What's new

Unsolved Golly's Intel Upgrade 2/2/18

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my PC this year finally going to make the best switch of my life to Intel lol, I been on AMD since 2013 and have regretted it since because I know if I were on Intel desktop and gaming productivity would be so much better. I do a lot of gaming, streaming, video editing and photoshop work so I am trying to gather some opinions from you guys on this parts list I put together. I already have a 1080 in my rig so I am set on graphics FYI.

Here's what I got right now just let me know your opinions please! I don't much about Intel **** so pls
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CbW8TB

Last edited:
S

Selena Gomez

Twitch.tv/kingsintv
Retired
Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my PC this year finally going to make the best switch of my life to Intel lol, I been on AMD since 2013 and have regretted it since because I know if I were on Intel desktop and gaming productivity would be so much better. I do a lot of gaming, streaming, video editing and photoshop work so I am trying to gather some opinions from you guys on this parts list I put together. I already have a 1080 in my rig so I am set on graphics FYI.

Here's what I got right now just let me know your opinions please! I don't much about Intel **** so pls
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KM6Lr6
Almost looks like the exact upgrade that I am thinking about doing to my build. Honestly it's 10/10, only things you could change would be the motherboard from the ROG to the Gigabyte AORUS it costs more but has built in sound card stuff which is nice. But is completely optional, and the only other possibility would be a corsair h100i/110i cooler over the kraken (corsair is a bit cheaper). But again just optional and preference choices really.

G

Golly

Stay Humble
Reaction score
Almost looks like the exact upgrade that I am thinking about doing to my build. Honestly it's 10/10, only things you could change would be the motherboard from the ROG to the Gigabyte AORUS it costs more but has built in sound card stuff which is nice. But is completely optional, and the only other possibility would be a corsair h100i/110i cooler over the kraken (corsair is a bit cheaper). But again just optional and preference choices really.
I hear ya, I thought about going with a corsair cooler but feel like spending the $ so it can match my case. As far as the MOBO I'll just stick with that as well. But thanks for the help as always! :smile:

Top Bottom