Discussion Good headsets for PC?

• Thread starter XherpxDerpX
  • Start date
  • Views 466
X

XherpxDerpX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have $800 and am looking for a good headset. Any suggestions?

O

OMGnanerpus

Regular Everyday Normal MF
Staff
Lifetime
Reaction score
Astro A40s work pretty good for almost anything.

I

Integra

JDM
Reaction score
Astros. I have a pair, and i love them! Great for gaming!

X

XherpxDerpX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's the mic on the Astro A40? I would like the mic to be of good quality.

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
I have the Corsair Vengeance 1500V2 and they are quite nice.

T

The Mexinerd

dank memes
Reaction score
First: Do you prefer open or closed earphones?

R

Revshots

Nothing to see here!
Reaction score
Audio Technica ATH-M50's and a Blue Yeti.

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I have 3 sets of Astro A40's.

That should tell you something... :wink:

D

DOMIN8

Retired Green and Yellow
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
A pair for my 360 (X1 as soon as the adapter is available), a pair for PC and a pair for listening to music. My original headset ended up breaking but, they replaced it for free. In between the time that I got a hold of them and them sending me a replacement, I bought another headset. Down the road the green BXR's came out and I wanted those.

So basically I have two complete sets and and extra pair of just the headphones that I use for listening to music... :smile:

C

Cloudz

Sup m8
Reaction score
I have Astro A40s. I absolutely love them. Very comfortable and have AMAZING sound quality.

M

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Honestly a sound card, especially at that price, is just a waste of money. Unless you have a really outdated or crappy mobo, on board should be just fine. If you want better sound then go with a DAC over a sound card. But with just gaming it isn't really needed imo.

Also OP, if you want a good pair of headphones check out Sennheiser or Audio Technica, then just buy a separate mic. You'll get better quality over a headset. But if you want something wireless then check out the Steelseries 9H

R

ReSuReKtZ

Reaction score
Honestly a sound card, especially at that price, is just a waste of money. Unless you have a really outdated or crappy mobo, on board should be just fine. If you want better sound then go with a DAC over a sound card. But with just gaming it isn't really needed imo.

Also OP, if you want a good pair of headphones check out Sennheiser or Audio Technica, then just buy a separate mic. You'll get better quality over a headset. But if you want something wireless then check out the Steelseries 9H

im thinking of getting a40s so i can use them on pc and ps3 or is there something better priced

B

Brian Runs This

Sleep is the cousin of death
Reaction score

A soundcard makes a huge difference. Probably not while playing music, but in games it gives you an edge.

Top Bottom