Solved GTA 5 character transfer

• Thread starter maxifrisson
  • Start date
  • Views 634
M

maxifrisson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey i would like to know if you can transfer a modded character from a ps3 to a next gen without creating a new ps3 account for each new RockStar account... if you dont understand my question just tell me and i will reformulate

Thank you

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Article here : https://support.rockstargames.com/h...to-PlayStation-4-Xbox-One-or-PC#TransferToPS4

Transferring to PlayStation®4

What you need:

1. A copy of Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation®4.
  2. Previous Grand Theft Auto Online character and progression data on either PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360.
    • Note: When transferring from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4, you must use the same PSN ID. A new PSN ID on PlayStation®4 cannot be transferred to from a different PSN ID on PlayStation®3 since your character’s progress is tied to the PSN account.
  3. A Rockstar Games Social Club account. If you do not already have a Social Club account, you will need to create one. Click here for info on creating an account.
  4. A PlayStation®Network account and PlayStation®Plus membership.
    • If transferring from PlayStation®3, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the PlayStation®Network account used to play GTA Online on both systems.
    • If transferring from Xbox 360, your Social Club account will need to be linked to the Xbox Live account used while playing GTA Online on Xbox 360 and the PlayStation®Network account used to play GTA Online on PlayStation®4.
    • If you still need to link your Social Club account to your console account(s), please click here for more information.
How to transfer your previous Grand Theft Auto Online character and progression data to PlayStation®4:

1. Start Grand Theft Auto V on PlayStation®4 and log into the PlayStation®Network.
  2. Enter GTA Online via the Character Select Wheel or the Pause Menu.
  3. You will be given the option to transfer your previous GTA Online character and progression data, along with the opportunity to change your character’s appearance again. If you wish to complete the transfer later, you can return to this option via the Online section of the Pause Menu.
  4. Once you have chosen to transfer your previous character and progression data, the transferrable in-game money, RP and Rank of all previous characters will be displayed. These are the characters that will be transferred to PlayStation®4. If you have previous character and progression data on both the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360, you will be prompted to select one set of data. You can only transfer one set of character and progression data for your PlayStation®Network account on PlayStation®4.
  5. Once the transfer has completed, you will be prompted to choose a character and enter GTA Online.

M

maxifrisson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't help... do i need to create a new psn account for each new RockStar account or i can just dissociate it ?

C

Cali

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
It doesn't help... do i need to create a new psn account for each new RockStar account or i can just dissociate it ?
I'm confused here, what is modded ? The PS3 account or the Social Club account has modded stats and you want to transfer them to a next gen console ?

M

Meister Fragster

(╯⌐■_■) ╯彡 ┻━┻
Reaction score
The social club is irrelevant. You can only transfer one PS3 character ONCE.
Unlinking and relinking to a new Social Club account will achieve nothing.

M

maxifrisson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okk thx sorry for the misunderstanding

P

Post Malone

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Reaction score
Even if i changed the RockStar account but its the same psn account
That would still not work, once you have transferred, you cannot again.

P

Post Malone

Hollywood's Bleeding
Retired
Reaction score
Question has been answered, so I will go ahead and move this thread. OP, if you have anymore questions please make another thread.

Top Bottom