies and give protection.
Nobody even gets near.
But then again I think people have learned my gamer tag. And when someone would blow my stuff up I simply begin spawn killing them until they leave or go passive. If they go passive I wait it out and the second they register as ceo I spawn kill them til they close the app. But I dont just go after them, I go after anyone they were hanging out with as well. Then I start killing those that were bothering other player but not me. Until they all leave. But then again something is wrong with my account and I cant be kicked or sent back to bad sport.
OP, if you are on xbox pm your gt. I’ll friend you. Just dont get all weird that the crew im in is rockstar.

EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab

Banned
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Well... hmm
Even doing piracy prevention I am just standing on the yacht all by myself. Not one person even comes near me.
If I drive by someone and I am getting supplies they simply go passive before I turn the corner. Even jets fly away from me.

When I finish I put my deluxo on top of another players truck full of supplies and give protection.
Nobody even gets near.
But then again I think people have learned my gamer tag. And when someone would blow my stuff up I simply begin spawn killing them until they leave or go passive. If they go passive I wait it out and the second they register as ceo I spawn kill them til they close the app. But I dont just go after them, I go after anyone they were hanging out with as well. Then I start killing those that were bothering other player but not me. Until they all leave. But then again something is wrong with my account and I cant be kicked or sent back to bad sport.
OP, if you are on xbox pm your gt. I’ll friend you. Just dont get all weird that the crew im in is rockstar.
I often find myself entering a lobby and looking for trolls. If i nnotice one is being a pain, i like to go distract them by giving them a fair fight.
I do hate the ones that sneak up on you when your conducting business, so ill do the same and pick some randoms to protect.
Ive been randomly kicked from private crew public lobbies because of my stats and rank alone. There are alot of times i i al notice they come for me over braggin rights because of my stats, simply cuz im the highest rank in lobby. I call most out as it happens, and some reply nothing personal, youre just a number.
I also see lobbies that are scared to get anywhere near me lol

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone doesnt like to get their product destroyed they should not sell in a full lobby. I used to do it when i needed XP but now i dont care anymore. Im old school. I like to run and gun and always use snacks instead of EWO in mid fight. Ppl moan too much about how others play. No one can dictate how one play. The game was designed like this.
However i do agree on the K/D system. Its the most stupid K/D system ever. Devs talk alot about ”fair and balanced gameplay” but the way K/D works is far from fair. How is it fair that a kill should go me when the opponent EWOs mid fight? And without a dent to his K/D. Bad game design. Nothing else.

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If anyone doesnt like to get their product destroyed they should not sell in a full lobby. I used to do it when i needed XP but now i dont care anymore. Im old school. I like to run and gun and always use snacks instead of EWO in mid fight. Ppl moan too much about how others play. No one can dictate how one play. The game was designed like this.
However i do agree on the K/D system. Its the most stupid K/D system ever. Devs talk alot about ”fair and balanced gameplay” but the way K/D works is far from fair. How is it fair that a kill should go me when the opponent EWOs mid fight? And without a dent to his K/D. Bad game design. Nothing else.

i’ll agree with that other than the fact that we don’t get a choice to sell unless its a public lobby and they offer a big bonus which lets be real everyone could use bc the in game economy sucks i’ll take 1.3m over 1m for a full bunker any day, but thats me being a lil greedy if we had the option to sell in private matches i would have no issue with people trying to grief in public bc there is another legit choice rather than splitting the lobby

Well... hmm

Nobody even gets near.

it also doesn’t help i’m a high k/d target in lobbies, like you i protect players which is how it got so high. i just don’t think people should be going out of their way to harrass people who just want money

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i’ll agree with that other than the fact that we don’t get a choice to sell unless its a public lobby and they offer a big bonus which lets be real everyone could use bc the in game economy sucks i’ll take 1.3m over 1m for a full bunker any day, but thats me being a lil greedy if we had the option to sell in private matches i would have no issue with people trying to grief in public bc there is another legit choice rather than splitting the lobby

That bonus is not ”free money” it is given specifically to player who manage to sell in a populated lobby who is not given a free passage.
And its not even that hard to find a pretty empty lobby or atleast a calm lobby.

I already did my 20 mil in CEO to get the office clutter. I did all the cargo and sell missions in populated lobbies. It is way more fun with a challenge anyway.

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That bonus is not ”free money” it is given specifically to player who manage to sell in a populated lobby who is not given a free passage.
And its not even that hard to find a pretty empty lobby or atleast a calm lobby.

I already did my 20 mil in CEO to get the office clutter. I did all the cargo and sell missions in populated lobbies. It is way more fun with a challenge anyway.

it might as well be free money, i just don’t take the time to find a calm full lobby bc it takes awhile and normally i have to wait a week to sell my full businesses anyway bc i can’t get help to sell. you might think it makes sense for it to be the way it is, but i was just afk in my terabyte for a few bc i beat the cool down timer by 5 minutes and came back to it blown up and me getting killed be a level 564, who when i faught back started to passive pop and ewo like the rest of the scrubs who RnG random people minding their own businesses his k/d was literally 827.23 and thats not a joke i looked these are the kind of kids i run into, i don’t run into the high skilled players you fight by chance bc like eyedadub said up there sometimes youre in the right place, right time. i run into people who will seek you out bc they are bored and then message you “1-0“ or “leave my lobby” and will not stop bothering you until you do. i’m sick of it. this is what gta online is now and its pathetic. you wanna know how c*cksucking people like this have to win? explosives. it’s a joke and in most cases ruins a gaming session

Activexre

Activexre

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree f* made some stupid decisions regarding how K/D and passivemode works. Its actually mind bending. Doesnt make any sense.

kah_gg

kah_gg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree f* made some stupid decisions regarding how K/D and passivemode works. Its actually mind bending. Doesnt make any sense.

thought I replied to this, sorry. yes oh yes they did passive is the death steak of GTA, only passive annoys me much more than little Timmy using painkiller on mw2

Vegeta

Vegeta

宇宙のマスター
Super Moderators
VIP
MotM Trifecta Diamonds Are Forever
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the game is dead. Its too hard and tedious for new players, too repetitive and boring for old players.

Skepta

Skepta

Go on then, Go on then
VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2017 Platinum Record Scaling the Mountain
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I miss the days you could party in the strip club and just chill with everyone

Top Bottom
Login