Good FiOS deals

Discussion in 'PC Support Archive' started by T Sizzles, Dec 3, 2008 with 2 replies and 125 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    So we're looking at how much FiOS costs compared to Verizon. Right now with Comcast, it's about $190 a month for Digital Voice + an extra fax line, Digital Premier with all the movie channels, 2 HD DVRs, and 16/4 internet. I did a pricing on Verizon's web site with the most comprable packages to what we have now (FiOS HD Extreme, Movie pack, 20/4 internet, 1 Home Media DVR, 1 HD DVR, 2 standard digital boxes, and the phone package with all the calling features) and it came out to around $192, but that's only for the first three months. After that it jumps to around $240 because the Movie pack is $30 a month after three months, and the Home Media DVR is $20 a month after three months. We don't plan on switching anytime soon, because of the cost and the fact that Verizon still uses a modulated POTS phone service, I was talking to my parents and a few of our neighbors who did get FiOS said the phone sound quality blows. I read that Verizon plans on rolling out Digital Phone sometime in the future.

So are there any hidden deals that would be less than $200 a month, and is comprable to what we have with Comcast now?

EDIT: I think we may be in a contract with Comcast, if I can recall when we got Digital Voice I think the price lock came with a contract. If my dates are correct, the contract would be up next August or September.

2. Xpargas

Xpargas Seasoned Member

Ratings:
    My aunt just got fios anout a month ago, before she had comcast, she said shes paying less for fios but i dont know what she pays

I wish i could get it where i live, the fastest internet in my area is 5,000 kb/s

3. OP
    T Sizzles

T Sizzles VIP VIP

Ratings:
    With FiOS there are some options that I think are cheaper than some that Comcast offers. But we got a deal by signing a 2 year contract.

Pretty much, we're signed in until next August. If Comcast is dragging their legs and there aren't 80 HD channels like Comcast customers in Philly and Boston get, we'll probably switch. But I'm not a fan of the Verizon interface at all. The best UI on a STB I've used is the Microsoft ones on AT&T U-Verse STBs. Comcast's upcoming software looks pretty nice too. They said at CES or CEDIA that it would be out by the end of 2008 in most markets. But since its based on tru2way, and there aren't any tru2way sets on the market yet, I don't think we'll see it until 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.