Status
Not open for further replies.
Ressko

Ressko

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,
Ive made call of duty menus in c++ and coded other things for games but Ive never done anything for GTA IV. I was wondering how I would go about making a simple menu? All I really need is what file I would code in and how I would open the file. Basicly what im asking is do I open up the common.rpf and how do I edit it.

Thanks

Hairy MineFart

Hairy MineFart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys,
Ive made call of duty menus in c++ and coded other things for games but Ive never done anything for GTA IV. I was wondering how I would go about making a simple menu? All I really need is what file I would code in and how I would open the file. Basicly what im asking is do I open up the common.rpf and how do I edit it.

Thanks
Been a while since I've been on V, but I would start by downloading someone else's source to see how it works completely, but you have to code the script in C and then compile it into a .sco file which you then throw into the script or script_network image files in the ISO. The .sco has to be called on by a scripthook or another script to load. Hope this helps a bit.

If you coded CoD menus, then I bet if you take a look at some old source you'll see how it works... Scripting on GTA V is completely different. On here is somewhat similar to Red Dead Redemption which seems to be a common link between GTA IV and V

Upvote 0
Ressko

Ressko

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Been a while since I've been on V, but I would start by downloading someone else's source to see how it works completely, but you have to code the script in C and then compile it into a .sco file which you then throw into the script or script_network image files in the ISO. The .sco has to be called on by a scripthook or another script to load. Hope this helps a bit.

If you coded CoD menus, then I bet if you take a look at some old source you'll see how it works... Scripting on GTA V is completely different. On here is somewhat similar to Red Dead Redemption which seems to be a common link between GTA IV and V

Can you explain a little more by what you mean by "code it in C" program do I use to code it? Or it it just in like notepad++ ? Also what would I use to compile it into a .sco file?

Thanks

Upvote 0
xStormsnoutx

xStormsnoutx

Getting There
Modder Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to open your ISO goto dlc2 and there to cdimages --> script_network.img. Open this file via openiv.Then u should see alot of .sco files(sco is the format scripts needs to be, i recommend Dudeitsbrians C to Sco compiler to compile your Projects(They needs to be written in C!).
Then u should download Xmc v4 source code by emanuel utommi, to see how gta scripts are based and to have a list of natives and some good header files.If u have any questions add me on skype(corneliusmeyer).
Sorry for my English!

Upvote 0
Ressko

Ressko

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You need to open your ISO goto dlc2 and there to cdimages --> script_network.img. Open this file via openiv.Then u should see alot of .sco files(sco is the format scripts needs to be, i recommend Dudeitsbrians C to Sco compiler to compile your Projects(They needs to be written in C!).
Then u should download Xmc v4 source code by emanuel utommi, to see how gta scripts are based and to have a list of natives and some good header files.If u have any questions add me on skype(corneliusmeyer).
Sorry for my English!

Thanks man, That helps alot!

Upvote 0
cannedheat

cannedheat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You just need the scocl compiler, available on psxscene. Then as you already know, any programmer friendly text editor :wink:

Upvote 0
iShiZo

iShiZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I will Release my Menu Source in view minutes :wink: (iHaZ Native Trainer Source + Private Mod Sources)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register