What's new

Tutorial GTA Online - The Colours & Textures Thread (Crew Colours, HEX values and more)

• Thread starter Classique
  • Start date
  • Views 49,306
C

CaprizJan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand. Can you be more specific?
Choose the chrome in wheel color,, chrome and pure black has the same rgb 0,0,0.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I’m sorry but I don’t quite understand. Can you be more specific?
The so-called "pure black" rim colour is actually chrome. Wheels cannot display the chrome texture*, and displays them as colour #000000 instead, which is essentially pure black :smile:

g67yIkY.png

* = "Chrome Wheels" in LSC are completely other models from their original wheel designs.

LoSt Glitches

LoSt Glitches

Experienced Member
Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
The so-called "pure black" rim colour is actually chrome. Wheels cannot display the chrome texture*, and displays them as colour #000000 instead, which is essentially pure black :smile:

g67yIkY.png

* = "Chrome Wheels" in LSC are completely other models from their original wheel designs.
"Pure Black" is from ps3 mod menus. Very rare color to find considering it had to come from a transferred vehicle from PS3. It's a particular texture that it's layered with. Currently can't be added because of it being the RGB of #000000, which will in fact cause a checkmark on the vehicles rims. "Chrome" Rim color is in the #000000 family also but is layered with a matte texture, resembles a chalkboard. My only input to this thread would be to remove the fact that changing the colors of modded vehicles inside LSC be removed. Your giving a false pretense that it's ok to do that, while at one time a couple years ago it was ok as long as the original texture was not removed. Then it would be considered "Scratched". While the Modding Community is only a portion of the GTA 5 Community it's misleading, those particular vehicles with "Check marks" are not valid vehicles in the Modded Car Trading Community.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
"Pure Black" is from ps3 mod menus. Very rare color to find considering it had to come from a transferred vehicle from PS3. It's a particular texture that it's layered with. Currently can't be added because of it being the RGB of #000000, which will in fact cause a checkmark on the vehicles rims. "Chrome" Rim color is in the #000000 family also but is layered with a matte texture, resembles a chalkboard. My only input to this thread would be to remove the fact that changing the colors of modded vehicles inside LSC be removed. Your giving a false pretense that it's ok to do that, while at one time a couple years ago it was ok as long as the original texture was not removed. Then it would be considered "Scratched". While the Modding Community is only a portion of the GTA 5 Community it's misleading, those particular vehicles with "Check marks" are not valid vehicles in the Modded Car Trading Community.
Hey LoSt!

While I agree that the chrome #000000 wheel colour is rare, it is actually not PS3/360 exclusive. In fact, the chrome version of the modified Dubsta2 spawns with chrome "painted" wheels :biggrin:

Thank you for your input and recommendation. However, I don't agree with me removing that part of the thread. It's factual that it is possible to change a custom textures' colour with the use of the secondary Crew colour, and this thread is made to be sort of like a mini-wiki.
I do agree with the "scratched" part however; it has become much more sought after to have a pure modded vehicle with both primary and secondary as a unique texture, along with unobtainable wheel colours.
What I will do instead is add a note, saying that you will risk of ruining a modded vehicle by performing the secondary Crew colour trick, and would not recommend performing it if you're in the trading community :smile:

