What's new

Discussion Good HDDs

Z

Zaza

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know western caviar is a good company to buy HDDs from but its kinda pricy ($170) for 2TBs of storage. Do i need that much for downloading say 30-60 games plus a **** ton of mods. Also what else should i look for in a HDD? Thanks!

S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
I know western caviar is a good company to buy HDDs from but its kinda pricy ($170) for 2TBs of storage. Do i need that much for downloading say 30-60 games plus a **** ton of mods. Also what else should i look for in a HDD? Thanks!

Firstly its western digital. Secondly, it really depends on the games and the mods.

For an HDD you want something with at least 7200RPM and 64MB cache. Anything less is no good. Also always watch for sales, just a quick search on newegg found a Seagate 2TB drive for 99$ here. Just make sure to read reviews on newegg, if its got less than 4 eggs then i wouldn't risk getting it.

F

Fanboy

Mirakuru
Retired
Reaction score
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
113.1MB/s
Random access time of 11.3ms
$125.00

I

InfectHead

Strip the flesh, salt the wound!
Reaction score
Eh hard drives have reached the peak of their performance, specs matter very little and it's all about reliability. A Seagate Barracuda 2TB would make for a great storage drive.

Top Bottom