• Thread starter Shadoe
  • Start date
  • Views 456
Shadoe

Shadoe

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
IT's funny that I used to moderate this forum like two years ago, now I'm asking the same people I was helping :tongue:

Anyways. I have an Xbox 360 that someone tried to heat gun fix, but did a horrendous job and looks like he fried the GPU. The GPU itself seems warped and not flat. Also brown flux residue everywhere around it. I keep getting errors that have to do with GPU bridging. I'm not a soldering guy, so I have no idea. I know the best option would be to get a new GPU and reball it with some better soldering balls.

Can I get someone's opinion on my situation?

Thanks,
Shadoe.

Scrufdog

Scrufdog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if it was done with a heat gun, you also might want to inspect the components around the GPU, especially the capacitors. Besides that, if he didnt use proper liquid flux while gunning it, it could have bridged some joints together. I'd get it reballed. Most people who do reballs also have some extra GPUs laying around and might be able to slap a 'fresh' one on there.

Shadoe

Shadoe

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
if it was done with a heat gun, you also might want to inspect the components around the GPU, especially the capacitors. Besides that, if he didnt use proper liquid flux while gunning it, it could have bridged some joints together. I'd get it reballed. Most people who do reballs also have some extra GPUs laying around and might be able to slap a 'fresh' one on there.
Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know anyone that offers a reballing service that's reliable? Every website online seems too sketchy for me. Or perhaps even a service in the B/S/T section. (Which I'll do now.)

nick126

nick126

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know anyone that offers a reballing service that's reliable? Every website online seems too sketchy for me. Or perhaps even a service in the B/S/T section. (Which I'll do now.)
go to pure3d2. don't go to icytank. a reball from pure3d2 is $60.

Garretts228

Garretts228

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Before you send it to pure3d2, DO inspect the board well. Check if the board is flexed, if the area around the reflow dips in wards, if capacitors are bulging... look for things that you could think of the aftermath of a kid with a 500F hairdryer lol. You wouldnt want to waste his and your time/money.

Top Bottom
Login
Register