What's new

Question Got a used PS3, cant figure out whats going on...

• Thread starter ThreeHourShower
  • Start date
  • Views 308
T

ThreeHourShower

Reaction score
Sin$
I know I did this wrong now. When I first got this PS3 I went to set it all up. until i tried to sign into psn. had connection setup and everything, so I checked the updates and the version number and I was surprised. "9.99" so I went to the recovery menu and tried the to restore the file system there. Now Im stuck with no firmware it seems. Ive tried formatting the hard drive with my PC every which way, but as i read on i dont think thats my issue.

so i came to a conclusion after researching all this stuff. correct me if im wrong, but i got a hacked ps3 that was spoofed to 9.99 and now that im stuck in recovery im having issues downgrading to anything else. I am under the impression that I can update to a cfw of the same version if i knew what my base version was. bummer because i dont. I tried the rebug 999 downgrader in recovery and it is NOT working. Cant seem to find a working rogero 999 downgrader pup to try that one. I have tried several different USB drives and even a disc, but nothing seems to help AT ALL. all i see is "no applicable data found. connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.40 or later..." What can I do now? I cannot access XMB to install a PUP that way. How can I remove the spoof through a recovery pup?? sorry for being such a turdhold new guy

T

ThreeHourShower

Reaction score
Sin$
i figured it all out. got lucky with one of the pups i used and it ended up being a DEX machine. So in my grand genius I switched back to CEX, downgraded to 3.55, then took the online ofw update. All went well, until I tried to login to PSN. Console ban. I tried to check it before I went ofw but I couldnt access sony servers on REBUG 4.75.3 D-REX to try and login, even with the newest sen enabler. Balls. It will play games no problem, but you just cant login to PSN. OK, now to get rid of it. What are the odds I can buy a legit one somewhere and return this unit complaining to them about it? Im guessing gamestop is out of the question because I assume they document serials? What about pawn shops or a walmart or something?

Top Bottom
Login
Register