Last edited:
Aslan

Aslan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi,
I've followed a tutorial on YouTube

I've did the whole guide 100%. I just have a few questions if anyone can answer:

- Do I need to insert Modded Disc in xbox 360?
- Do I need a keyboard? (USB)
- How do you get to Mod Menu?

You can play straight from the burned disc if your console is flashed.If not,you need to hotswap.You will need a keyboard/chatpad if they are script mods.As regards the mod menu,the keyboard commands would normally be listed in the thread you downloaded them from.

I

iPhoneDetour

Reaction score
Sin$
They are script mods, I've got a USB keyboard, and the mod menu I figured out.

My only question is if I need to hotswap, and if so, can I do it without taking it apart.

Joe Phantom

Joe Phantom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lmao Aslan. I suggest to you, Detour, that you find out what disc drive model your console has and research it's flash-ability as well as if it compatible with an xKey, if you'd like. :wink:

I

iPhoneDetour

Reaction score
Sin$
I get it, umm, I have a slim xbox 360, so.. do you have any helpfull links for me that tell how to hotswap easily?

Aslan

Aslan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I get it, umm, I have a slim xbox 360, so.. do you have any helpfull links for me that tell how to hotswap easily?
You can google it and im sure there would be plenty of videos on youtube.You can also post in the gta section here and im sure you will get help there.Im on my iphone so linking you to threads is a bit more of a pain than when im on my pc.

Rubbers

Rubbers

Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
You can google it and im sure there would be plenty of videos on youtube.You can also post in the gta section here and im sure you will get help there.Im on my iphone so linking you to threads is a bit more of a pain than when im on my pc.
Hot swapping is lame go to a local pawnshop and buy a xbox360 they let you look at them take the faceplate off check what color the wire is then buy and one of these fellow members here will direct you to a easy tutorial, don't bother flashing the Slim you will break it lol. If you do buy then PM ME and I can also help you through *Aim/Skype* its very easy once done once.

Wire colors to look for:
Red: Samsung
Yellow: Stay away until you get other consoles down - LiteOn
Blank: Hitachi
White: BenQ

The best console for you to purchase what I have is the Samsung.
Or if your all about GTA Modding just purchase xKey Here

Aslan

Aslan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hot swapping is lame go to a local pawnshop and buy a xbox360 they let you look at them take the faceplate off check what color the wire is then buy and one of these fellow members here will direct you to a easy tutorial, don't bother flashing the Slim you will break it lol. If you do buy then PM ME and I can also help you through *Aim/Skype* its very easy once done once.

Wire colors to look for:
Red: Samsung
Yellow: Stay away until you get other consoles down - LiteOn
Blank: Hitachi
White: BenQ

The best console for you to purchase what I have is the Samsung.
Or if your all about GTA Modding just purchase xKey Here
Im not looking to hotswap.I know all there is to know about flashing phats.

Aslan

Aslan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, but I have a modded gta disk.. the whole point i'm trying to do this is for getting my mods.
With an xkey you can dowload any mods and add them to your clean gta iso and play them from your external hard drive without burning a disc.With the modded disc you have now,you can hotswap it and play it and it will not cost you anything.If your slim is flashable you can get it flashed and you can play the modded iso just like any other game disc.

I

iPhoneDetour

Reaction score
Sin$
1. How can I know if its ''flashed''
2. I'm probably gonna hotswap it. I heard you had to delete the game u want to mod on (gta) and then install with the ISO disk inside, does this mean that once its installed it's always there (modded)? If it is i won't need the burnt ISO disk anymore.

3. How would you download mods on the xkey thing..?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
1. How can I know if its ''flashed''
2. I'm probably gonna hotswap it. I heard you had to delete the game u want to mod on (gta) and then install with the ISO disk inside, does this mean that once its installed it's always there (modded)? If it is i won't need the burnt ISO disk anymore.

3. How would you download mods on the xkey thing..?
1) You would know if your drive is flashed already
2) You go to install the game and right before it goes you manually swap the discs while your drive is open. Yes once you install it you can use the normal disc to boot
3) You would add the mods to the ISO you downloaded and then place that ISO onto the external hard drive instead of burning it.

Joe Phantom

Joe Phantom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Think i'll go with step 2, which is hotswapping.. Hope it works since it's a slim..
I have a slim and I hotswap. I have it jury-rigged so my disc drive is revealed, as my drive, the Philips-LiteOn 16D5S, to my knowledge, is not compatible with an xKey nor flash-able.

What are you talking about???
I thought you said "A modded controller will not flash for you" as a joke. I suppose not.

Top Bottom
Login
Register