Unsolved GTA 5 ps3 Modding error

Discussion in 'Playstation 3 Support' started by Mohamed Jendli, Jun 15, 2019 with 5 replies and 305 views.

1. Mohamed Jendli

Mohamed Jendli Newbie

Ratings:
    Long story short... i bought the ps3 jailbroken with gta 5 installed but i updated to OFW when i didn't have any idea about jailbreak after a while 4.84 CFW got released and did the jailbreak to rebug 4.84 CEX...
    I wanted to do that because of gta mod menus of course
    but when i install any mod menu the game gives me error.after a while of researsh i learnt about license of gta (i don't have a lisence ?)... when i highlight the game from XMB luckily if you press triangle you find a "Check" button in the bottom with a star next to it. i think it comes with rebug frimware. i pressed it and the check info above shows. I still have no idea about what i'm supposed to do... if anyone does let me know.also i have a back up of both EBOOT and UPDATE
    the check info:
    Checking HDD Game.(HG,"/dev_hdd0/game/NPEB01807")
    PARAM.SFO: Unexpected category(DG)
    PARAM.SFO PS3_SYSTEM_VER < Required SDK Version (EBOOT.BIN,04.3000)
    LIC.DAT License ID(BLES01807) not found (required by EBOOT.BIN).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. S3XX

S3XX Newbie

Ratings:

Did you download the correct mod that’s compatible with your PS3? (CEX). If so try downloading another mod menu and see if that works, if it still gives you an error try remove all mod menus and load it up normally, if it still gave you an error try reinstalling gta

3. OP
    Mohamed Jendli

Mohamed Jendli Newbie

Ratings:
    i tried with:Salfety 4.2 / WILDEMODZ SPRX 1.27 and Serendipity 1.3 by Zocker & Perez
    those were meant to be for both CEX and DEX i think... they didn't work
    just in case as i thought. I can just restore EDOOT and UPDATE

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. S3XX

S3XX Newbie

Ratings:
    So if you restored your eboot & update gta5 works? And in serendipity I remember they give you the choice to download between cex or dex so be on the lookout for it

5. OP
    Mohamed Jendli

Mohamed Jendli Newbie

Ratings:
    yes indeed it works... i'll use your advice in the future thanks.

6. OP
    Mohamed Jendli

Mohamed Jendli Newbie

Ratings:
    still can't find anything that helps... and i moved to ps4 anyway maybe end this Discussion
    if you're wondering about me jailbreaking ps4... i already updated to latest OFW -_- i hope those hackers can make CFW of 6.71 later as it is being hard to do so...