Reaction score
Sin$
they need to change it

C

Colt 45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
how come on one of the achievements it says reach level 100? i read that 99 thing too but wtf is the 100 on the acheivement

o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Colt 45 said:
how come on one of the achievements it says reach level 100? i read that 99 thing too but wtf is the 100 on the acheivement

There are 100 ranks.

T

TheIncredibleZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
o CLiFF x said:
There are 100 ranks.

I thought there was 99. If you sign into xbox.com and compare Gears 2 achievements with someone you can see the achievement pictures. I hope you get a 5th Rank gamerpic for reaching level 100.

SiK MuShRoOm

SiK MuShRoOm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It will be good if they dont use TruSkill to determine the ranks

T

TheIncredibleZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK MuShRoOm said:
It will be good if they dont use TruSkill to determine the ranks

Level 5 = 1 Bar
Level 15 = 2 Bar
Level 25 = 3 Bar
Level 50 = 4 Bar
Level 100 = Star

SiK MuShRoOm

SiK MuShRoOm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
TheIncredibleZ said:
Level 5 = 1 Bar
Level 15 = 2 Bar
Level 25 = 3 Bar
Level 50 = 4 Bar
Level 100 = Star

Na i dont mean like that. I mean if they base it off of how you do in individual games it will work out a lot better. Actually be "TruSkill" if you know what i mean.

T

TheIncredibleZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
SiK MuShRoOm said:
Na i dont mean like that. I mean if they base it off of how you do in individual games it will work out a lot better. Actually be "TruSkill" if you know what i mean.

You get XP depending on your score at the end of the game. So your level will reflect how you play.

SiK MuShRoOm

SiK MuShRoOm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright yeah thats what i was talking about. That will be cool

M

MaSTA SoLIDUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
But you still get matchmaking based off of your trueskill, which is 1 through 5.

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Odysseus' Summit Fabled Veteran Scaling the Mountain
Reaction score
Sin$
Major props if you ull tht off

I'm a 2-bar, but my stats are bad because when i first got it, i jumped right into matchmaking

M

MaSTA SoLIDUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I hope people understand the difference between their experience level and Trueskill ranking.

Because I already see peopel are going to ***** about being matched up--and beaten--by lower level people handily...forgetting the under-the-hood TrueSkill rank is what determines matchmaking. Grinding your level up is a) useless and b) doesn't prove skill at all. I liked the old system where your skill = rank and if you played badliy you lost it.

You still lose EXP from quitting, but now this arbitrary level system is going to be looked at as the measuring stick for skill when it isn't.

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
MaSTA SoLIDUS said:
I hope people understand the difference between their experience level and Trueskill ranking.

Because I already see peopel are going to ***** about being matched up--and beaten--by lower level people handily...forgetting the under-the-hood TrueSkill rank is what determines matchmaking. Grinding your level up is a) useless and b) doesn't prove skill at all. I liked the old system where your skill = rank and if you played badliy you lost it.

You still lose EXP from quitting, but now this arbitrary level system is going to be looked at as the measuring stick for skill when it isn't.[/quote

Exactly, they're approaching a Call of Duty type ranking system which doesn't prove a **** thing except that you've played for a really long time. It doesn't take skill to get to level 100, just time.

J

JiigSaW13

Reaction score
Sin$
IronFalcon92 said:
We shouldn't have the right to tell them to change the ranking system. It is what it is. Since when do we have the right (as gamers) to tell the makers to change anyting about their game. Especially now...rumors are saying they are going to patch the 2-piece. If u can't use it and are getting tired of it being done on you.....don't play the game. No offense to any noobs.

I live and die by the 2-piece... it would be a shame if they removed that. As for the ranking system I have to disagree with you there, it's in need of a change because half of the 4-ranks and above bridge/host quit to get there anyways... It could also bring back a lot of the players who stopped playing gow2 for that exact reason

P

P R O L II K E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does anyone know if it will be out like at 12:00 since its march 23 today and tomarrow would be the 24?

T

TheIncredibleZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
P R O L II K E said:
does anyone know if it will be out like at 12:00 since its march 23 today and tomarrow would be the 24?

I've seen this question a lot... No one knows.

o CLiFF x

o CLiFF x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
IronFalcon92;992626][quote=MaSTA SoLIDUS said:

You still lose EXP from quitting, but now this arbitrary level system is going to be looked at as the measuring stick for skill when it isn't.[/quote

Exactly, they're approaching a Call of Duty type ranking system which doesn't prove a **** thing except that you've played for a really long time. It doesn't take skill to get to level 100, just time.

But the old ranking system caused so many people to cheat in order to get their rank 5, I've never really ever seen a "legit" 5 rank, most of them standby because if you don't then the other team certainly would.

IronFalcon92

IronFalcon92

Baedolfin
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
o CLiFF x;993388][quote=IronFalcon92 said:
But the old ranking system caused so many people to cheat in order to get their rank 5, I've never really ever seen a "legit" 5 rank, most of them standby because if you don't then the other team certainly would.

So why didn't they just update the stanby and bridging protection. They didn't have to change the ranking system. But then again when i look at Call of Duty games, I see that people play that game for hours on end. So overall i think it goes both ways.

Top Bottom
Login
Register