What's new

Solved Got deranked now everytime i start the game i get notice saying data is old must reset rank to conti

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katie Kills Em

Reaction score
Got deranked last night on Mw2. I started to level up just until i got a challenge lobby, but every time i start up the game i get a notice saying - Your data is from an old version of the game. You must reset your rank and unlocks to continue. How do i fix it? I bought Mw2 right off the xbox marketplace once my disc stopped working. I know it says to delete the most recent update and re-download it, which i know how to do, but i cant find the update in my download history. Please help thanks.

Connor

Connor

Hi :3
Retired
Grammar Nazi Stickied FotM
Reaction score
Got deranked last night on Mw2. I started to level up just until i got a challenge lobby, but every time i start up the game i get a notice saying - Your data is from an old version of the game. You must reset your rank and unlocks to continue. How do i fix it? I bought Mw2 right off the xbox marketplace once my disc stopped working. I know it says to delete the most recent update and re-download it, which i know how to do, but i cant find the update in my download history. Please help thanks.
Deleting the game update pretty easy to do.

Go to your Xbox

Xbox> Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games & Apps > Call of Duty MW2

Inside there, there should be a title update or something of the sorts, delete that.

Last edited:
K

Katie Kills Em

Reaction score
Deleting the game update pretty easy to do.

Go to your Xbox

Xbox> Settings > System > Storage > Hard Drive > Games & Apps > Call of Duty 4

Inside there, there should be a title update or something of the sorts, delete that.

Only thing in there are 2 game saves and the game itself. thats my problem the person corrupted my game and i don't know how to fix it other than going and buying a disc instead. is there a way to manually update the game?

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
Only thing in there are 2 game saves and the game itself. thats my problem the person corrupted my game and i don't know how to fix it other than going and buying a disc instead. is there a way to manually update the game?
Maybe they changed the way the title updates are stored?

I don't think there is anything you can do. You'll need to get into another challenge lobby to get your rank fixed.

Edit: Sorry I thought this was COD 4

Can you check your MW2 folder or did you do that already?

K

Katie Kills Em

Reaction score
Maybe they changed the way the title updates are stored?

I don't think there is anything you can do. You'll need to get into another challenge lobby to get your rank fixed.

Edit: Sorry I thought this was COD 4

Can you check your MW2 folder or did you do that already?

i did check my mw2 folder nothing there. i switched accounts and the game is fine. I don't know whats going on.

Connor

Connor

Retired
Reaction score
i did check my mw2 folder nothing there. i switched accounts and the game is fine. I don't know whats going on.
It's because your rank is screwed up on your account.

You'll have to get it fixed in a challenge lobby.

K

Katie Kills Em

Reaction score
It's because your rank is screwed up on your account.

You'll have to get it fixed in a challenge lobby.

alright. thanks for the quick responses man, i appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom