What's new

Discussion GTA: TBOGT hotswapping- no storage device found PLZ HELP!

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It worked before but it's not now. When I go to put my modded cd in and then go to install it comes up saying NO STORAGE DEVICE FOUND. I looked into it and this comes up when your hard drive is no connected. I think it is connected though b/c all my gamertage and game history/ info appears. What is going on???? Can someone help?
Thanks in advance.:smile:

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have no clue what your two suggestions mean. can you explain plz? I don't know what format and cache mean.

Degree

Degree

T R A P S O U L
Retired
MotM Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Cache is all the updates. Formating is to wipe the drive clean. Both of these you can do from your Xbox.

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
What updates do I look for? Where abouts? In system settings? To wipe the drive clean do I go to my xbox then go to memory and delete all my games/ gamertage?

okay so I cleared my cache and it still does not work..:frown: I'll try formating it.

okay so I cleared my cache and it still does not work.. I'll try formating it.

Degree

Degree

T R A P S O U L
Retired
MotM Fabled Veteran Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
What updates do I look for? Where abouts? In system settings? To wipe the drive clean do I go to my xbox then go to memory and delete all my games/ gamertage?

okay so I cleared my cache and it still does not work..:frown: I'll try formating it.

okay so I cleared my cache and it still does not work.. I'll try formating it.

Make sure to back up the stuff you do want, or you will have to redownload it or recover it.

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
ya so none of those worked. I had to recover everything and I even did all the updates. This is really pissing me off. What is going on?

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
btw I did fix this, a few hours ago. Now I'm a modder.:smile:

Pyua

cxrl

Getting There
Frame In Gold Hardened Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
noooooo dont format or clear cache i had the same problem its the disc ur using u need to make sure that you are using DVD+R DUAL LAYER 8.7gb then it will work + make sure your burning right

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
The disc is from me, so it is burnt correctly.

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya so it's not fixed I was wrong. Here is a video of what I'm doing. So you all can see if I'm doing something right/wrong.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You after inserting the game, and going down to "Install game", you spent well over a minute f*cking about, that drive had long since stopped reading that disc. I told you, you have to be quick.

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
okay so I have to wait until it says game details, that takes a sec, I press y really fast. The second I press y I switch it over in under 3 secs. I called over a buddy who help me, so we did it really fast and still I have the same issue.

X

xOGxL3gendZz

Reaction score
Sin$
okay so I have to wait until it says game details, that takes a sec, I press y really fast. The second I press y I switch it over in under 3 secs. I called over a buddy who help me, so we did it really fast and still I have the same issue.
Just unplug your Hdd put the plastic thing that holds it then plug it back in that way your are sure it is correctly pluged, in my friend had the same problem and that wrkd for him.... btw its coz the hdd wasnt pluged in properly :smile:

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone else have any other suggestions? How do I know if my hard drive is good? After I put in the mod disc in it makes a kinda of rattle sound. I don't know what caused that? I look at others on yotube and before I was not doing it fast enough but know I'm doing way faster and it still does not work?

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone else have any other suggestions? How do I know if my hard drive is good? After I put in the mod disc in it makes a kinda of rattle sound. I don't know what caused that? I look at others on yotube and before I was not doing it fast enough but know I'm doing way faster and it still does not work?
Can you even install a regular game on hdd?

CUBE

GTA STUNT CO

MEIN BLOCK
Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Just unplug your Hdd put the plastic thing that holds it then plug it back in that way your are sure it is correctly pluged, in my friend had the same problem and that wrkd for him.... btw its coz the hdd wasnt pluged in properly :smile:

What is the plastic thing? is it that round piece of plastic?

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
What is the plastic thing? is it that round piece of plastic?
I think he means the whole plastic side with the holes where you plug in the hdd, take that off then plug in hdd without it on. See if it works then.

Top Bottom
Login
Register