Last edited:
LoSt Glitches

LoSt Glitches

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Lemme try to rephrase. Considering this is a GTA 5 Glitching/Modding Forum, the viewer base is will strictly be on Modded colors through Save Editor. There is to be 100% no Visual changes on the vehicles that come online from PC. Touching on "Crew colors" repeatedly will just make scratched vehicles start to circle around. The main 100% reason why a Modded Car should never be touched in LSC is because of Tire Smoke. We can 100% upgrade, and modify the vehicle through editor. ie.Tire Smoke, Under Glow, Primary, Pearl, Secondary, wheel colors, half the people don't even realise the tire smoke was modded until all the sudden they're burning out grey smoke. If you change anything on the vehicle it will have a 99% chance of removing the Modded Tire Smoke. We've spent years to get this community rid of all vehicles that have had mods striped out of circulation. And on 3 different occasions you are teaching people to strip those mods. Your thread is 2 years behind, and includes all the don'ts and will never answer the main questions that people want to know. What texture is considered "3D". The true terminology of "Scratched". How do you make a 100% car? What colors in editor come checkmarked even tho it says they won't. How do you merge colored interior? Which cars hold the colored interior online from PC? Which hex codes trigger crew colors? How do you get the aluminum foil effect? Where we are right now in this community, every single person can 100% make their very own 1 of 1 modded car right now. All they need is a usb/wizard/editor/pc/DMO steps. They need to be taught correctly, because going right into it they'll never use a Hex. We talk in RGB. Your giving a false pretense with Day 1 knowledge as if it was still day one, and teaching the wrong methods sir and I do not agree with this thread. Who posts a color thread including the steps to scratch a vehicle in its first draft?
Post automatically merged:

"Pure black" is 100% Ps3/Xbox 360 Mod Menu. Save editor has not given any type of option to bring an actual "Pure Black" Rim color into an online lobby because #000000 is the main "Black" Hex Which triggers a crew color checkmark. Pure black is #000000FF, which means Full Red, Full Green, Full Blue. "Chrome" black rims is nowhere near a true Pure Black. Same for "Pure White" which is #FFFFFF00. They are richer, thicker colors then any of the listed black and whites. The closest way to see what a pure black actually would look like is to layer the lowest RGB 0,0,1 without actually triggering a crew black on top of a black texture IE. Black worn , Black matte, even Black metallic. But you will never be able to replicate a true Pure black as it has no texture. Another example of "Pure Black" Is the default crew black t-shirt, almost as if you can stick your finger through your tv screen. Even if that color is on a dubsta, it 100% cannot be merged as the other colors of the vehicles will be checkmarked. Which makes the vehicle non valid in the GTA 5 modding community where you posted a thread on a GTA 5 glitching and modding forum with 100% non up to date information.

Last edited:
Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Lemme try to rephrase. Considering this is a GTA 5 Glitching/Modding Forum, the viewer base is will strictly be on Modded colors through Save Editor. There is to be 100% no Visual changes on the vehicles that come online from PC. Touching on "Crew colors" repeatedly will just make scratched vehicles start to circle around. The main 100% reason why a Modded Car should never be touched in LSC is because of Tire Smoke. We can 100% upgrade, and modify the vehicle through editor. ie.Tire Smoke, Under Glow, Primary, Pearl, Secondary, wheel colors, half the people don't even realise the tire smoke was modded until all the sudden they're burning out grey smoke. If you change anything on the vehicle it will have a 99% chance of removing the Modded Tire Smoke. We've spent years to get this community rid of all vehicles that have had mods striped out of circulation. And on 3 different occasions you are teaching people to strip those mods. Your thread is 2 years behind, and includes all the don'ts and will never answer the main questions that people want to know. What texture is considered "3D". The true terminology of "Scratched". How do you make a 100% car? What colors in editor come checkmarked even tho it says they won't. How do you merge colored interior? Which cars hold the colored interior online from PC? Which hex codes trigger crew colors? How do you get the aluminum foil effect? Where we are right now in this community, every single person can 100% make their very own 1 of 1 modded car right now. All they need is a usb/wizard/editor/pc/DMO steps. They need to be taught correctly, because going right into it they'll never use a Hex. We talk in RGB. Your giving a false pretense with Day 1 knowledge as if it was still day one, and teaching the wrong methods sir and I do not agree with this thread. Who posts a color thread including the steps to scratch a vehicle in its first draft?

