Grand Theft Auto IV DLC: The Lost and Damned

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto IV' started by Carson, Dec 8, 2008 with 19 replies and 844 views.

1. Carson

Carson Retired Retired

Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    After years of speculation, Rockstar Games officially announced the first downloadable expansion pack for Grand Theft Auto IV. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned will be coming exclusively to the Xbox 360 early next year.

Grand Theft Auto IV came out in late April of this year. Being the first next-generation game in the ultra popular series, the fourth main game bought many new innovations: online multiplayer, streamlined gameplay, immersive environment and realistic animations. It garnered nearly perfect reviews from critics and sold at a record-breaking pace.

In spite of all the success, Rockstar Games was deep in the middle of a financial crisis. Grand Theft Auto IV was the most expensive game ever made with a budget of $100 million. In addition, its parent company Take Two Interactive was in danger of being bought out by Electronic Arts for most of 2008. The hostile takeover expired and Take Two Interactive remained independent due in large part to the financial success of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Grand Theft Auto IV was released on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. In an attempt to convert some Playstation fans to the Xbox 360 (the Grand Theft Auto series gained its popularity while on the Playstation 2), Microsoft gave a $50 million loan to Take Two Interactive in exchange for two exclusive downloadable expansion pack.

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned is the first of the two packs. As previously speculated, players will play as a new character instead of Nico Bellic. Players can expect to cross paths with the protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV throughout the expansion pack, however.

On the gameplay front, Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned will include several new additions. One of the few complaints about Grand Theft Auto IV is the lack of gameplay features, especially when compared to its feature-rich predecessor Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned won't sell well if it is just a story expansion.

2. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    there better be extra vehicles and weapons <_<

3. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I was hoping for zombies.
    But maybe in the other expansion pack.

4. kyle939

kyle939 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I think they are adding extra vehicles and weapons to the game!

I hope it's a free download is what I'm hoping for, and if there aint anything extra to add onto the game, I wont be downloading it!

I'd like extra cars off all ranges and weapons, and for it to be free.

5. Galadhrim56

Galadhrim56 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i hope they add more cheats, i really want to raise hell with the Ped Riot cheat :tongue:

6. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    the next DLC better be zombies!

7. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    Too bad I don't play this game anymore. I might sell it. But It looks like some people on my F-List is going to be playing this game again so I'll just keep it and see.

8. Holy Ownage

Holy Ownage Getting There

Ratings:
    I sadly enough just got my own copy of it... :frown:

9. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
  10. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:

Nothings free.

11. FRABAR

FRABAR Getting There

Ratings:
    trailer:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrsFIPrM5Bg]YouTube - GTA4: The Lost & Damned - VGA Trailer (HD)[/ame]

12. superaison

superaison Banned

Ratings:
    Release date is Feb 17th, according to xbox.com

13. KranK

KranK Member

Ratings:
    Kind of like Sons of Anarchy...

14. Justin

Justin #mmNation

Ratings:
    I've seen a new gun in that trailer :wink:

15. boom365

boom365 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  16. Zach The Zombie

Zach The Zombie Enthusiast

Ratings:
  17. HungSolo

HungSolo Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Same here even though I will have to buy another copy of GTA

18. Zach The Zombie

Ratings:
    Ha yea, that is what I thought also as soon as I started watching SOA I thought that the next GTA should be about a MC Club then they make this.

19. Kingoftheland75

Kingoftheland75 Newbie

Ratings:
    Its definately not free and its supposed to be exspensive.

20. Zach The Zombie

Ratings:

Ive heard it is going to be around $30, so 2400 MS Points.