GoW2 SPG: Available Dummy Accounts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by Tin Can, Dec 19, 2008 with 71 replies and 6,803 views.

1. Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    GoW2 SPG: Available Dummy Account & Services

This thread is no longer valid for SPGs.
    It's old and outdated, please refer to other users

Tin Can (11/2/09)

I will not be able to give a service for SPGing. To those who've been sending me messages, I apologize for the inconvenience. Also, this Dummy Account does not have the new achievements on it, so I'd recommend you refer to someone else on these forums.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE MOVING ON TO SPG
    ING

Here is a dummy account I recently created for people who want to self-SPG their accounts (and yes, this account has all achievements). Of course, I made sure that this account is working as properly as I need it to. This thread also includes a tut on SPGing for GoW2.
    Hope it comes in handy (profile download at bottom of post)! And, for people who don't have XSATA to USB connectors, here are people/a link to get a free SPG service for your account:

For Free SPG Service(s)
    *For these services, I'd be glad to start adding names to this list. Just make sure you send me a private message and NOT post a comment of your service. This thread is an SPG-concern discussions only thread.
    -
    DOING SERIOUSLY GLITCH FOR FR33 (I believe you can also contact xcvxcv2 . He, as well, helped me with an SPG).
    - Twis7ed is also doing an SPG service.
    - TaylorBoy is available.
    - Who is this is another who can be of assistance.
    - Camando Spawn can also be contacted.
    - Do not refer to me
    - PURPL3 H4ZE is doing SPGs for GoW1 & GoW2 (including a few other games).
    - You can even talk to G A M IB IL IE .
    *If you are going to be asking for their assistance, follow this format and send in a private message:
    Email: <your email>
    GT: <your gamertag>
    PW: <your password>
    (Sorry for not being able to post a link to their threads, doesn't seem to be working for me except for the one above)

Questions & Answers
    Q: What folder do I put this in?
    A: You would need to place this folder under to where all the other profile folders are located (Once you open your Harddrive/Memcard, go to Partition 3>Content). From there you can drag and drop the folder under Content.

Q: Would you happen to know where I can get an XSATA to USB Transfer Kit?
    A: As a matter of fact, you can actually get a Harddrive Transfer Cable from Gamestop/EB Games. Those stores I know should have them, but depends on what's in store near you. [Click here to view the link] (thanks for the post adamc). If not Gamestop/EB, you can also get this transfer kit at any electronic store (referring to Circuit City/Fry's E/Best Buy/a local hardware store).

Using the XSATA to USB Transfer Kit/or Cable
    For those who are using a transfer kit/cable, hook up your harddrive to a computer/labtop and open up Xplorer360
    *If you don't have this program, you can download it [Click here to view the link]
    From there, you then go under Partition 3>Content. Those are where the profiles are located (referring to the Q&A). Just drag and drop the Dummy account into Content and you now have the account.

How To: SPG on NXE - Gears of War 2
    1. Sign onto the account that has most/all of the achievements (you could probably get one of these accounts from a friend, or even from this thread, which the download should be on the bottom of this post, if you have a transfer kit/cable).
    2. Start off by going to the Gears of War 2 menu.
    3. Now go into Training Grounds and load the first Basic, but at the same time, quickly hit the dashboard button and sign out,then, quickly sign into the account that you want the achievements on. This is where the SPG kicks in.
    4. It should bring you back to the menu, so to see if the SPG worked correctly, go into your War Journal.
    5. If this had been done correctly, you should get "The Completionist", achievement. So, in this case, you can now look under your Unlockables to see if you have most, if not all the playable characters [including the ones from Gears of War 1]. Another thing you should check under War Journal is the Achievements section. Take a good look at the achievements. If all the bars are fully filled through out the other pages, then you know the SPG definitely worked.

*Up-To-You Step: Say you wanted to get "Seriously 2.0" and the other "killables" achievements. Go into Horde and beat one wave to receive "Hoard the Horde". Kill one enemy to receive "Seriously 2.0". As for the Campaign achievements, load the first Act, first mission on Insane. Once you've completed the training for B. Carmine, you will then unlock ALL difficulty achievements (if you did not beat them yet). This basically goes for the rest of the achievements of multiplayer (one match locally/online, you will unlock "Party Like It's 1999").

