What's new

Tutorial GTA Online - The Colours & Textures Thread (Crew Colours, HEX values and more)

• Thread starter Classique
  • Start date
  • Views 49,292
N

ndoody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a way, on xbox, to flip a street car that has a nice colour on a metalic finish to have a matt texture? I can do all manner of merges, normally when I flip wheel colours that brings over the pearl - it also brings over the texture...but it doesn't seem to be atm.

Have a nice street car colour, unselected paint, I want to make it matt...using dominiator in the arena wars upgrade doesn't hold the colour - that must only work with crew colours is it?

I

Immortal_Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Is there a way, on xbox, to flip a street car that has a nice colour on a metalic finish to have a matt texture? I can do all manner of merges, normally when I flip wheel colours that brings over the pearl - it also brings over the texture...but it doesn't seem to be atm.

Have a nice street car colour, unselected paint, I want to make it matt...using dominiator in the arena wars upgrade doesn't hold the colour - that must only work with crew colours is it
Yes when you upgrade it reverts to the default color of the upgraded car, although if you were to use future shock that's matte. Additionally, what street car color with unselected paint were you after / what merge? If anything you could try setting the hex code of the color to crew and do it that way.

N

ndoody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes when you upgrade it reverts to the default color of the upgraded car, although if you were to use future shock that's matte. Additionally, what street car color with unselected paint were you after / what merge? If anything you could try setting the hex code of the color to crew and do it that way.
It's like a fluorescent / slightly mustard yellow. I like to keep street colours, and not use any hex / crews because then we can do two tone stuff with it - that is I can set the secondary colour to one off the shelf and use a merge technique that makes that unselected...but it's ultimately a crew colour, and obviously you can have only one crew colour per car. I need to keep the street colour I already have, but change the texture.

I use speedo merges to flip stuff.

I

Immortal_Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What vehicle is it on? Almost all street cars will have colors that are selectable in LSC anyway with very few exceptions.

themilkman2000

themilkman2000

Reaction score
Sin$
so how do you get the epsilon texture on xbox, if pure gold is 360 and brushed gold is ps3 texture then whats epsilon

I

Immortal_Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
so how do you get the epsilon texture on xbox, if pure gold is 360 and brushed gold is ps3 texture then whats epsilon
Okay so first off brushed and pure gold refer to the selectable metals in LSC, which have a color put over them. Epsilon as a color refers to the specific "epsilon blue" color found on vehicles from the cult in specific missions in single player, which has a unique texture. The texture itself is also known as "gunmetal". It's basically got a mirror reflection, but almost no uh shine? Whatever you call what chrome does.

themilkman2000

themilkman2000

Reaction score
Sin$
so is there a way to get that texture on Xbox without some sort of a dmo glitch. i can recreate worn pure and brushed gold texture but until your comment, still trying to figure out how to get those textures without the secret gold pearl underneath

themilkman2000

themilkman2000

Reaction score
Sin$
ive heard there is a save editor/ifruit editor for xbox that works for paint jobs and textures. anyone know it?

themilkman2000

themilkman2000

Reaction score
Sin$
I am unaware of this.
yea my friend told me the name was ki11y0urs3lf, or something spelled odd like that but I've been unable to find it. he said he wasn't messing with me and showed me some cool paintjobs and textures he had made with it but idk where to download it. he said i needed to install 2 things to get it

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
yea my friend told me the name was ki11y0urs3lf, or something spelled odd like that but I've been unable to find it. he said he wasn't messing with me and showed me some cool paintjobs and textures he had made with it but idk where to download it. he said i needed to install 2 things to get it
As far as I'm aware, no Xbox Save Editors or mod menus exist, as all Xbox One games and save progress are encrypted. I would not recommend downloading anything as it stands.

LordRabbit

LordRabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
any idea as to how people on ps4/ps5 are getting custom colors i.e. seawash on non stock rims

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
any idea as to how people on ps4/ps5 are getting custom colors i.e. seawash on non stock rims
Save editing! Through exploits and some PC programs you can create any vehicle you want with any available colour, get it manipulated into Story Mode, then use an exploit to bring it online, then another exploit to store it ?

LordRabbit

LordRabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Save editing! Through exploits and some PC programs you can create any vehicle you want with any available colour, get it manipulated into Story Mode, then use an exploit to bring it online, then another exploit to store it ?
wow, that's some stellar information right there. I guess it's my fault for using seawash as an example because it's on the list of rim colors. I've been using hazards se and Charles since ps3, I know how they work. my question (as you so blindly missed) was how do you get custom rim colors? I've seen cars that had rim colors that were not in save editor.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
wow, that's some stellar information right there. I guess it's my fault for using seawash as an example because it's on the list of rim colors. I've been using hazards se and Charles since ps3, I know how they work. my question (as you so blindly missed) was how do you get custom rim colors? I've seen cars that had rim colors that were not in save editor.
A bit of an attitude to give to someone who genuinely wants to help out, but I apologize for the misunderstanding.
As such, I'll elaborate with a more thorough answer that I hope you can use.