"Pure black" is 100% Ps3/Xbox 360 Mod Menu. Save editor has not given any type of option to bring an actual "Pure Black" Rim color into an online lobby because #000000 is the main "Black" Hex Which triggers a crew color checkmark. Pure black is #000000FF, which means Full Red, Full Green, Full Blue. "Chrome" black rims is nowhere near a true Pure Black. Same for "Pure White" which is #FFFFFF00. They are richer, thicker colors then any of the listed black and whites. The closest way to see what a pure black actually would look like is to layer the lowest RGB 0,0,1 without actually triggering a crew black on top of a black texture IE. Black worn , Black matte, even Black metallic. But you will never be able to replicate a true Pure black as it has no texture. Another example of "Pure Black" Is the default crew black t-shirt, almost as if you can stick your finger through your tv screen. Even if that color is on a dubsta, it 100% cannot be merged as the other colors of the vehicles will be checkmarked. Which makes the vehicle non valid in the GTA 5 modding community where you posted a thread on a GTA 5 glitching and modding forum with 100% non up to date information.
Well, you seem much more educated on this topic than me, so would you mind making a thread that explains it in better detail? I'm all in for being taught new stuff afterall.

C

CaprizJan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, we really cant replicate the true pure black color in save editor,, on custom color u would get a crew color check if u use the rgb or hex of pure black. On wheel color the closest we can get is choosing chrome coz we dont have any options on wheel color. Any other texture of black would still be light compared to pure black,,, pure black is the $h!t,, the blackest of the black, the blackest u can get haha... Anyway ,, just a tip for the tire smoke,, ive been doing this for a long time already, to keep the patriot smoke, if u want to change the unscratchable mods of a car like spoilers or bumpers etc., I do this, i always go back to tire smoke,, for example, ill change the spoiler, then i go to tire smoke (of course not selecting any), then i change bumpers, then i go back to tire smoke,,then rinse and repeat if needed.. in that way u wont lose the patriot smoke. Try it guys. :smile:

OrdinaryStoner

OrdinaryStoner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly no one is gonna give a shxt about a rim color not being a particular shade of black, chrome (other) is the closest to pure black we’re gonna get. The people that do care is just a small percentage, as long as the color isn’t check marked most people are good about that.

D

DylannGamingNL

Reaction score
Sin$
I have another question, how do you create the aluminium foil texture? I haven’t seen a way 2 do that earlier on.
Answers will be appreciated!

LoSt Glitches

LoSt Glitches

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, you seem much more educated on this topic than me, so would you mind making a thread that explains it in better detail? I'm all in for being taught new stuff afterall.
Hell no, because there are 100's of people that are worse than me, 1 subject has 100 opinions. It will be one of the most debatable threads you could ever touch on. especially right now because o f the fact that everyone CAN make their very own cars. If you choose to carry on the thread, then the comments and the people need to run the thread as a discussion. Almost as if your like a reporter. A journalist. It's never been done anywhere you search. Modded colors can be one of that largest most talked about threads. You opened the can, its on you to carry it on, but listen to what the community says, they have all the knowledge.

You need to start with textures, , and not in LSC. Actual start with a basic color then layer it on every texture using editor then go into DIRECTOR MODE screen shot that vehicle. You can also take those said cars into story mode LSC. Just use a street car. Modded Color Thread. That a starty point, so many people dont know how to layer, like you started out with, textures

Textures: Mp100 , epsilon, pure gold, matte, metallic, alum brush , brush gold, worn , utility, brush black steel , black steel. Layering colors on colors, think about "Pure White" is an actual FULL RGB #FFFFFF00, what do you think you'll have layering a #FFFFFF on TOP of #FFFFFF00 Pure white? The biggest brightest white you can get. Bright Red RGB on top of a colored texture "Red Worn". While Pure White is not considered a texture it is still a FULL RGB. There a difference in the colors when you do a rgb on top of a texture but not match the colors, compared to when you do. worn is like a rose petal, next to to doing color on color which turns worn into like Play-dough. Try this Red RGB on White worn, then do Red RGB on top of Red Worn. theres no change in texture, youve just forced a FULL RGB by layering the Red Hex/RGB

People like visuals thats why i said this thread can go on forever as long as we can make cars. we have to guess with editor, make the car, do the wizard , load up GTA , then go into DM to see the car for the first time. But lowering the focus to just coming up with a custom RGB? "How to layer RGB's using Save Editor for Modded Colors" thats where you start.

