What's new

Discussion Got a New 850 Evo SSD (w/ Benchmark)

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
pbhOIMy.jpg

Benchmark:
128GB OCZ Vertex 450 - Blue
250GB Samsung 850 Evo - Green

WbhyUCG.png

Other than the benchmark (Random Read from Aida 64), I personally am not too sure if it was worth paying the extra premium on the 850 Evo compared to another brand however I heard that the warranty is excellent and that Samsung uses it's own made parts for the whole manufacturing unlike other SSD companies.

Thoughts?

Feel free to share your Aida 64 Random Read Benchmarks.

Last edited:
iFrostys

iFrostys

PC Master Race | Stay Frosty!
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm getting a new SSD as mine failed earlier today, Was going to just get another HyperX Fury 240gb, but after seeing those speeds I might spend the extra money and invest in one of those. Nice bit of kit buddy!

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, welccome to the SSD master race. . I'll have to test my pny ssd later today. 
I'm getting a new SSD as mine failed earlier today, Was going to just get another HyperX Fury 240gb, but after seeing those speeds I might spend the extra money and invest in one of those. Nice bit of kit buddy!
Lol, same character in our Sig!

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice, welccome to the SSD master race. . I'll have to test my pny ssd later today. 

I already had an SSD though. I had the OCZ one for my OS. But I think the OCZ one may be dying so I got this instead as a precaution if I decide to RMA it for the second time.

Now I moved OS to this and using the OCZ one for some games like Arma 3.

iFrostys

iFrostys

PC Master Race | Stay Frosty!
Reaction score
Sin$

Omg <3 Your sig is so much lovelier than mine. When I get my PC back I'm guna have to load up Photoshop and 1 up you haha!

Jet1337

Jet1337

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an 840 Pro and an 840 EVO. I saw a chart at tomshardware.com about the read and write speeds and the 850s aren't that much better than the 840s.

meetii

meetii

Lads In Black
VIP
Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I've only heard good of Samsung's SSDs compared to other brands, so that's something. I just heard there's not an incredible difference between 840 and 850 but feel free to correct me on that.

poopinouttacos

poopinouttacos

The Taco Master
Reaction score
Sin$
I shall be getting one of these in a couple months and I love your sig :roflmao:

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Top Bottom
Login
Register