What's new

Solved GS Modding question

dEku

dEku

Seasoned Member
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not asking how to do it, I already know how but after the dashboard update(s) recently, I've seen some people get their GS reset. I haven't modded my GS in quite awhile and I wanted to know if you get reset after modding your GS at all after the recent update(s)?

I'm having a hard time trying to word what I want to say, if you understand what I'm trying to say, can you please answer.

Thanks.

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They haven't added a security update that will get you banned upon doing so, but you can still get rest if you don't play smart. Just follow these tips, and you'll be safe to mod.

1) If available, read the Road Map.

o Majority of the time, this will tell you how long it would take to unlock the full 1000G. It will also tell you if any achievements are glitched or not obtainable. That could save your *** from being reset.

2) Check to see whether it is available in your region or not.

• Pretty stupid, but it will help. If you unlocking achievements for games that aren't available in your region, then the XBL PET will become really suspicious of your GS acquiring. Yes, a lot of people have NTSC and PAL consoles, but since Microsoftkeep their findings under wraps, it would be hard to determine how they could catch you.
3) Don't unlock too many at one time.

• Personally, I unlock 250-500 Gamerscore a day. There have been a few occasions where I unlocked 1000G, but these games were offline + under 5 hours.
  • Set yourself a limit as to how much you should unlock. If you are adding timestamps, you still aren't safe. On average, if you are logged into LIVE 2-3 hours a day, but your timestamp shows that you have unlocked (insert GS number here) in a 12 hour gaming session, again, pretty stupid to think it, but it could raise an alarm.
4) Pre-release unlocking

• You got your hands on Madden 11 (using this as an example, as it's already leaked online). What do you do? Unlock the achievements and then connect to LIVE, allowing ANY Xbox staff member to see your "achievement". More than likely, they will investigate until s*** hits the fan. Not worth losing access to your profile over 1000G a few days before someone else.
  • The game could have glitched achievements. Be careful.
  • I suppose the already mentioned 3 points apply to this as well.
5) Offline/Online (Timestamps)

• Best thing to do is to find legitimate profiles via MyGamerCard and unlock according to them.
  • If unlocking offline, obviously, times don't matter, but the order does.
  • If unlocking online, you could copy the exact time as the legitimate profile, or use something similar. Showing 10 achievements unlocked at 1:53am is really stupid.
Last, but not least, it's common sense. Don't expect these 5 points to get you out of trouble. You could still get reset. All it takes is one simple mistake and POOF! Your Gamerscore is back to 0, you are labelled a cheater and you can't unlock those achievements again (unless there is a way around it. I am not sure, as I am not that into modding).

Taken from Buzz Lightyear's tutorial, here.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
In my opinion, it's all a coincidence.

I was apart of the Kienct beta program and during that, I was modding my Gamerscore. I'm still suspension-free. B)

Refer to my sig for a little advice on how to go about modding your Gamerscore without making it obvious. :wink:

Top Bottom
Login
Register