GT transfer to PC

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by .Capacity, Feb 3, 2010 with 4 replies and 260 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    honestly ive been trying to do this for weeks with ZERO result.
    im definitely not experienced in this **** like this as far as i go is bridging host in gears and halo.

anyways.
    im having a lot of trouble getting my gamertag off of my 256 mb memory unit.
    when i hook up my transfer cable w/ the MU it shows up under my device list as a usb mass storage device, but i have no idea how to access it.
    i tried installing drivers.
    ive used xplorer and xport and still have got nothing.

can someone please help me through this step by step ALL i need is to get the save file from the card to my PC and i can take it from there.

2. ChalkyBarracuda

ChalkyBarracuda Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Try running Xplorer or Xport an an administrator, that's the only thing I can think of.

3. OP
    .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i dont have windows 7 i have windows xp im always running as administrator

4. giuga9

giuga9 Newbie

Ratings:
    ohhh shiiitt i remember when i had the same problem!! uhm i can only think of 2 things off the top of my head. 1. make sure u have an updated version of xplorer 360 and number 2. trying hooking up ur transfer cable to a differnt usb port in your computer

5. OP
    .Capacity

.Capacity Enthusiast

Ratings:
    not really sure how to find out if my xplorer is the newest version or not.
    but usb port shouldnt matter like i said my computer recognizes a usb mass storage device but i dont know what to do with it and how to access it with xplorer

fixed for future reference 256 mb MUs not compatible with PC