What's new

Solved gta iv rgh modding help

D

dubstepxmodz

Reaction score
Sin$
hey guys I'm new to rgh modding and I'm tryna mod gta iv I have a trinity flash and board glitch 2 and I want to mod gta iv I also have freestyle dash so I can extract games how can I mod gta iv? is there a way I can extract the gta iv game and put major distribution into it and just play or maybe a pluggin I can use to make mod menu work for gta iv looking for help maybe a youtube tutorial or a guide on a forum?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Programmer MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
So what is the actual problem you're having?
Not getting a specific/any mod to work?
Not knowing how to install a specific/any mod?
What does "put major distribution into it" mean?

D

dubstepxmodz

Reaction score
Sin$
So what is the actual problem you're having?
Not getting a specific/any mod to work?
Not knowing how to install a specific/any mod?
What does "put major distribution into it" mean?
I have freestyle dash and it lets me extract DVD I extracted GTA iv so I can play it without disc what I'm tryna do is mod the game that's now on my hdd but idk how do I need to use a plug in to mod it or change files and how

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have freestyle dash and it lets me extract DVD I extracted GTA iv so I can play it without disc what I'm tryna do is mod the game that's now on my hdd but idk how do I need to use a plug in to mod it or change files and how
So your problem is not knowing how to install any mod, Ok.
How about you find a mod you want to use, and say here what files/instructions it came with, and I (or someone else) can teach you how to install it. Sounds good?

D

dubstepxmodz

Reaction score
Sin$
So your problem is not knowing how to install any mod, Ok.
How about you find a mod you want to use, and say here what files/instructions it came with, and I (or someone else) can teach you how to install it. Sounds good?
i have major distribution v.13 rar files, i have xbox neighbourhood ,I have WinRAR, I have gta iv on disc,i have freestyle dash with dvd extract and others soo tbh I need a walk through from start to finish

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i have major distribution v.13 rar files, i have xbox neighbourhood ,I have WinRAR, I have gta iv on disc,i have freestyle dash with dvd extract and others soo tbh I need a walk through from start to finish
Ah, OK, so "major distribution" seems to be a mod. OK, one more mystery solved.
Well how about you do what I said above, that should work?

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ohh I'm so dumb
script.img
script_network.img

also I tried that video but I don't get it I have disc extract
Those are files you replace in your game folder.
And what do you mean about disc extract? You have the game on a disc but haven't extracted it yet, or what?

D

dubstepxmodz

Reaction score
Sin$
Those are files you replace in your game folder.
And what do you mean about disc extract? You have the game on a disc but haven't extracted it yet, or what?
I have the game extracted to my hdd and when I put those files in replacement of the others it crashes my rgh

ImOx

ImOx

(^._.^)ノ
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I have the game extracted to my hdd and when I put those files in replacement of the others it crashes my rgh
Maybe you're not on the correct TU for that menu.
Here is a good tutorial playlist from which you can learn a lot, including how to update your game to a newer TU (title update)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3FCoZ5E3zWz5tS5iWbysPZX
(The bottom link has updated videos, not all videos from the original playlist have been updated though)

But I really have to study for my exams now. I hope you're able to get it working.
I'll check back here later to see if you're having problems.

D

dubstepxmodz

Reaction score
Sin$
Maybe you're not on the correct TU for that menu.
Here is a good tutorial playlist from which you can learn a lot, including how to update your game to a newer TU (title update)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3G08cHNCHyT4Yj-WWYhw8D7
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn7ji3VsPy3FCoZ5E3zWz5tS5iWbysPZX
(The bottom link has updated videos, not all videos from the original playlist have been updated though)

But I really have to study for my exams now. I hope you're able to get it working.
I'll check back here later to see if you're having problems.
hey I think I might have figured it out? do md v 13 work in story coz I thin that's why its not been working

Top Bottom
Login
Register