• Thread starter Cathering
  • Start date
  • Views 56,931
C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
This is a compilation of common XBOX 360 GTA IV modding tools. The reason I'm posting this is because it's a windows installer meaning the installer will automatically install all the tools to your program files folder and the corresponding shortcuts into the start menu. Other benefits from an installer include: easy uninstallation (through programs and features) and silent installation using standard MSI switches.

Programs included:
  • Open IV 0.9.11.202 (pre-configured)
  • San Andreas GXT Editor 1.3.7.2
  • IV Needle 1.5.1.0
  • Xbox Backup Creator 2.9.0.306 (with MSCOMCTL.OCX)
  • GTAIV.exe 1.0.0.0 (in Open IV's program folder)
Works on: Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
For more information, check the README.txt file.
Enjoy.

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Helpful for the noobs.
What do you mean helpful to only the noobs? It's helpful to everyone because it means you don't have to download 5000 files after every reinstall of your operating system just to mod GTA IV, everything is there and can be installed quickly. What you're saying is an understatement.

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank you!

Not only was I looking for the latest Xbox Backup Creator but now I have several GTA IV modding tools. +rep

T

TheBonzBaby x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
What do you mean helpful to only the noobs? It's helpful to everyone because it means you don't have to download 5000 files after every reinstall of your operating system just to mod GTA IV, everything is there and can be installed quickly. What you're saying is an understatement.

Im gonna get grilled later tonight, When you come online.

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, even though I am always up to date with my apps. I have already linked others to your download though. :wink:

R

Reepero

Reaction score
Sin$
Would u be able 2 create a tut for using IVNeedle? i cnt seem 2 find 1 anywhere n im lost on wat file or watever i need to use is, any help is apprecitated greatly =]

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Would u be able 2 create a tut for using IVNeedle? i cnt seem 2 find 1 anywhere n im lost on wat file or watever i need to use is, any help is apprecitated greatly =]
I don't have a tutorial but I can summarise:
IV Needle just makes it easier to edit some common GTA IV files such as weaponinfo.xml, all of these files are found in the ISO. You should download the Liberty Cities ISO and v5.0 Mods, open the dlc1.rpf and dlc2.rpf in v5.0 (using Open IV) and then find your way to the data folder. Extract some of the files such as the weaponinfo.xml by dragging it onto your desktop, you may now use IV Needle by opening it and finding the appropriate editor (weapon editor) and the load the dragged weaponinfo.xml, make your edits to the different weapons and then click "Save". You will then need to inject it back into the RPF (the one you previously took it out of) and then follow the similar process of injecting the RPF into the Liberty Cities ISO.

R

Reepero

Reaction score
Sin$
I don't have a tutorial but I can summarise:
IV Needle just makes it easier to edit some common GTA IV files such as weaponinfo.xml, all of these files are found in the ISO. You should download the Liberty Cities ISO and v5.0 Mods, open the dlc1.rpf and dlc2.rpf in v5.0 (using Open IV) and then find your way to the data folder. Extract some of the files such as the weaponinfo.xml by dragging it onto your desktop, you may now use IV Needle by opening it and finding the appropriate editor (weapon editor) and the load the dragged weaponinfo.xml, make your edits to the different weapons and then click "Save". You will then need to inject it back into the RPF (the one you previously took it out of) and then follow the similar process of injecting the RPF into the Liberty Cities ISO.
okay, thanks for that, i get it now

I

iiMoDKiinGx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I clicked setup and after i finished installing i got nothing. Even if i search for it nothing comes up.

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I clicked setup and after i finished installing i got nothing. Even if i search for it nothing comes up.
What's your operating system? Has the setup deployed the files in the program files folder under "GTA IV Modding Tools" and does it have an entry in "Installed Programs"?

I

iiMoDKiinGx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on vista. Nothing in program files. Do you have seperate download links because i want to add drift cars and change some guns to shooting rockets and stuff and burn it all tonight?

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Im on vista. Nothing in program files. Do you have seperate download links because i want to add drift cars and change some guns to shooting rockets and stuff and burn it all tonight?
Try to run as an administrator and ensure you have .NET framework 3.5 installed.

You will need to download OpenIV: http://openiv.com/
You will need to download IVNeedle: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?f=6313

You will need GTAIV.exe which I currently do not have a link to.

I

iiMoDKiinGx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks cathering, and do you have an aim? Im trying to PM you but it wont let me. I have another question that Tim008 told me you can help with.

Top Bottom
Login
Register