Got bridge and ZAP setup perfect

• Thread starter gentle bomb
  • Start date
  • Views 609
G

gentle bomb

Reaction score
Sin$
So here's the deal, I'm using a Crossover cable to connect my Vista 32bit laptop to my Xbox 360. That works, so then i bridge the 2 connections (Wireless Connection to linksys and Wired Connection using crossover cable to Xbox) So then that bridges right.

Then, i get Zap setup by making the new network in internet zone, then I add Xbox's Ip Range (65.55.42.130 - 65.55.42.255) and GoW2's (206.13.213.20 - 206.13.213.255) and make them both trusted. Last, I add my own Ip i get from Ip chicken, and add that to trusted, then hit apply.

So i have both Firewall sliders set to medium, and i have my friends Ip in the trusted zone, then change internet slider to high, search for match, and i don't even get 10 seconds to switch to medium because i already get into a game.

I think that this is because something isn't right with the bridge, but I know i did everything right, and even used a crossover cable and a regular ethernet cable both with no luck. It seems like Zone Alarm doens't even have an effect on my Xbox.

Someone help?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
gentle bomb said:
So here's the deal, I'm using a Crossover cable to connect my Vista 32bit laptop to my Xbox 360. That works, so then i bridge the 2 connections (Wireless Connection to linksys and Wired Connection using crossover cable to Xbox) So then that bridges right.

Then, i get Zap setup by making the new network in internet zone, then I add Xbox's Ip Range (65.55.42.130 - 65.55.42.255) and GoW2's (206.13.213.20 - 206.13.213.255) and make them both trusted. Last, I add my own Ip i get from Ip chicken, and add that to trusted, then hit apply.

So i have both Firewall sliders set to medium, and i have my friends Ip in the trusted zone, then change internet slider to high, search for match, and i don't even get 10 seconds to switch to medium because i already get into a game.

I think that this is because something isn't right with the bridge, but I know i did everything right, and even used a crossover cable and a regular ethernet cable both with no luck. It seems like Zone Alarm doens't even have an effect on my Xbox.

Someone help?

Okay, so this used to happen to me as well. What I originally did was uninstall and reinstall ZAP, and that worked for awhile, but then it happened again. Then my computer crashed (Shaking fist at Vista) and when I got everything set up again, it all worked, and still does. I dont know exactly what causes it, and I dont have a clue how to fix it... I'm trying to figure it out though, if I find out, I'll definately post

try adding 206.16.213.20-206.16.213.255

That may help

G

Galadhrim56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
acid x nubble said:
Okay, so this used to happen to me as well. What I originally did was uninstall and reinstall ZAP, and that worked for awhile, but then it happened again. Then my computer crashed (Shaking fist at Vista) and when I got everything set up again, it all worked, and still does. I dont know exactly what causes it, and I dont have a clue how to fix it... I'm trying to figure it out though, if I find out, I'll definately post

That may help
hey acid, im having a problem... i never find a freaking match in only happened one time then its slow as hell, can you help me :?

N

Nubble

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Galadhrim56 said:
hey acid, im having a problem... i never find a freaking match in only happened one time then its slow as hell, can you help me :?

Are you in WINGMAN?

Try to open your nat

K

KranK

Reaction score
Sin$
Stop posting threads about needing help, theres about 400 of these.

G

gentle bomb

Reaction score
Sin$
acid x nubble said:

That may help

I did what you did, uninstalled ZAP, installed it, and redid everything and even put in 206.16.213.20-206.16.213.255but still didn't work.

G

gentle bomb

Reaction score
Sin$
I have, waiting for response... I've been trying this here for so long.

Top Bottom
Login
Register