What's new

Discussion Goodbye to GTA IV Multiplayer?

• Thread starter ChrisTuffur
  • Start date
  • Views 9,416

Do you like Microsoft's decision to discontinue Games for Windows Live?

• Total voters
ChrisTuffur

ChrisTuffur

The GTA Expert
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't know how many of you have heard, but Microsoft are discontinuing the Games for Windows Live service for all Games for Windows Live titles. Grand Theft Auto IV, being one of the titles that makes great use of this service and is still widely used, is more than likely going to lose all multiplayer functionality. Now, this hasn't been confirmed yet, as Rockstar may have their own plans to set up their own online servers, but I cannot confirm that either. If Rockstar don't intend on doing this, all Steam copies of both GTA IV and EFLC could still be patched and moved to SteamPlay, Steam's multiplayer service, but where would this leave players that have a hard copy (disc) of the game? No multiplayer? Owning GTA IV on disc could be to disadvantage of myself, as I frequently play GTA IV online on Games for Windows Live. I am really hoping Rockstar deal with this, with PC players in mind (for once), but it's unlikely, as we all know Rockstar have given up on GTA IV for Xbox 360 and PS3.

The Games for Windows Live service will be discontinued July of this year.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think Rockstar will deal with this, or leave the PC multiplayer to die out? I mean, it does mean they spend less money on servers. :tongue:

Let me know! :wink:

tony316

tony316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i'll be very disappointed if R* did nothing but like you say it aint looking very good.

SneakiestKent

SneakiestKent

Black Desert Online
Lifetime
A Milli Artist Treasure Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Thank the heavens it is not xbox. And sorry they are doing that to the people who play on PC.

R

rocknrobert07

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I just downloaded GTA IV on my new desktop and played it online for the first time on PC yesterday. It has chat! Who knew! lol, I was playing again earlier, it has much better graphics on PC than on xbox, even if you don't have a video card, that's nice. I can't believe they are removing games for windows. I was just starting to enjoy it. I vote no.

Wh1t3 x Sm0K3

Wh1t3 x Sm0K3

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Online still works I made a custom game and 8 players join left and right last night.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register