GTA V's vehicles support 6 different colours applied to different places on their model at the same time; primary, secondary, pearlescent, wheel colour, accent colour and trim colour - however, the only colours that can have a custom RGB applied to them is primary and secondary.

To easier explain this, primary and secondary have a "slot" (or "exception" rule, if you will) that tells if the colour is a custom RGB or not. If the value is set to true, it will read and display the RGB that has been set - if false, it will display a set in-game colour instead, like colours displayed in Los Santos Customs or the colour selections in Save Editor.
The wheel colour option unfortunately does not have this "slot", meaning that it simply does not support custom RGBs.

There are some vehicles in the game that copy either their primary or secondary colours to the wheels, but that is not the actual wheel colour, and is just a texture that is applied to the stock wheels of the vehicles.

If people claim that they have custom coloured RGB wheels in GTA Online on consoles, they are, simply put, full of baloney. It is impossible to do by technical definition.

I've seen cars that had rim colors that were not in save editor.
Can I also get you to elaborate on this a bit further? How did you know that those colours were not available in Save Editor, and what vehicles were they applied to?

LordRabbit

LordRabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
A bit of an attitude to give to someone who genuinely wants to help out, but I apologize for the misunderstanding.
As such, I'll elaborate with a more thorough answer that I hope you can use.

GTA V's vehicles support 6 different colours applied to different places on their model at the same time; primary, secondary, pearlescent, wheel colour, accent colour and trim colour - however, the only colours that can have a custom RGB applied to them is primary and secondary.

To easier explain this, primary and secondary have a "slot" (or "exception" rule, if you will) that tells if the colour is a custom RGB or not. If the value is set to true, it will read and display the RGB that has been set - if false, it will display a set in-game colour instead, like colours displayed in Los Santos Customs or the colour selections in Save Editor.
The wheel colour option unfortunately does not have this "slot", meaning that it simply does not support custom RGBs.

There are some vehicles in the game that copy either their primary or secondary colours to the wheels, but that is not the actual wheel colour, and is just a texture that is applied to the stock wheels of the vehicles.

If people claim that they have custom coloured RGB wheels in GTA Online on consoles, they are, simply put, full of baloney. It is impossible to do by technical definition.

Can I also get you to elaborate on this a bit further? How did you know that those colours were not available in Save Editor, and what vehicles were they applied to?
I'm very familiar with the info you posted but thank you for taking the time to post it. the cars were original muscle cars (vigero, Phoenix and sabre. they were purple (kinda like a saints row purple that flips from purple to blue but they weren't slate blue). the rims were sport and the same color. could it have been a pc save that was converted to ps4 or cars that were from the ps3 jailbreak era (like the bmx with motorcycle rims)?

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm very familiar with the info you posted but thank you for taking the time to post it. the cars were original muscle cars (vigero, Phoenix and sabre. they were purple (kinda like a saints row purple that flips from purple to blue but they weren't slate blue). the rims were sport and the same color. could it have been a pc save that was converted to ps4 or cars that were from the ps3 jailbreak era (like the bmx with motorcycle rims)?
Hmmm. I'm fairly certain I remember some colours give off some sort of reflection-y texture when in certain light. I will mess around on PC with that when I'm able to - I'm currently far from my desktop.
If you happen to have pictures of these vehicles with the exact Sports wheels you mentioned, I would love to see them!

While a modified PC save file sounds plausible, I don't believe that is the case as the wheel colour must have an ID that a clean un-jailbroken PS4 can read.

I do remember the jailbreaking days of GTA Online and all the crazy modifications you could "merge" together into a bicycle, but I personally didn't actively participate in it and therefore my knowledge of that topic is rather limited - but I don't suspect that it's a PS3 jailbreak-era exclusive either, as the wheels must have an actual colour ID that currently exist in the game.

We'll get to the bottom of this!

LordRabbit

LordRabbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hmmm. I'm fairly certain I remember some colours give off some sort of reflection-y texture when in certain light. I will mess around on PC with that when I'm able to - I'm currently far from my desktop.
If you happen to have pictures of these vehicles with the exact Sports wheels you mentioned, I would love to see them!

While a modified PC save file sounds plausible, I don't believe that is the case as the wheel colour must have an ID that a clean un-jailbroken PS4 can read.

I do remember the jailbreaking days of GTA Online and all the crazy modifications you could "merge" together into a bicycle, but I personally didn't actively participate in it and therefore my knowledge of that topic is rather limited - but I don't suspect that it's a PS3 jailbreak-era exclusive either, as the wheels must have an actual colour ID that currently exist in the game.

We'll get to the bottom of this!
I don't have a screen shot. it was posted in a chat group that I'm no longer in. they were saying it's legit, so I figured I'd ask around if anyone has seen them or knew something I didn't know.

J

_jhf9

Reaction score
Sin$
How do I change the texture on my crew color?
Seems like you had all the different textures on the same base color
Post automatically merged:

How do I get the epsilon finish/texture on my crew color?
It seems like you got all the textures on the same base color

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol you should update with some info on the new textures/pearls on next gen. Haven’t actually made the jump but excited af for a few chameleon paint jobs. Don’t get how the custom color works on the texture & the pearl on that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register