GoW2 Fix Bridge Tutorial

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Game Modding' started by P R O L II K E, Feb 16, 2009 with 8 replies and 1,498 views.

1. P R O L II K E

P R O L II K E Enthusiast

Ratings:

GOW 2 FIXING YOUR BRIDGE TUTORIAL
    CREATED BY: P R O L II K E

First let me specify exactly what this thread is for. This is were you come when you know exactly how to set up your bridge for you connection and you have been able to get host and now suddenly it dose not work anymore. I can only help you out if you are using this setup CAIN ABEL, ZONE ALARM PRO, WINDOWS XP. If you are using other programs then goodbye because this thread is not for you.

I have put this easy tutorial together and most likely it will solve your problem and clear up the other threads from all your posts saying, "Well my bridge just suddenly stopped working".
    HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU GOT HOST?

• It dose not say connecting to the match you just get into one( if it does say connecting turn off your Xbox as you are connecting and you do not lose any true skill )
    • On Cain Abel if you are not host you will get about 6-7 ips pop up right before you get into a game.
    • On Cain Abel if you are host you will get ips normally one at a time and once you get a game on the loading screen that is when the 6-7 ips come up.
    • When choosing map/game type you see the 6th vote.
    • If you put your slider on high the countdown would continue (if it stops you are not host)
    • When choosing weapon the zero will flash twice.

Tutorial On How To Fix Your Bridge If After The Above Steps You have Realized Your Not Host (FOLLOW IN THIS ORDER)

1. Turn off xbox 360
    2. open up cain abel
    3. Click the bottom left hosts tab
    4. Right click on the grid and choose "Remove All"
    5. Click the bottom left APR Tab
    6. Right click on the top grid and choose " Remove All"
    7. Close out of cain abel
    8. Shut down zone alarm
    9. Unplug the power cord to the router then modem
    10. Plug in FIRST the router then the modem
    11. Open up cain abel
    12. Re create your bridge as you did previously when it worked before (if you forgot see one of the many tutorials on this site).
    Thanks I hope this helped You out. Any questions post below and ill try to answer as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nubble

Nubble Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    Re: GOW 2 FIX BRIDGE TUTORIAL

Wow, you have like 40 spelling errors, please fix.

3. ToGxKiLLHuStLa

ToGxKiLLHuStLa Newbie

Ratings:
    that is a pritty useful tutorial, i can now understand everything, but you and nubb havent had as far as i can find a topic on wat my problem is and its frusterating cuz i used to do it before cuz i bridge my xbox from my ethernet port n use a usb cable modem....my internet works fine but when i bridge the connections my xbox doesnt show at alll like its connected but when there not connected it pops up but say slimited activity....either of u have an idea or a link for this site or another for my problem please and thanks

4. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:
    ill fix the spelling errors by the a.m nubbs

5. Tallow 1

Tallow 1 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  6. adv1kbridgez

adv1kbridgez Newbie

Ratings:
    ive had more luck with, full uninstalls of both zap and cain, followed by an ip change, than a router/modem reset, than reinstall, i did that and i just found 10 wingman games in the course of an hour.

7. OP
    P R O L II K E

Ratings:
  8. adv1kbridgez

adv1kbridgez Newbie

Ratings:
    i just unplug my router and modem over night that always does it, but im sure if you google it you can find a way to do it anytime.
    you should accept my friend request/ send me one pro bro :biggrin:

9. Facade

Facade Newbie

Ratings:
    You can force a new WAN IP on a dynamic service (like cable unless you intentionally purchased a static IP) by changing your router's WAN MAC address. Whether or not your router supports that function depends upon the router. If you have a DD-WRT router, you are in luck.

Otherwise, like adv1k said, unplug your modem overnight. Most ISPs renew their IP leases in the early AM.