Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
5th July 2011 Update

Hey Guys,

I figured it would be best that we keep patch discussion to one thread and I'll update this thread with more information as it becomes available.

EFLC Files Patched:

• content.dat (similar to default.dat in GTA IV and cannot be renamed either)
  • weaponinfo.xml (file was used to create weapon modifications such as explosive guns, no reload, god mode)
  • carc.dat (file was used to change vehicle colours)
  • setup.xml (cannot rename directories/locations/file names)
  • cargrp.dat (file was used to spawn driving (AI) vehicles as well as vehicles at Police Stations)
  • handling.dat in DLC1 and DLC2 (You can still edit handling.dat within common.rpf)
  • vehicles.ide in DLC1 and DLC2 (You can still edit vehicles.ide within common.rpf by copying data into default.ide and deleting vehicles.ide)
EFLC Files Editable/Bypassed:

• .XPL (Map Modifications)
  • .IMG (Map Modifications, Texture Swapping Etc)
  • .XTD (Texture Edits)
  • visualsettings.dat (headlight and taillight colours)
  • timecyc.txt (sky, sunset, sunrise)
  • scrollbars.dat (scrolling text in Star Junction, Booth Tunnel, Clock Tower)
  • vehicles.ide (you can delete it and load it from another IDE file - must only be edited in common.rpf)
  • handling.dat (must be same size, and you cannot edit the $,%,! sections unless you do it in another place that isn't checked like up top with the v1.1's - must only be edited in common.rpf)
  • hud.dat
  • vehoff.csv (in-car view, camera angles)
  • water.dat (water height)
  • maleplayersettings.dat (male multiplayer clothing)
  • femaleplayersettings.dat (female multiplayer clothing)
  • american.gxt (in-game text)
  • explosionfx.dat (Delete this file to get god mode from explosions)
  • vehiclefx.dat (vehicle scratches)
  • bloodfx.dat (blood, water, butterfly footsteps)

EFLC Update: 5th July 2011

Update Details:
The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost & Damned remain on a continuous loading screen. Fails to load into single player. (v5.0 Mods)

GTA IV Update: 5th July 2011

Update Details: Grand Theft Auto IV Modifications confirmed working after update (v1.0 and v1.1 Mods) Update did not affect GTA IV modifications.

Title Update 8 Download

(Download these if you wish to update/test your JTAG with the latest patch etc...)

GTA IV

EFLC

How do I bypass the patch? click here!

Thanks to xXShAdOvVXx, Cathering, Jsmallwood and many other members for offering support and information for this thread.

XxIReVenGexX TK

XxIReVenGexX TK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
ok, so if the 1.0 and 1.1 files still work, what did they patch/fix/tweak?

wow i didnt read the bottom part... um great -.-
all the butthead "modders are gonna come from tlad and bogt to ORIGINAL -__- extra bummer... . . . .

Oky

Oky

Getting There
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Duck, Do you know if any mods will be coming out that will be simillar to 5.0?

Ohh and Il'l test tomorrow to see if you can invite into a game from an unmodded ISO to a Modded ISO. Did that make sense?

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
ok, so if the 1.0 and 1.1 files still work, what did they patch/fix/tweak?

I'm still in the process of finding out. I'm not even sure there was an update for GTA IV, only for TBOGT/TLAD. v1.0 and v.1.1 still work though, according to another member. If you have them and could test it, let me know the results. Thanks

Hey Duck, Do you know if any mods will be coming out that will be simillar to 5.0?

Not sure buddy. You would need to wait for a response from either Shadow, Brady Mac or Cathering. They were working on v6.0 but I'm sure this update will hinder that. I will update the thread when more information is available from reliable members :smile:

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
5th July 2011 Update
What files have been patched?
It seems that content.dat is patched, I'm assuming it'll be like what Original GTA IV modding is right now. I've just started testing, so I don't know what else they patched as of now.
Do map modifications still work?
Yes, map mods do work (tried the .img ones). Doubt they could really patch those anyways.

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
It seems that content.dat is patched, I'm assuming it'll be like what Original GTA IV modding is right now. I've just started testing, so I don't know what else they patched as of now.

Yes, map mods do work (tried the .img ones). Doubt they could really patch those anyways.

Thank you! If you could continue to let us know what has been patched and what hasn't that would be great! appreciate the help.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$

so... if only the content.dat is patched, is that a big problem?

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
oh.so to bypass it again we need to edit all of the files? or what? im a noob when it comes to gta modding :tongue:

Duck

Duck

Quack Quack!
MotM Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
oh.so to bypass it again we need to edit all of the files? or what? im a noob when it comes to gta modding :tongue:

content.dat was edited so that you could load renamed files. You needed to rename files in-order to bypass the previous patch. content.dat is similar to GTA IV's "default.dat" - The game is forced to load those file from content.dat and that directory can't be changed as far as I know.

xDeagleModz

xDeagleModz

Mac Miller
Reaction score
Sin$
content.dat was edited so that you could load renamed files. You needed to rename files in-order to bypass the previous patch. content.dat is similar to GTA IV's "default.dat" - The game is forced to load those file from content.dat and that directory can't be changed as far as I know.

okay thanks for the info! lets hope this gets bypassed soon... very soon :smile:

M

Mark Winters

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Somebody try deleteing the vechiles.ide and putting its data into different ide in the Xbox360.rpf :smile:

Am sure if everyone works hard there will be a new bypass. :smile:

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
Somebody try deleteing the vechiles.ide and putting its data into different ide in the Xbox360.rpf :smile:

Am sure if everyone works hard there will be a new bypass. :smile:
Like I said, if worse comes to worst it will turn out to be like Original GTA IV. ^_^

M

Mark Winters

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Like I said, if worse comes to worst it will turn out to be like Original GTA IV. ^_^
GTA IV has not been patched i dont think but you can still have vechiles.ide and handling etc. The first thing people need to do is try GTA IV file bypass ways on EFLC and see what the outcome is. :smile: We shall beat there crappy patch. I mean patchs in the past have crap as off them being bypassed quickly. :smile:

xXShAdOvVXx

xXShAdOvVXx

<(^_^)>
Reaction score
Sin$
GTA IV has not been patched i dont think but you can still have vechiles.ide and handling etc. The first thing people need to do is try GTA IV file bypass ways on EFLC and see what the outcome is. :smile: We shall beat there crappy patch. I mean patchs in the past have crap as off them being bypassed quickly. :smile:
They work fine, with the same rules from v1.1 applying of course. Going to test more things. :smile:

C

Cathering

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
We can get invincibility working through scripts, I’ll see what I can do.

Top Bottom
Login
Register