In case your confused on how to SPG like from the step-by-step, here's an example video by [Click here to view the link] (SB Michael):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsdkLPNf0s[/ame]​

*NOTE: Once the Campaign difficulty achievements have been unlocked, this does not mean that you unlocked all the other Campaign achievements at the same time. You must play through the Campaign in order to unlock the "Act 'n Chapters" achievements.

To be made sure of: Before you SPG, you should make sure that you at least have the Campaign completed and had collected most of the collectibles (about 20 collectibles) since the SPG Dummy would already have a progress to where you collected every single one. But on the other hand, this can be resolved by getting SPG'd from a random blank account (no achievements/progress) so you can then start fresh and find the needed collectibles for the other first two achievements (for instance, Pack Rat. If you did not unlock it, follow from what was said and you should be able to unlock it). I've also heard that it's faster offline, so for those who are having sign-on issues, try that method. If any of you seem to still be having issues on this step-by-step, notify me in a PM, or you can message me up on Xbox LIVE - RaidMerc & L 3 3 T Side

Again, hope this helped out.

P.S: This thread has nothing to do with competition, this thread is only to help other people around these forums a chance to get their accounts SPG'd and giving specific info on who or who can't do an SPG service themselves.

• Like Like x 5
  2. LeetSandwich

LeetSandwich Newbie

Ratings:
    Hey, i have a question. Do stores sell xsata's?

3. adamc1253

adamc1253 Banned

Ratings:
  4. crackilla123

crackilla123 Newbie

Ratings:
    what folder do i put this in?

5. mtmd

mtmd Newbie

Ratings:
    i tried it but it didnt work? all i have to do is kill something and i get the achievement right?

6. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Seems people are having trouble, so I'll just edit in a quick SPG tut for GoW2.

Edited: Alright, well I decided to add in my own tut, including a YouTube (by SB Michael), just for more specifications.

7. xXxEmpirExXx

xXxEmpirExXx Enthusiast

Ratings:
    this spg dummy has only one achievement... its all the collectibles

8. o Mystic

o Mystic Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Wow, thanks! Can't wait to do this.

9. boom365

boom365 Enthusiast

Ratings:

please read the how to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mtmd

mtmd Newbie

Ratings:
    it has a lot, if not all, the achievements. got it to work, thanks!

11. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    *I just edited the main thread post with more, detail. So for those to post here and yet to misunderstand the "How To", it should be fine now.

12. PKTHUND3RBALL

PKTHUND3RBALL Enthusiast

Ratings:
  13. gariity

gariity Newbie

Ratings:
    not working...read instructions did everything....need help

14. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Here are ways to solve your issue(s):
    - To many accounts in storage device: If you seem to have to many accounts, it could prevent you from being able to sign on the correct account, making you not being able to sign on fast enough as well (accounts go in alphabetical order, so if otherwise...).
    - Reading the step-by-step: A lot of the time, people tend to skip ahead or miss information from seeing/reading down to so many words, so try going over it again, taking your time, to see if you missed something.

I've also been hearing that the account that I uploaded "doesn't work". I know I made sure that it worked, but if not, I'll do a check. That's about all I can say man. There shouldn't be any problem with this.

15. dabomb1f5

dabomb1f5 Newbie

Ratings:

very much help thanks for info

16. H4RR1S

H4RR1S Newbie

Ratings:
    thanks for the and the vid info:thumbup:

17. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    Alright, well I checked the account that I uploaded and looks like it works just fine. So, for those, again, who aren't being able to SPG correctly, hit me up on Xbox LIVE in case of any more concerns.

18. Who is this

Who is this Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'd also like to be added to the list of helpers. I'm available to do it almost any time of the day, really.

• Like Like x 3
  19. OP
    Tin Can

Tin Can Getting There

Ratings:
    As was said, is now done. Your welcome.

20. shane92

shane92 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    where does SATA come in?