What's new

Solved GTA IV (ORIGINAL) Speed mod help.

I

iGarry

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys, I am really new to modding but I want to know if I can set my cars to a fast speed. I don't want super speed but I just want it to be little bit faster than others. I know the vehicles speed and everything is located in the handling.dat but I just don't know how to edit them. I want to do them right so I don't keep wasting dics. I searched around the forum but couldn't find anything. If anyone can find me a detailed tutorial on it or tell me how to.. please that would be awesome. Thanks!

cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The tf column is for acceleration like hp and the tv is your max top speed. A tf of about 0.4 and tv of about 175 will give you a nice small sensible increase. There's also the braking and stability columns that can be tweaked but those two above will give you a start :wink:

Upvote 0
I

iGarry

Reaction score
Sin$
The tf column is for acceleration like hp and the tv is your max top speed. A tf of about 0.4 and tv of about 175 will give you a nice small sensible increase. There's also the braking and stability columns that can be tweaked but those two above will give you a start :wink:

Oh okay. Can you please make me a line for the "infernus". I really don't want it messed up. I already wasted 2 discs lol. I just want the it little faster than it already is. I am doing this because I am racing and I always feel that "comet" is faster than the "infernus" Thanks for replying :smile:

Upvote 0
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The only thing you need to check after editing is the file size, it must be kept at 41,386. I can do that for you but it'll have to be tomorrow now.

Upvote 0
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Click my sig and check the Users folder :wink:

I only touched the infernus, everything else is standard.

Added 40% more torque and about 10% more top end, plus now with 6 gears :smile:

Upvote 0
I

iGarry

Reaction score
Sin$
Click my sig and check the Users folder :wink:

I only touched the infernus, everything else is standard.

Added 40% more torque and about 10% more top end, plus now with 6 gears :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: If I edit more cars Can I just check in with you to see if its right and How do I keep the file size at 41,386?

Upvote 0
X

xMikeeey

A Stumble May Prevent a Fall.
Reaction score
Sin$
Just add or remove a few characters from comment lines.

What the F**k??? THE HANDLING LINE WAS MADE IN 1999? :O
b1bbe020a5d0b90e7f203cf4eb7fd822.png

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register