What's new

Tutorial GTA Online - The Colours & Textures Thread (Crew Colours, HEX values and more)

• Thread starter Classique
  • Start date
  • Views 49,277
Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Platinum Record Mr. Nice Guy Pumpking
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol you should update with some info on the new textures/pearls on next gen. Haven’t actually made the jump but excited af for a few chameleon paint jobs. Don’t get how the custom color works on the texture & the pearl on that.
I definitely should!
The new chameleon colours doesn't work like traditional paintjobs; they don't actually have a HEX colour assigned to them, but are instead determined by a colour palette, which is a completely new way of introducing colours to GTA V. It's also hard to tell exactly how they're programmed, as we don't have access to the PS5/XBS X|S files of the game that includes them.

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I definitely should!
The new chameleon colours doesn't work like traditional paintjobs; they don't actually have a HEX colour assigned to them, but are instead determined by a colour palette, which is a completely new way of introducing colours to GTA V. It's also hard to tell exactly how they're programmed, as we don't have access to the PS5/XBS X|S files of the game that includes them.

So does that mean in save editor when using the chameleon texture & adding a custom hex, it won’t show that hex color with whatever effect of chameleon on top?

What about a base texture that’s normal (say pure gold with custom color) would adding the pearl that’s chameleon work?

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So does that mean in save editor when using the chameleon texture & adding a custom hex, it won’t show that hex color with whatever effect of chameleon on top?
That is correct. The custom HEX colour is completely hidden underneath the chameleon colour.
When you apply a custom colour together with a chameleon colour in a Save Editor and then bring the vehicle online on PS4, the custom colour will show as it should, but will disappear underneath the chameleon colour when you transfer your account to the next-gen systems.

What about a base texture that’s normal (say pure gold with custom color) would adding the pearl that’s chameleon work?
This does work!.. Kinda. You will get a very fade finish of whatever chameleon you put on the Pearlescent, but it won't cover the entire car like what a traditional chameleon colour would.
Regardless, this is your best option if you want something that is truly unique.

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That is correct. The custom HEX colour is completely hidden underneath the chameleon colour.
When you apply a custom colour together with a chameleon colour in a Save Editor and then bring the vehicle online on PS4, the custom colour will show as it should, but will disappear underneath the chameleon colour when you transfer your account to the next-gen systems.

This does work!.. Kinda. You will get a very fade finish of whatever chameleon you put on the Pearlescent, but it won't cover the entire car like what a traditional chameleon colour would.
Regardless, this is your best option if you want something that is truly unique.
Oh wait so I can actually make them & dmo drop them now on last gen, & even tho it won’t show now, on next gen they will be there with the effects showing? I was just making them now cause I had nothing left to dmo drop till I get to next gen… if I can give them to myself now that’s another reason I don’t want to go to next gen yet lol I like having the 2 consoles. Although I won’t be able to see if I like how they look which isn’t ideal. I want the weaponized ignus super bad, I definitely can’t drop that til next gen right?

Okay, so generally speaking can you get chameleon paint jobs with different chameleon pearls in game or is that also only a save editor thing? I prob only want my terrobyte & avenger with a full chameleon without custom color but maybe mess with the pearls.

Classique

Classique

Declasse's #1 Enemy
Super Moderators
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, so generally speaking can you get chameleon paint jobs with different chameleon pearls in game or is that also only a save editor thing? I prob only want my terrobyte & avenger with a full chameleon without custom color but maybe mess with the pearls.
You can get a limited amount of chameleon colours on your vehicles from LSC on the primary and secondary colour, but having a chameleon colour on the pearlescent is impossible to do without a Save Editor.

Blue_jayy

Blue_jayy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can get a limited amount of chameleon colours on your vehicles from LSC on the primary and secondary colour, but having a chameleon colour on the pearlescent is impossible to do without a Save Editor.
Nice, so can you see livery with chameleon paint job applied?

Top Bottom
Login
Register