Last edited:
Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hell no, because there are 100's of people that are worse than me, 1 subject has 100 opinions. It will be one of the most debatable threads you could ever touch on. especially right now because o f the fact that everyone CAN make their very own cars. If you choose to carry on the thread, then the comments and the people need to run the thread as a discussion. Almost as if your like a reporter. A journalist. It's never been done anywhere you search. Modded colors can be one of that largest most talked about threads. You opened the can, its on you to carry it on, but listen to what the community says, they have all the knowledge.

You need to start with textures, , and not in LSC. Actual start with a basic color then layer it on every texture using editor then go into DIRECTOR MODE screen shot that vehicle. You can also take those said cars into story mode LSC. Just use a street car. Modded Color Thread. That a starty point, so many people dont know how to layer, like you started out with, textures
Mmmm, got'cha. Thank you for the words!
As I've figured out, colours, textures, RGBs, HEXes and everything in between seems to be an incredibly huge topic, and as such, I will treat it as one. I will try to be the reporter in this scenario :smile:

As time currently stands, I don't have much time editing the thread much due to work and upcoming family shenanigans, but I will definitely mark it as a to-do thing in my calendar, and try to put some effort into cleaning up the main thread. Taking the Nero out in Director Mode in the daylight is one of the first things I will do. I will have a talk with some dataminers about the game too at some point.
I'm all aboard to be 100% factual, and will strive to be just that. Afterall, this is a topic I wish to gain more knowledge on, so at some point in the future you may see a PM from me asking about some things :biggrin:

Thank you for being civil.

LoSt Glitches

LoSt Glitches

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Also you can do 2 sample screen shots of the textures.
Use a street car so it doesn't disappear in Director Mode.
1. Primary/secondary matte black with a random rgb
2. Primary/Secondary matte black with Black RGB

Also pearls - Pearls have texture. another subject

Also touch on tires smoke, let them know changing vehicle options can and while strip modded tire smoke. Screenshots using editors options to pre upgrade vehicle options. Without having to go into LSC after bringing the car online. Thats a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of cars. But people dont know what the car looks like using those options without bringing the car into Director mode. Some of the bigger car makers are now using PC GTA menus to pre see and make the car before using editor. Not everyone can do that, thats where you come in. "Who can teach me how to do modded colors?" "Where can I go to see samples of cars already made?"

So here is where I attempted to force a #FF0000FF with just layering a Red #FF0000 RGB on top of a Red #FF0000 Texture
ScreenShots: Car , Editor
Now you'll see how I tried to do a matching color scheme with matching tire smoke, wheel color, and neon lights. But if this said car was to be changed in anyway in LSC theres a possibility of losing that modded tire smoke. Thats where sometimes interiors can be an issue. while using the merge to manipulate the interior you could lose the tire smoke.

a 100% car is Full uncheckmarked colors: Primary , Secondary, Pearlescent, Neons color , Interior color, Wheel color
Additions: yankton plates with forbidden text, bennys rims, Green Tint , Fully upgraded with everything maxed out, non bulletproof tires

Also touch on tires smoke, let them know changing vehicle options can and while strip modded tire smoke. Screenshots using editors options to pre upgrade vehicle options. Without having to go into LSC after bringing the car online. Thats a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of cars. But people dont know what the car looks like using those options without bringing the car into Director mode. Some of the bigger car makers are now using PC GTA menus to pre see and make the car before using editor. Not everyone can do that, thats where you come in. "Who can teach me how to do modded colors?" "Where can I go to see samples of cars already made?"

