• Thread starter DvdXploitr
  • Start date
  • Views 417
D

DvdXploitr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, first off, I am in an 18-wheeler truck so just going to a Walmart isn't as easy as you would think, I'd have to find a place to park the truck, ask if I can drop the trailer then find a nearby Walmart......so, with that in mind, I have a question about the console. I just got it and all it has is the system and power cable. I plug the system into a power inverter (1500w continues/3000w peak, so it should be able to run it no problem) and the power light comes on and that's it, the ring of light doesn't flash or anything. Is this normal for a console to not flash the ring of light when there is no av cable connected??? I'm just curious before I spend money on an HDMI cable and controller (would probably have to get controller off craigslist).

Aron

Aron

Cum late. Leave early.
Legendary Veteran Jokester CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay, first off, I am in an 18-wheeler truck so just going to a Walmart isn't as easy as you would think, I'd have to find a place to park the truck, ask if I can drop the trailer then find a nearby Walmart......so, with that in mind, I have a question about the console. I just got it and all it has is the system and power cable. I plug the system into a power inverter (1500w continues/3000w peak, so it should be able to run it no problem) and the power light comes on and that's it, the ring of light doesn't flash or anything. Is this normal for a console to not flash the ring of light when there is no av cable connected??? I'm just curious before I spend money on an HDMI cable and controller (would probably have to get controller off craigslist).
if its the slim then idk but if it is the phat one then it should flash red ring of lights

D

DvdXploitr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Just gets stranger.....I looked at YouTube and I see video of someone showing fat 360 with no red rings without Av cable and then I see a video of someone showing 4 red rings with no av cable hmmmm

UnlinkedSquare

UnlinkedSquare

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Just gets stranger.....I looked at YouTube and I see video of someone showing fat 360 with no red rings without Av cable and then I see a video of someone showing 4 red rings with no av cable hmmmm
In my experience only xenon consoles (non-hdmi) flash the four red rings with no AV cable . And my falcon here won't start at all with no Avs, just the green light in the center. I would get some Avs if I were you and check it out. You can always just return them if your xbox still doesn't work.

D

DvdXploitr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In my experience only xenon consoles (non-hdmi) flash the four red rings with no AV cable . And my falcon here won't start at all with no Avs, just the green light in the center. I would get some Avs if I were you and check it out. You can always just return them if your xbox still doesn't work.

Okay, thanks for that, makes me feel better. This system is a falcon and the green light comes on, same as yours apparently. Btw, love the signature.

GModz Tuts

GModz Tuts

Se7ensins Un-Official Lobby Verifier
Free Hoster Hardened Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Ugh... Here is the answer you are looking for.

hdmi consoles, ALL of them including slims, will have the power light turn on but the ring of light will do nothing if no avor hdmi cable is connected. Xenons(which are non hdmi) will flash 4 red lights. Opuses (which are non hdmi falcons) will do the same thing as hdmi consoles.

kanyun

kanyun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yep, like others have said, the dashboard wont even boot without the AV cable inserted, and the rings flashing are the sign that the dashboard has booted.

Get yourself a cable for it and try it out again! If you're not getting 3 red lights, your console is probably fine. Just try to avoid leaving it on if you drive, as the bumpy ride would definitely scratch up some discs if they were spinning in the drive.

Top Bottom
Login
Register