Solved Gta 5 Restarting Issue

• Thread starter Flappypapi
  • Start date
  • Views 515
Flappypapi

Flappypapi

Reaction score
Sin$
I've bought a new copy of GTA V and after playing for at least 5 minutes, it restarts itself.

The weird thing is, it restarts itself when I get on any plane. But that can't be the main source, and there are no scratches on both discs.

I've already cleared my cache, re-installed the game and patch. Is it worth installing it once again? Are there some sort of steps that need to be followed? I know I am not the only one having this problem, and it aches to see that Rockstar still haven't fixed this problem. But I guess one thing at a time right?

But anyways, like I said. Are there certain steps that need to be done? If not, then I ain't even mad. I could always trade it for a better game (;

Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
The only time my disc ever restarted itself is when I had a very nice laser burn around the disc. I've never experienced any restart issues. My friend has, but his disc is scratched. So if this is happening to a brand new disc you just got then I would return it and say there is something wrong or contact Rockstar Games. I know they have a warranty where they will replace the game themselves.

Upvote 0
Flappypapi

Flappypapi

Reaction score
Sin$
The only time my disc ever restarted itself is when I had a very nice laser burn around the disc. I've never experienced any restart issues. My friend has, but his disc is scratched. So if this is happening to a brand new disc you just got then I would return it and say there is something wrong or contact Rockstar Games. I know they have a warranty where they will replace the game themselves.

Besides those two options, is there really no other way?
Because the thing is, I didn't buy it from Gamestop or any other gaming store. I bought it from a friend which he never opened it. It was still sealed.

Upvote 0
Digital HD

Digital HD

The Master of GTA
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Frame In Gold Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Besides those two options, is there really no other way?
Because the thing is, I didn't buy it from Gamestop or any other gaming store. I bought it from a friend which he never opened it. It was still sealed.
Well I believe Rockstar Games will still take it back but without proof of purchase you will probably have to pay some replacement fee. I don't know what that fee would be though.

Upvote 0
Flappypapi

Flappypapi

Reaction score
Sin$
Well I believe Rockstar Games will still take it back but without proof of purchase you will probably have to pay some replacement fee. I don't know what that fee would be though.

I'm sure it's affordable. I guess I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom
Login
Register