So here is where I attempted to force a #FF0000FF with just layering a Red #FF0000 RGB on top of a Red #FF0000 Texture
ScreenShots: Car , Editor
Now you'll see how I tried to do a matching color scheme with matching tire smoke, wheel color, and neon lights. But if this said car was to be changed in anyway in LSC theres a possibility of losing that modded tire smoke. Thats where sometimes interiors can be an issue. while using the merge to manipulate the interior you could lose the tire smoke.

a 100% car is Full uncheckmarked colors: Primary , Secondary, Pearlescent, Neons color , Interior color, Wheel color
Additions: yankton plates with forbidden text, bennys rims, Green Tint , Fully upgraded with everything maxed out, non bulletproof tires
It's a lot of work , i mean a lot of work...
Colors are everything to a modded car and used as a signature, but they all dont look the same on every vehicle. And certain vehicles keep their original textures. Color methods and combinations have always been kept secret, but were 7 years in with 6 months of a public method to make our own. But with that I bid you good luck sir, i'll be around. Go by evidence, make em prove their opinion.

Last edited:
M

moaner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree, we really cant replicate the true pure black color in save editor,, on custom color u would get a crew color check if u use the rgb or hex of pure black. On wheel color the closest we can get is choosing chrome coz we dont have any options on wheel color. Any other texture of black would still be light compared to pure black,,, pure black is the $h!t,, the blackest of the black, the blackest u can get haha... Anyway ,, just a tip for the tire smoke,, ive been doing this for a long time already, to keep the patriot smoke, if u want to change the unscratchable mods of a car like spoilers or bumpers etc., I do this, i always go back to tire smoke,, for example, ill change the spoiler, then i go to tire smoke (of course not selecting any), then i change bumpers, then i go back to tire smoke,,then rinse and repeat if needed.. in that way u wont lose the patriot smoke. Try it guys. :smile:
Or, if you can, set your crew colour 000000ff, then you have the patriot smoke any time.

how the chrome RGB comes out checked when you place it over for instance worn texture? Worn not even is an option in LSC

Last edited:
LoSt Glitches

LoSt Glitches

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sin$
Or, if you can, set your crew colour 000000ff, then you have the patriot smoke any time.

how the chrome RGB comes out checked when you place it over for instance worn texture? Worn not even is an option in LSC
[/QUOT
The patriot smoke is extremely outdated. It's the combination of matching RGB's:
primary/secondary = Texture
RGB/Custom color = The Vehicle color
Pearl/Tire smoke/neon's: All matching RGBs

Can't patched.

Can't patched.

M

moaner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Can't patched.

Can't patched.
Ah fair enough, I got tired of the patriot smoke awhile ago, I match up the some with the car colour or wheel colour instead

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Guys, the save editor has some things “checked” that aren’t actually checked and some things with no check that actually are checked. It’s not ? but close. Here are some Facts: Chrome is pure black it’s rgb is 0,0,0. As for Rim colour, it’s not checked in LSC. Also Rims don’t have texture. Or they have there own standard texture. So if you put worn red on your rim it would be rgb worn red but not worn texture. Also a fact, Lost is a dumb f***. Didn’t know there was try Harding at pretending to know ****? Whatever.
PS. I’m taking crystal clear tint over garbage green alllll day.
According to my tests and from dataminers, I've gotten the same results. chrome painted wheels are the blackest of black you can get, and no stand-alone pure black colour exists in the game, according to the colour list. And the same with the textures; I could not change the textures of the wheel colour. They will always be shiny, because they seem to only carry over the RGB/hex, as you said. Thanks for info! :biggrin:

C

CaprizJan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

The method i do for keeping the tire smoke when u change mods in lsc works not only on patriot smoke but on any modded tire smoke too,, so its for guys having the problem of modded tire smoke turning into selected white in lsc,, very handy method i discovered.

D

DylannGamingNL

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I see that many people talked over my question. But I’m going 2 ask it again. Does anyone know how 2 create the aluminium foil in Save Editor? Answers will be highly appreciated!?

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello, I see that many people talked over my question. But I’m going 2 ask it again. Does anyone know how 2 create the aluminium foil in Save Editor? Answers will be highly appreciated!?
Oh, sorry!
What do you mean with aluminium foil? What texture are you looking for?

Top Bottom
Login
Register